Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine Heroes Series 3: & Series 2 worldwide Sept/Oct?

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,362 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

But none of them have the BA icon molded on?

There's no molded-on Chapter iconography, no.

• Harrowmaster likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.png

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,779 posts
Only the captain has both shoulder pads separate. Brother Dyrael (new one with servo skull) and the standard bearer have one shoulder pad separate, one molded on. Everyone else has them molded on.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Got an email saying my wayland games order had shipped so might turn up tomorrow or the day after.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,250 posts
Might have to pick up a box. Or I could do them one by one
  • Captain Serious likes this

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts

My parcel with be delivered today so I might post pics.

edit: Just arrived, literally got the captain on my first open.

edit: and the second one lol. 

edit: cyclone is third, thew.

first duplicate is brother aramas with his hammer in the 6th box

final box is a duplicate of brother Dyrael so I got everyone but the ancient who I don't need.

They're pretty much in scale with the old guys.

gallery_85153_13565_766944.png

Center brother Dyrael, to his right Space Hulk terminator and 5th ed starter box terminator (Bt colours), to his left multipart regular terminator (except for the arms) and then blood angels assault terminator

Dyrael, new Chaos Terminator, Captain Donato, Captain Karlean, clampack Blood Angels Librarian.

Chaos terminator has the longest legs, Dyrael's leg plates are the same length as the 5th ed starter set guy he's just got a longer waist.

gallery_85153_13565_375185.png

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 04 September 2019 - 10:33 AM.

• Chaplain Dosjetka, N1SB and Tylydox like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,588 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I want a terminator with stormbolter and power fist... does anybody know the product code for that one?
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I want a terminator with stormbolter and power fist... does anybody know the product code for that one?

You mean the one with SB/PF and servoskull?

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 765 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

I bought my first one today, got the twin claws guy who might get used as a captain. They are really nice models, I do wish they were multipart though.

My (very slow) Horus Heresy blog (now with militia and IH): 

http://www.bolterand...eresy-projects/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts

Most of them you can easily hack the chest off to make them equivliant to the old multipart terminators.

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 765 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

Most of them you can easily hack the chest off to make them equivliant to the old multipart terminators.

It's less the chest I'm concerned about and more the arms, I don't have enough shoulder pads to do arm swaps if I choose to switch out weapons or anything. 

My (very slow) Horus Heresy blog (now with militia and IH): 

http://www.bolterand...eresy-projects/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 946 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard
Cut em at the elbow?

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_1349.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,588 posts

Yes that one thanks.
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 771 posts

That is good news! So giving them robes is in the cards? I'd cut up some of the torsos and put the bt Upgrade sprues on them and replace others with deathwing robed torsos.
But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 248 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Yes that one thanks.

My European version of Termie with servoskull has NG1 19211

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,588 posts
Thanks hopefully they will release here soon. :)
  • PeteySödes likes this
=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,292 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
Closet Skeleton, that's funny because that's exactly what I got in my sealed box. I really love these models. The lightning claw guy is super dynamic for termie armor and my second got a th&as and looks great. The cyclone is amazing, it's like a heavy variant on the armor. So looking forward to painting these up.
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts

Closet Skeleton, that's funny because that's exactly what I got in my sealed box. I really love these models. The lightning claw guy is super dynamic for termie armor and my second got a th&as and looks great. The cyclone is amazing, it's like a heavy variant on the armor. So looking forward to painting these up.

The Cyclone and Assault cannon guys have (2nd/6th ed) devastator legs.

The Thunder Hammer/Shield and Cyclone guys have a Mark V/VI-ish thing going on with their torsos which I guess makes sense with how the old plastic terminators kit had an unexplained mix of Mark VI and mark VII style knees but no major torso variants. Its also kind of reminiscent of 2nd ed Chaos terminators which is cool.

OrkPlayer137

OrkPlayer137

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts

Another thing is the feet - the assault terminators have reinforced armour on the toes.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,414 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion
Just got my hands on one of the Series 2 Terminators and they're even more beautiful in person! Massive, massive improvement over the existing sculpts.
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,292 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
Just in case this helps anyone, here's the box numbers from my pulls. It's from 30± pulls, and in each case every number was pulled from multiple cases with the exception of the Banner Bearer as I only pulled him once. Some were purchased between two stores, and the last 10 opened were 100% accurate match to what I had already pulled (except the new pull for the Banner). They were pulled in Michigan, USA, and as always different areas or production runs may change up the numbering. But still, it was consistent enough that it was worth posting in the event that someone sees the same spread of numbers in their shop. Note the oddity of the Cyclone Missile Launcher and Lightning Claws sharing one number between them, though that one number yielded 3 Lighting Claws and 5(!) Cyclones in total.

NG1 19143 Brother-Sergeant Victorno Thunderhammer and Stormshield 1:10
NG1 19144 Brother Phaello Stormbolter 3:20
NG1 19148 Brother Sanyctus Lightning Claws 1:10
NG1 19148 Brother Ebellius Cyclone Missile Launcher 1:10
NG1 19149 Brother-Captain Donato Combi-Melta 1:20
NG1 19151 Brother Feurran Assault Cannon 1:10
NG1 19154 Brother Feurran Assault Cannon 1:10
NG1 19170 Brother Dyrael Stormbolter and Servo-Skull 5:30
NG1 19171 Brother Aramus Thunderhammer and Stormshield 1:5
NG1 19172 Brother-Sergeant Victorno Thunderhammer and Stormshield 1:10
NG1 19175 Brother Phaello Stormbolter 3:20
NG1 19178 Brother Darrago Banner and Stormbolter 1:30
NG1 19179 Brother Aramus Thunderhammer and Stormshield 1:5

Edit NG1 19143 also found with Brother Phaello

Edited by Kinstryfe, 09 September 2019 - 09:29 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Master Commander Ajax, Chaplain Dosjetka and 5 others like this
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

So I went hunting for the release date of Series three since I have items I'd like to add to that order and CDJapan doesn't hold items for extended periods.

Other then the vague date of Sept '19 there isn't a confirmed release date. However Good Smile (parent of Max Factory) does have a detailed list of confirmed releases/dates.

That is here. As of the 11th they have their released planned to 09/24.

• Black Blow Fly, N1SB and DeadFingers like this

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

gallery_30308_9518_15054.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_778_14699_866.gifgallery_778_14699_887.gifgallery_778_14699_3712.gifgallery_778_14699_1861.jpggallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_11572_5587.pnggallery_30308_9518_8251.pnggallery_48988_15094_150.pnggallery_48988_15094_2623.pnggallery_48988_15094_6980.png

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,077 posts

Our Hong Kong store is about to have its anniversary in I think a week to 10 days' time, I bet they'll release these by that time.  And I'll share what I get with you guys.  In the meantime, just sharing what I got today:

+++ THE RANDOM DRAW PARADOX +++

Here's the apparent contradiction I realised thanks to you guys correcting me:

1. The Asian releases of these SM Heroes actually have a complete set in every full box, even though the random lucky draw thing was designed for Asian customers

2. It's the Rest-of-World releases that are truly random, really appreciate Brother Kinstrye's list of pulls above

When I found this out, I thought it was backwards.  Now at least I know why.

Japan has laws that require producers of these random draw things to guarantee there's at least 1 of every possible option, or something like that, to meet customer expectations and to have some control over gambling impulses.  It even applies to toys that you get in vending machines in Japan known as Gachapon.

There's probably a legacy reason for this, like it came up with some other toy manufacturer(s) so they passed a law to govern this, and it happened to apply to SM Heroes.  It's as if by-design the Japanese SM Heroes Series Two boxes have 6 blisters each and it just so happens there's exactly 6 different Terminator designs.

EDIT - to clarify my thinking on this, it's like both GW and their Japanese partner, Good Smile Company, did that to deliberately please both new Japanese players that are curious as well as already dedicated existing 40k players.  You just heard about this Warhammer and want to get something different on your model store visit, just pick up a random blister.  Or you're already totally into 40k in Asia, want to collect the whole set...well, if you buy a whole box BY JAPANESE LAW I have to give you exactly 1 of each, it just so happens that's how we packaged it, fancy that!  As a regional product manager, I cracked up when I realised that was the power play, it's them "gaming the system" not for themselves, but to meet different local customers' needs in a pretty crafty way.

+++ I STILL RANDOMLY DREW ONE TODAY JUST FOR FUN ANYWAY +++

Don't worry, our Warhammer Store Manager's a clever sort and always keeps a sealed SM Heroes box in the back for customers who want the full set, but we've had them for a year here and by now everyone who wanted it, has already bought it.  I just needed a single Terminator to test a paint scheme for a customer Chapter, and it happened I got the Lightning Claw chargine one:

gallery_57329_13636_1723544.jpg

So this is the one famously in a charging pose, one leg raised.  Just note the hole on the base, in typical SM Heroes fashion the foot is actually part of the base, and leg slots neatly into it.  This one's cool because it's lifting the other foot totally off the ground mid-run, very solidly built.  Also just to show the 2 Shoulder Pads, there are no Chapter-specific things anywhere.  Very good minis indeed.

Edited by N1SB, Yesterday, 04:07 AM.

• Master Commander Ajax, Pork Chop Express and RikuEru like this

gallery_57329_13636_19556.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users