Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SM Heroes Series 2 now available worldwide, Series 3 in Asia

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,173 posts
N1SB: not in the boxes officially marketed outside of Japan/Asia. The boxes we got had twelves individual boxes inside and were completely random. Buying one box did not guarantee receiving one of each model.
  • N1SB and Bryan Blaire like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

N1SB: not in the boxes officially marketed outside of Japan/Asia. The boxes we got had twelves individual boxes inside and were completely random. Buying one box did not guarantee receiving one of each model.

The ones we got here in NA weren't "completely" random.

They had a set of numbers on the side, and based on these you could actually decipher what was in the box

Following this, I managed to get every Hero even though I was buying them separately. 

Although I will say its not 100%, I did get one hero that wasn't supposed to be in the box he was in based on the numbers.

Edited by m0nolith, 11 February 2019 - 06:01 AM.

• N1SB likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,301 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
I think, looking at this from a marketing angle, it kind of limits what we'd see. I, for example, kind of doubt we'd see Devastators as a kit unless they really make you chase the heavy weapons and good stuff. Assault Marines seem more likely as an example, since really they can put in just a couple "special" models while the remaining are standard troopers. More incentive to keep buying. Given the marketing that goes into play with these with the silhouettes though, I'd be very surprised if series 3 isn't something different from series 1 and 2. If I had to guess, I think it'll either be Assault Marines, Scouts, or Primaris. I think, from a "collect them all" standpoint, that scouts or Primaris make the most sense. They have a different silhouette, and can be made into multiple easy variants between Bolters/Knives/Snipers/Special for scouts or Intercessor/Reiver/various attachments for Primaris. As much at I'd like more basic Marines or even Assault or Devastators (and I've bought 20+ of the current boxes), I think they're more likely to go with something different for each wave because they're aiming for collectors, not specifically gamers. Just my $.02us
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

New scouts would be pretty damn dank honestly.

• Master Commander Ajax, templargdt and zarkkarn like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts

Givent that I doubt we'll be seeing any other classic marine releases (outside the resin feed from forgeworld heresy), It'd be weird to gear this one life line classic 40k marines have towards Primaris, which I expect pretty much all future 40k marine releases to be about. 

But this is getting off topic. Given the aesthetics of the previous two series, I think series 3 will be equally restrained when it comes their armor decorations. I don't think it'll be devestators (too close to the series 1?) which is why I think it'll be assault marines. 

As I've always felt this is a promotional thing, I'm not sure scouts are a likely candidate?

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Yeah assault marines would be my guess

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I wonder if it'll be Chaos marines.

Space Marine: Renegades or something. I'm sure they could cover it under the brand with a slight twist.

But this is for the Japanese market - do people collect bad guys in this blind packs?
  • Kinstryfe and Son of Carnelian like this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts

From what I hear I think the lion's share of japanese fans are mostly into IoM. This perception is likely pretty dated though.

D3L

D3L

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 707 posts
  • Faction: I, IX, XIV, XVII

in retrospect considering series 2 was reasonably priced, I might actually buy this series 3 in the local store (as opposed to ordering from Japan, like I did before)

Edited by D3L, 11 February 2019 - 10:05 AM.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,293 posts

omg wth GW.  Sorry about that, thx for the correction, because that is just really weird.

Edited by N1SB, 11 February 2019 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 324 posts

While Im always glad to see nice new sculpts and such, until they release these in primaris variants theres nothing that interests me.  I dont want anymore stunty marines now that we have the glorious Primaris range!

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

Would be interesting to see what they would do for the Captain model if they did a Scout squad.  Presuming they will do a 'secret' captain model again as they have done with series 1 & 2.

OrkPlayer137

OrkPlayer137

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts

Another possibility that hasn't been mentioned - they could do a general Veteran set with a variety of Sternguard, Vanguard jump pack, and even very ornate Honour Guard models.

And a third possibility is something chapter-specific this time, perhaps Space Wolves.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts

I don't think they'll do chapter specifics as that lessens the target audience. Also based on historic observation, I think they'll go relatively easy on the bling. A generic honor guard kit would certainly fill hole, but that doesn't really appear to have been the goal with the past two series.

But you never know.

• Son of Carnelian likes this

dread05

dread05

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

well technically 1st series was space marines, 2nd was blood angels. Could be something along the lines of space wolves or dark angels now.

I'm not trying to build a competitive army, I'm here for the fluff. I don't even play the game. I'm trying to build a thematic army, if the units are competitive, even better! Please keep that in mind every time I post something ^_^.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,197 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
As a completely out of left field idea, maybe they put bikes in? GW has done work on bikes lately (I speak, of course, of the Jackals) and they are a sculpt that I don’t believe has been updated in quite a while (certainly not as recently as other kits like the tacs, devs, and ASM’s). Special models could be an attack bike (maybe) and a couple dudes with flamers and chainswords.

I’d take either bikes or scouts, and hope they’re reasonably priced per capita.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts

well technically 1st series was space marines, 2nd was blood angels. Could be something along the lines of space wolves or dark angels now.

Only so far as the cover art was painted up as such. By the same logic series 1 was ultramarine.

dread05

dread05

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

Only so far as the cover art was painted up as such. By the same logic series 1 was ultramarine.

Yes it was ultramarines, I just went with space marines cause thats what ultramarines represent in the GW store. Series 3 could be bikes, green plastic, cover art as dark angels, but it would still be generic enough for every chapter.

• Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch likes this

I'm not trying to build a competitive army, I'm here for the fluff. I don't even play the game. I'm trying to build a thematic army, if the units are competitive, even better! Please keep that in mind every time I post something ^_^.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts

Yes it was ultramarines, I just went with space marines cause thats what ultramarines represent in the GW store. Series 3 could be bikes, green plastic, cover art as dark angels, but it would still be generic enough for every chapter.

My point is the models themselves are not chapter specific. They're generic space marines. Both series. No chapter iconography A collector of any chapter could get them. This is what I was originally adressing with the suggestion that series 3 might instead be chapter specific. Because the first two weren't.

I couldn't care less who gets to be the face of the box art :P

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts
Reinhard post got me thinking, and it would be nice if one of the future series, considering the name of the collection, was for veterans and officers. I could see some lieutenants and command/honour squad members as the common ones, and then a chaplain, a techmarine, a librarian and/or an apothecary as the special weapons equivalents, with a captain/chapter master as the special miniature.
  • Pork Chop Express likes this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,197 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Oh, I'd love a proper plastic techmarine. Doesn't even need a servoharness, just needs to be in plastic! 

A proper lieutenant kit would be nice too, with some proper customization a la the SM commander box.

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

THUNDERFISTS

THUNDERFISTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts

I'd buy it no matter what, both series so far have been amazing squads on their own. I'm very glad there hasn't been anything super chapter specific about them so far and hope that continues. Resculpted Scouts would be amazing, and so would new Assault Squad dudes. Primaris? Over the moon. 

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts

I'm going to go with 'no jump pack' Assault marines, with 9 unique action poses and a Sergeant

• Kinstryfe likes this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,918 posts
  • Faction: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

I'm going to go with 'no jump pack' Assault marines, with 9 unique action poses and a Sergeant

Jump packs are the iconic characteristic of the Assault Squad - I have a hard time picturing a collector's set without them.

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

Do not suffer your zeal for the Chapter to lead you into argument with others.

CHXaGsb.png1cuUYGd.pnglM6PBhp.pngqYWJ4yS.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

I agree that scouts or assault are most likely. The different silhouettes play a big role in the marketing of this. With devs, you'll be getting another heavy bolter and missile launcher, plus what, 4 more heavies plus a sergeant? Aside from whether the gun is shoulder mounted or not, their silhouettes are going to be generally similar even if their poses are fairly different. At least with the assault marines the jump packs would allow for much more dynamic posing, so even if you do have two guys with the same weapons, both lifting off the ground in that classic assault marine style, the pose can still be very different.

What I'd like to see if this line continues would be a set of somewhat larger kits -- dreadnoughts, land speeders, attack bikes, maybe a sprue with 2 bikers? I'd certainly love some dynamically posed dreadnoughts, and all of those other kits are showing their years.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users