Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts about the new codex

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Arson Fire

Arson Fire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

It's a typo only in the printed codex as far as I'm aware.

The digital version has D6 damage on both pages.

GarvielEisenhorn

GarvielEisenhorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
  • Faction: Harlequins (Kill Team)

Does the Perfect Ambush stratagem allow a Deliverance Broodsurge unit to move even after it uses the Reckless Manoeuvre stratagem?

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 358 posts
I'd love for it to be D6 across the board to be honest, it would make the neophytes pretty scary. So that's two things that GW will FAQ I imagine, this and mental onslaught and I also inagien they'll clarify officially what the ambush markers are supposed to do. They have already but imagine they'll probably re word it

Edited by TrawlingCleaner, 15 February 2019 - 07:58 AM.

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts

D6 damage mining lasers eh?

The 1 shot and weapon being Heavy is still putting me off though, much prefer the D3 shots on the Heavy version for a chance to actually hit something!

Going for a pair of Achilles with the Heavy mining laser and sitting them somewhere in midfield with their scout move I think.  Then hoping the opposition are distracted by everything else and don't shoot them. The fact I'm painting all my vehicles bright industrial Yellow might not help there of course.

Are Verlo

Are Verlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 400 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I think bladed cog neohytes with 2x mining lasers look really usefull. They can ambush or set up underground as needed and will often be able to set up where most needed. I imagine they will be good vs "-1 to hit at 12.01" -armies.

• Runefyre likes this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts

Possibly with the Kellermorph popping up and smoking some poor, unsuspecting character for the hit re-rolls as well? It's interesting that.

I'm thinking of giving 2 each (mining lasers that is) to my squads in trucks, who will probably be ignored for other more tempting targets. I'm not sure putting all that effort into making a few mining laser hit more often is worth it though.

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts

I am planning to use the neophyte ambush to shoot with autoguns whatever my acolyte flamers didn't kill.

The mining lasers are one shot yes, but they are priced for it, I think they fill the heavy weapon slot in that unit better than anything else. Being able to threaten armor is nice in an army so squishy.

Edited by Link2edition, 15 February 2019 - 05:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users