Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SM Heroes Series 2 now available worldwide, Series 3 in Asia

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
If it's like series 1 there may be different codes from different places in the UK as well, the ones I got from Element games used a different set codes to the ones from my local GW

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,193 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Can you order them online now from Element Games ?
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Joeker

Joeker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

For anyone who is interested, here are the side codes on the boxes:

Brother Feurran - NG1 19199

Brother Aramus - NG1 19203

Brother Dyrael - NG1 19211

Brother Phaello -NG1 19197

Brother Sanyctus -NG1 19198

Brother Ebellius NG1 19212

Sergeant Victorno - NG1 19196

Captain Donato - NG1 19198

The 2 duplicates I had (Aramus and Dyrael) had consistent numbers on their respective boxes.  Sanyctus (Lightning Claws) and the Captain both have the same side number.

bumping this up as it's got the UK (and Australia as far as I can tell) numbers. Although I got an Ebellius in  19211 in Brisbane today (they carry them at Zing), but the Aramus code was correct

• MaulerUK likes this

apologist

apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,290 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

Perhaps a silly request, but any chance you could post a pic showing where the numbers physically are on the boxes?

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,647 posts
Sure il post it tonight
  • apologist likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,618 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Head's up, as of this morning Series three is scheduled to drop on the 26th, this includes the paint set.

Link here

Edited by Focslain, 24 September 2019 - 12:39 PM.

• DuskRaider and DeadFingers like this

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,647 posts

Perhaps a silly request, but any chance you could post a pic showing where the numbers physically are on the boxes?

TtMXH1B.jpg

was expecting this Sergeant Victorno - NG1 19196 but got a second phaello (more like fail-e-o)

• Master Commander Ajax, apologist, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Can you order them online now from Element Games ?

Not yet, as soon as they have season 2 I will be getting a box or 2 from them.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,298 posts
Does anyone have an ETA on Element Games stocking Series 2? Some indie shops already have them (Firestorm Games, plenty of UK-based eBay-ers) but oddly enough not EG. :(

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

Got the Deathguard boxset on route to me, will have pics and videos up soon :)

• Vanger likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts
Brothers what is my best line on the paint set? I just want another Plague Caster.
I'm in the States.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,618 posts

Brothers what is my best line on the paint set? I just want another Plague Caster.
I'm in the States.

So I checked my usual, no go.

However I did have to get a Amazon.jp account for something else... checked there and here you go. There is even a bundle deal with the standard pull pack.

• mel_danes likes this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,141 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

I'm in the States.

However I did have to get a Amazon.jp account for something else... checked there and here you go. There is even a bundle deal with the standard pull pack.

That one won't ship to the UK sad.png that seller anyway, I do have the box of plague marines in my cart now though going to cost £45 in total... I am tempted to click the Order button.

edit: I caved it's payday tomorrow so I bought the Plague Marines, I'll keep an eye out for the Plague Caster haha

Edited by Reyner, 26 September 2019 - 02:01 PM.

• mel_danes likes this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,618 posts

I'm in the States.

That one won't ship to the UK sad.png that seller anyway, I do have the box of plague marines in my cart now though going to cost £45 in total... I am tempted to click the Order button.

I'll keep an eye on my usual channels, if it pops up I'll link it here. 

• mel_danes likes this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,304 posts
I got 2 of them. Plague Marine Heroes Series 3. They are on sale in Hong Kong. More details than expected. Like we know there are Nurglings, but looking at the base of the standard bearer, a Nurgling is poking his face up through an underground pipe, looking straight up.

Am at store, will post pics ASAP

Edited by N1SB, 28 September 2019 - 05:19 AM.

• mel_danes and Master Commander Ajax like this

Posted Image

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,304 posts

Because I'm lazy, and understanding Valrak has already ordered a full set and will likely do a much more thorough examination of these minis in video form, I'll just give you a preview of what's to come.

But to summarise - IMHO these are practically all (even better than) special character-grade models, at a 1/3 of the cost.

+++ Model Quality & Value +++

Thanks to all the Fraters on this thread, we've already seen display images of the models, but to confirm...they really are amazing.

gallery_57329_13636_9800.jpg

Fun Fact - I did do the lucky draw thing, I went through each blister and chose the heaviest ones...like shopping for fruit, like I wanted the most impressive models.  When I did it with Series 2 Terminators, that worked and I got the Terminator Sergeant with the Thunderhammer and Storm Shield.  This time, I did NOT get a leader figure, instead I got the Icon Bearer and Plague Spewer.

Per blister pack and per full box, they're a little more expensive than Space Marine Heroes Series 1 or Series 2, but I think it's worth it.  The reason is that all BUT the respective leaders of both those Series are effectively Alternative Marines.  Like the vast majority are simply uniquely posed Tactical Marines and Terminators respectively, which I greatly appreciate as I love the grenade throwing Tactical and the charging Assault Terminator, but they're just Alternate poses.

In contrast, and you guys have commented on this and now I can confirm with the actual sprues before me, these Series 3 minis really can outright replace their actual Death Guard equivalent miniatures.  For example, the Plague Marine with the Spewer is supposed to be in his Plague Marine Troops slot with a special weapon, but IMHO he makes a better Foul Blightspawn character than the actual official model.  When we compared them side-by-side, this new Series 3 model looked significantly more impressive.

And that is why this Series 3 really stands out IMHO.

The value proposition of Series 2, I remember saying when I made an unboxing post, was that they're cheaper yet better models than a regular box of Terminators...by a couple of quid/bucks.  The value proposition of Series 3 miniatures, IMHO now, is that they're cheaper yet better models than actual Death Guard character models...at about a 1/3 of the price.

Put another way, IMHO these Series 3 minis punch way above their weight class.

+++ Just to share one unexpected detail +++

This is such a small thing, but by that same token, it shows great attention to detail with these guys.

You've seen the product shot of the models standing there, painted all nice, all of them with some sort of Nurgle-themed pet.

But we hadn't seen much in the way of a top-down shot, on the bases themselves.  It's a minor issue, but take a look:

gallery_57329_13636_117249.jpg

There's a Nurgling crawling through some kind of underground pipe, popping his head up through the surface, to leer at your opponent.

+++

Really great models, but speaking of details, I'll leave a more detailed breakdown to Valrak because he'll get the whole set, etc.  But I'll be happy to answer what questions I can here, too.

Edited by N1SB, 28 September 2019 - 02:25 PM.

• Azaiel, Vanger, Master Commander Ajax and 2 others like this

Posted Image

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts
Ordered a set the other day.

Very excited.
  • N1SB likes this

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,421 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP
It occurs to me that the Japanese and Korean markets could be very lucrative for GW. When people from those 2 countries get into pop culture things they get REALLY into them.

I wonder how a Raven Guard Vanguard Veteran with claws and a beaky helmet would catch on?
  • Master Commander Ajax and N1SB like this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
They already have a bunch of stores in Japan. Maybe hold off on writing that suggestion e-mail.
  • Apothecary Vaddon likes this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,141 posts

Mine are arriving in the UK on Friday :D I got the box set from amazon so hopefully I'll get one of each.

longjohnsilver

longjohnsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 159 posts
  • Faction: Space Crows
For the series 2 I got :

NG1 19204 - Brother Aramus

NG1 19212 - Brother Ebellius

NG1 19196 - Brother Phaello

NG1 19197 - Brother Sanyctus

NG1 19198 - Brother Captain Donato

NG1 19199 - Brother Feurran

Luckily I've only got one duplicate (Feurran)and already got the captain. Be very careful with Donato's iron halo; I snapped 2 spikes off of it and had to stick them back, which was very fiddly.
ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_02.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_48988_15094_7590.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_792.png

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,141 posts
My Series 3 Death Guard arrived yesterday the quality of the sculpts is amazing.

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

Got mine, did my unboxing video for those interested:

https://www.youtube....h?v=4vHIln-Uaz0

Edited by LordValrak, 03 October 2019 - 02:38 PM.

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
Quite a big price jump on the Deathguard compared to previous series.

Sky Potato

Sky Potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Catachan
UK people, where are we getting the series 3 boxes from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users