Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SM Heroes Series 2 now available worldwide, Series 3 in Asia

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,933 posts
Yeah, let’s make the only worthwhile old Marine sculpts in years Primaris!
  • Reldn, Master Commander Ajax, Interrogator Stobz and 6 others like this

+++The Host of Anguish+++

gallery_25301_10678_6786.jpg

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+ 

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts
Tactical Marines then Terminators, what about assault marines maybe?
  • SickSix likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

We have perfectly good Assault Marine kits. That Tactical kit is perfectly fine and there are already multiple variants.

-~Ishagu~-

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,933 posts
We have perfectly good Primaris marine kits. There’s multiple variants of Reivers (incoming) and the Intercessor kit is perfectly fine.
  • Master Commander Ajax, Pork Chop Express, Viridia and 11 others like this

+++The Host of Anguish+++

gallery_25301_10678_6786.jpg

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+ 

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
I don't see the point of looking at blind packaged, limited availability collectors items as replacements for any of the current kits, and I sincerely doubt that's the mindset of the folks designing these.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

No point in putting any Primaris in here with so many more kits coming out. I'd rather another wonderful re-imagining of something classic, just like the brilliant Series 2 Terminators.

• Azaiel, Master Commander Ajax, Pork Chop Express and 8 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Cleon

Cleon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 450 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Maybe an honour guard? 

• Reinhard likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts

No point in putting any Primaris in here with so many more kits coming out. I'd rather another wonderful re-imagining of something classic, just like the brilliant Series 2 Terminators.

That's certainly one opinion. I'd rather they capitalised on the new Primaris releases and offered some new kits and poses. A complaint currently is about the lack of variety in the Primaris kits. This could certainly help in that regard.

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts

A complaint partially addressed by the aforementioned new release wave.

Primaris Marines are the future of the range and will receive innumerable kits over the coming years. "Old" Marines are not, and this kind of release is a perfect way to introduce new/re-imagined Old Marine kits without bucking the existing trend.

• Tordeck, Brother Lunkhead, RedFox and 3 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts

No I mean they could literally do Intercessors in more dynamic poses and there is a significant desire for something like that, and not just from myself.

And you can't say the Vanguard have addressed the issue. Remind me how many different kits the classic Astartes have?

-~Ishagu~-

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,887 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

That's certainly one opinion. I'd rather they capitalised on the new Primaris releases and offered some new kits and poses. A complaint currently is about the lack of variety in the Primaris kits. This could certainly help in that regard.

It wouldn’t help that much, considering they’re only really available in Japan and Hong Kong. It’s not a great avenue for adding variety to kits, and I very much think it’s not the purpose they were created for.
  • Ullanor Wolf, FlamingDeth and Volt like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts

I'm not even going to bother having this discussion with you, Ishagu. Your posts are invariably your opinion masquerading as fact.

I didn't say they had addressed the issue. I said they partially addressed it. It's a step forward, one of many to come in future years. The Old Marine range has had literally decades to build up a huge library of kits. Primaris will have the same opportunity, and there is no point rushing it. Conversely, when are we ever going to get new Assault Marines (etc)? Presumably never in their classic form, and this SM Heroes series offers a chance to do just that without bucking the status quo. As fire golem posted above, this range is not designed to be a main release wave.

I don't think we need more Intercessor poses, and frankly the weight of opinion on this topic supports my view. No amount of your proselytizing will change that.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 10 February 2019 - 09:25 PM.

• mel_danes, Tordeck, Marshal Rohr and 12 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

No I mean they could literally do Intercessors in more dynamic poses and there is a significant desire for something like that, and not just from myself.

And you can't say the Vanguard have addressed the issue. Remind me how many different kits the classic Astartes have?

They have more because they've been out longer as Marshal Loss said there will be many more Primaris releases to come, tactical marines and terminators are iconic units from the old school marines, thinking or hoping the next one will be devastators or assault marines over primaris is no bad thing. 

My (very slow) Horus Heresy blog (now with militia and IH): 

http://www.bolterand...eresy-projects/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts

I'm not even going to bother having this discussion with you, Ishagu. Your posts are invariably your opinion masquerading as fact.

I didn't say they had addressed the issue. I said they partially addressed it. It's a step forward, one of many to come in future years. The Old Marine range has had literally decades to build up a huge library of kits. Primaris will have the same opportunity, and there is no point rushing it. Conversely, when are we ever going to get new Assault Marines (etc)? Presumably never in their classic form, and this SM Heroes series offers a chance to do just that without bucking the status quo. As fire golem posted above, this range is not designed to be a main release wave.

I don't think we need more Intercessor poses, and frankly the weight of opinion on this topic supports my view. No amount of your proselytizing will change that.

You're getting overly emotional. I'd like to see one thing, you'd like to see another - That's all there is to it. I'm sharing opinion and so are you. 

-~Ishagu~-

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Anything but Primaris would be very disappointing at this stage. I have no interest in the 12th Tac kit, 8th Terminator variant or new Scouts that look slightly more human.

I think saying ‘Classic’ Marines getting new models with different poses is a bad thing and then, a couple of posts later saying that Primaris Marines getting new kits and more poses is a good thing is a bit of a double standard.

I also think the number of people who are complaining at the moment about the lack of variety amongst Primaris kits pales in comparison to the number of people who have been complaining for years now about the treatment, and lack of ‘Classic’ Marines.

It’s great that people like Primaris Marines, you're getting a load of new kits and are clearly the focus of GW’s Space Marine kits going forward, would it really hurt to keep Space Marine Heroes focussed on old Space Marines?

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 27 April 2019 - 08:16 PM.

• Marshal Loss, Pork Chop Express, Brother Lunkhead and 3 others like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts

You're getting overly emotional.

Eloquent and compelling as always. I'll let our respective posts speak for themselves

• Tordeck, Marshal Rohr, Calgar 2.0 and 4 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

Yeah I don't want more primaris from the heroes line. These guys look great alongside primaris so much so that Im using them as base for a converted victrix guard/indomitus veterans force. So im praying for assualt or vanguard.

• Zebulon and Harleqvin like this

Zebulon

Zebulon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 606 posts
  • Faction: Several
I will just add my voice to the “anything other than Primaris would be great” cause, for what it’s worth.

It gets a bit boring reading only one person’s endless cheerleading for the hugely uninspiring* New Marines.

*personal opinion, natch.
  • Brother_Bethor, Master Commander Ajax, Marshal Loss and 7 others like this
ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gif

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,776 posts

I would love a new Gravis Captain, maybe a generic Chapter Master Model for Primaris.

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Tordeck

Tordeck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Anyone that has the Series 1 can tell you that they are already comparable in scale to Primaris. There is absolutely no reason for Series 3 to be Intercessors or Reivers.

• Zebulon likes this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts
Ishagu, might I offer you an alternative to get more intercessors poses? I think lieutenants could be a nice source of variability, they are a tad expensive (this series would also be more expensive than getting a box of intercessors, although not as much as 5-10 lieutenants) but you would only need to sprinkle a couple in a squad to give it some variation. That way you can easily add some more dynamic poses to the troops, you would just need to change weaponry, as they are not much more decorated than the rest of battle brothers.

I have to join the opinion of not doing more primaris, and I will add a part of my reasoning: the deathwatch release.
That was one of the last classic marines line releases, and showed us how a slight height increase and different posing of the legs really helped classic marines to gain a lot of presence, making them look bigger and more fitting to their lore descriptions. That was a change that was very welcomed in the community, but with the advent of Primaris it never spread to other space marines kits. Thus, the heroes series is an opportunity to give classic marines fans new sculpts with slightly modified proportions and more variability in stances and poses, something unlikely to happen as a main GW release in the following years. Who knows, maybe these designs were actually concepts for an eventual release, but they were discarded when the decision of creating Primaris was taken.
I agree with you, Ishagu, in that Primaris have limited posability due to their sprues design, and that is one of main factors why Primaris are not very attractive to me. I love kitbashing and converting, it is my favourite part of the hobby by far, and Primaris don't offer near as much options as the classic line.

However, as other fraters have said, Primaris will be getting guaranteed releases over the following years, which will progressively give more options and kits to kitbash and convert with. Classic marines will probably not have that option, so their fans, me included, see this series as a last beacon of light before fading in the shadows (regarding new model releases for the following years, lorewise only time will tell). That is why we would like it to stay as classic marines, while Primaris take the spotlight of GW releases.
  • Pork Chop Express, Toxichobbit, Harleqvin and 1 other like this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,857 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I wouldn't want any Primaris coming out of the Space Marine Heroes line, it's unneeded. Primaris get mainline support.

What I'd really want out of the Space Marine Heroes line is the ability to buy a single box with one of each model in it. Total non-purchase from me otherwise - I'm not gambling on miniatures.
  • Zebulon, Toxichobbit, SickSix and 1 other like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Anything but Primaris would be very disappointing at this stage. I have no interest in the 12th Tac kit, 8th Terminator variant or new Scouts that look slightly more human.

Gasp!
  • SickSix likes this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

What I'd really want out of the Space Marine Heroes line is the ability to buy a single box with one of each model in it. Total non-purchase from me otherwise - I'm not gambling on miniatures.

Interestingly, you can buy all of the series 2 set on the Japanese GW site. They didn’t/haven’t done this for series 1.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,293 posts

I'm not sure if this is unclear, but even with Series 1 and 2, when you buy like a complete large box, you get 1 of each model in it.  I think there are duplicates of the most generic model in Series 1 and the Series 1 Captain was sold separately, but it's only a random pick when you open a box up and buy the individual packs.  So most people buy the full large box for the full set.

EDIT - apparently that's not the case outside of the ones we got here in Asia!  Well ok, nvm then.  Thx to Chaplain Dosjetka for correcting me.

Edited by N1SB, 11 February 2019 - 09:53 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users