Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SM Heroes Series 2 now available worldwide, Series 3 in Asia

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

Cleon

Cleon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I'd recommend amiami, I picked mine up from their store in Akhibara, but I've used their mail order before for international shipping. They will dip in and out of stock as they are sod and resupplied, but it's just a case of waiting.

• N1SB likes this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
What is going on with the release of season 2 in the UK?
They are not available from my preferred online retailers (Element games or just play games) or direct from GW but have been available for ages from a couple of retailers (Wayland now seems to have them in stock, I thought Element would get them the same time Wayland does).

Does anyone know of these are going to remain exclusive to a small number of sellers or go on general sale?

I'd rather wait and buy from one of my normal suppliers.

Edited by klisof, 05 October 2019 - 12:37 PM.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,304 posts

Valrak did a great video and he'll be doing a giveaway of his Space Marine Heroes Series 3 (the Plague Marines) later this month (Oct 2019, appropriate for Halloween), so you should check it out his channel on the YouTubes.  I noticed a minor detail in my own unboxing since I happen to have all 3 Series in the original Japanese format (and, as I've stated before, I notice trends more than just data points).  It relates to this topic:

It occurs to me that the Japanese and Korean markets could be very lucrative for GW. When people from those 2 countries get into pop culture things they get REALLY into them.

I wonder how a Raven Guard Vanguard Veteran with claws and a beaky helmet would catch on?

So I've laid out the original Japanese boxes of Space Marine Heroes Series 1 to Series 3.  In every one there is a little card that translates to "Formal Invitation" in Japanese.  In them are the address of the Warhammer Stores.  Since these came out in 3 different consecutive years, there's a trend:

gallery_57329_13636_160996.jpg

Within 3 years, GW literally doubled the number of stores in Japan.  It's only from 4 to 8 stores, but keep in mind the biggest single line item in GW's Operating Expenditure according to their annual report is "Retail" costs, meaning specifically their Warhammer Store (FLGS and Mail Order have their own separate entries) which make up 50%+ of their opex, and that Japan is one of the most expensive places to rent in the world (but to their credit, Japan has some very clever legislation about rent to keep it from being too high, to encourage small businesses).

Now, obviously there's a Store Finder page on the GW website, so this isn't some huge secret, but actually looking at these "invitation" cards put it into perspective, and a reminder of GW's expansion in Asia in particular (where growth has been 100%+ year-on-year for a bit now).

• Aramis K and CaptainFrederickson like this

Posted Image

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 979 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Okay, don´t know if this is allowed, but in Finlands codes:

19197 was Sanyctus, lightning claws

19200 was Dyrael, storm bolter, powerfist and servoskull

19196 was Phaello, storm bolter & powerfist
and
19199 was Feurran, assault cannon and powerfist

• N1SB likes this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 656 posts

They are not available from my preferred online retailers (Element games or just play games) or direct from GW but have been available for ages from a couple of retailers (Wayland now seems to have them in stock, I thought Element would get them the same time Wayland does).

Does anyone know of these are going to remain exclusive to a small number of sellers or go on general sale?

I must admit I am also confused about this - doesn't seem to have been any sort of formal release and series 3 is now out in Japan.

I managed to get a 10 x pack from Wayland but couldn't get them anywhere else. Typically my 10 x pack contained everything except the Captain and Ancient... lol.

I also notice the chances of getting the rares are way less in the UK Series 2 release than in the UK series 1. 

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,647 posts

Okay, don´t know if this is allowed, but in Finlands codes:

19197 was Sanyctus, lightning claws

19200 was Dyrael, storm bolter, powerfist and servoskull

19196 was Phaello, storm bolter & powerfist
and
19199 was Feurran, assault cannon and powerfist

this is spot on for what ive seen too 

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts
Question for the series 3...if you buy the shrink wrapped 6 pack is it guaranteed you will get 1 of each of the designs or totally random so that 6 of the same design is possible? Thanks.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,676 posts

I must admit I am also confused about this - doesn't seem to have been any sort of formal release and series 3 is now out in Japan.

I managed to get a 10 x pack from Wayland but couldn't get them anywhere else. Typically my 10 x pack contained everything except the Captain and Ancient... lol.

I also notice the chances of getting the rares are way less in the UK Series 2 release than in the UK series 1.

My local GW store hasn't gotten them yet, same thing with the FLGS near me (that one still has an UNOPENED BOX of Series 1 though.... :lol:)

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 574 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I got all 6, so I am going to assume yes.

(For series 3)

Edited by McElMcNinja, 14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM.

• N1SB likes this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts

My local GW store hasn't gotten them yet, same thing with the FLGS near me (that one still has an UNOPENED BOX of Series 1 though.... :lol:)

This is just getting weirder.

Element games now has a listing for series 2, but the complete box lists 12 minis rather than 10 like everywhere else. It could be a typo, but it's priced as a 12 figure set.

https://elementgames...eroes-2-display

That's only a couple of quid less than 12 individual figures for season 2 from Element games. If that is a box of 10 it's very overpriced compared to other retailers.

If it's a box of 12 that would be a totally different retail box to the ones already released.

This just seems to be the most mixed up release by GW I can remember
  • N1SB likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,041 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Question for the series 3...if you buy the shrink wrapped 6 pack is it guaranteed you will get 1 of each of the designs or totally random so that 6 of the same design is possible? Thanks.

The Japanese sets have one of each sculpt in (except for the Plaguecaster which is linked to the paint set).

Edited by Halandaar, 14 October 2019 - 04:14 PM.

• N1SB likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts
Great stuff thanks

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,676 posts

So, my girlfriend got me the Series 2 box and I think I'm the first one on the forum who got a full 10-pack outside of the ones who got from Japan?

I managed to get: 2 copies of both Aramus (Hammernator) and Dyrael (stormbolter and Servo-Skull), and singles of everyone barring Darrago (Banner Guy).

• N1SB likes this

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,597 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

I still haven't seen Series 2 available hereabouts yet, which is a little disappointing (we did get Series 1).

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - Land Speeder TYPHOOOOOOON

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,676 posts

I still haven't seen Series 2 available hereabouts yet, which is a little disappointing (we did get Series 1).

She ordered it on Amazon for me. My FLGS still only has Series 1 (including a full sealed box)

• Disruptor_fe404 likes this

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,597 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

She ordered it on Amazon for me. My FLGS still only has Series 1 (including a full sealed box)

Ah, I see. Sounds like I shall continue waiting...

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - Land Speeder TYPHOOOOOOON

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,649 posts

So, my girlfriend got me the Series 2 box and I think I'm the first one on the forum who got a full 10-pack outside of the ones who got from Japan?

I managed to get: 2 copies of both Aramus (Hammernator) and Dyrael (stormbolter and Servo-Skull), and singles of everyone barring Darrago (Banner Guy).

I got one from Wayland games back at the start of September and had the exact same pulls as you.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,283 posts

I got mine from Firestorm Games back in August, they've been out for a while now.  Check back to page 17 :)

I got the same box contents as you.

AppleCrumble

AppleCrumble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

I got mine from Firestorm Games back in August, they've been out for a while now.  Check back to page 17 :)

I got the box a week or so back from Wayland games: exact same breakdown but I got the banner chap instead of the captain, so maybe it's one rare a case (and all else the same)?

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 656 posts

I got mine from Firestorm Games back in August, they've been out for a while now.  Check back to page 17 smile.png

I got the box a week or so back from Wayland games: exact same breakdown but I got the banner chap instead of the captain, so maybe it's one rare a case (and all else the same)?

I also got a case from Wayland and mine had no rares in it...... :(

Space marine Heroes Series 1 had a 1 in 3 chance of getting the captain if you bought the 10 pack. Series 2 has a 1 in 5 chance so I think you guys just got lucky.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts

I got both he captain and the banner guy in my 10 box. Also no duplicates.

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 656 posts

Lol, I always knew I was unlucky...... :)

• deanup likes this

zarkkarn

zarkkarn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
Captain + 2 duplicates in my series 2 box set. Bought 2 sets of series 1 and didn't get the captain so pretty happy with series 2. Looks like banner bearer is rarest I'd just stick to picking it up from japan over gambling if series 1 odds are anything to go by.

de Selby

de Selby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts
US people interested in space marine heroes might be interested to know that Barnes and Noble has quietly expanded its exclusive Space Marine Adventures game (five of the series 1 models vs cardboard necron counters) with two different three model sets, including the series 1 captain. 

This was a surprise to me, I found them searching for something else!

• Master Commander Ajax and N1SB like this

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 339 posts

US people interested in space marine heroes might be interested to know that Barnes and Noble has quietly expanded its exclusive Space Marine Adventures game (five of the series 1 models vs cardboard necron counters) with two different three model sets, including the series 1 captain. 

This was a surprise to me, I found them searching for something else!

Thanks for this. The $25 for the set with the captain is a decent deal.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users