Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine Heroes Series 3 teaser

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

gallery_57329_13636_2584.jpg

The series that initially debuts in Japan as an exclusive before worldwide release just teased a new Series 3 within the last hour. I just got word myself. Will try to find out more in the next few hours.

Series 1 was Tactical Marines.  Series 2 was Terminators.  They were excellent and in the case of the Terminators, they were cheaper than regular Terminators.  Really good to model and paint, and in the past I've said if there was a decent gameplay reason, I'd field entire squads of them (and some of my meta have).  If Series 3 are Primaris, I'm buying entire boxes and fielding an Indomitus Crusaders detachment or something.  If they're Assault Marines, I'd still get maybe 3 boxes to field as a Jump Pack HQ Detachment (like Slamguinius) or something.

Edited by N1SB, 10 February 2019 - 05:28 AM.

• Vanger, Master Commander Ajax, Robbienw and 2 others like this

gallery_57329_13636_22281.jpg

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Man, I was about to go to bed , guess I’ll give it an hour to see if this new teaser pops up.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 10 February 2019 - 05:55 AM.

• N1SB likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
Because I don't want to keep you up with a nothing burger, I'll just mention it got posted on the 500th Store's Facebook. It's in Hong Kong, but we get these Japanese exclusives here.

Because the Heroes Series start as these region specific exclusives, they might not do these big announcements like on Warhammer Community or Warhammer TV. So I will have to ask for information face-to-face.

I'm preparing to head straight to one of our local stores now for that reason. The answer might officially be "we have no information to share with you (like there is info but not for you) yet." Will let you know either way
  • Master Commander Ajax, Gederas, m0nolith and 1 other like this

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,183 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
Based on how awesome the series 1 I have are, there is almost literally no option for series 3 that I think wouldn't make me happy. Hopefully this means we'll see series 2 hit global release sooner rather than later.
  • N1SB likes this
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

Ok I got pointers on this, it is the Japanese partner/distributor that seems to be teasing this, not GW itselfEdit - it turned out it WAS GW...GW Japan, through its Twitter account, thanks to Brother Isinfier for setting us straight on this.  This really corresponds with the time when I got news myself through the 500th Store's manager.

Max Factory is its name. Japanese distributor of toys and collectibles. You see their name on the boxes of the Heroes series for that reason. They seem ready to promote this.

So for more info, I would maybe check out Max Factory's sites or news, etc.  Edit - or wait for more from GW Japan's Twitter, I didn't even know it existed.

Just a bit of background, it's no surprise the 500th Store manager mentioned this. The guy is a Living Legend. He is pro at a number of Hobbies, like Japanese Tamiya cars, well known even outside Warhammer. He regularly goes to Japan to win all sorts of tournaments and is a known figure. Thus, him getting early information from his Japanese sources makes total sense

Edited by N1SB, 10 February 2019 - 01:49 PM.

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 612 posts
Interesting, was hoping for a silhouette so we’d at least have an idea what we’d be install for.
  • N1SB likes this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,376 posts

I'm gonna go guess it'll be an assault marine series, based on absolutely nothing other than such series having yet to be done

• tordeck and N1SB like this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Old-Four-Arms

Old-Four-Arms

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts

@ N1SB : thanks for the heads-up and the legwork, much appreciated !

@ Reinhard : I'll see your guess and raise you one hope that they'll include some older armor marks.

Regards,

Old-Four-Arms

• N1SB likes this

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,185 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
By the scientific method of mostly random guess I'm going to say it's a scout squad, since we have both power armor and TSA now.
  • tordeck and N1SB like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,376 posts

Given how awful the scout kits are (as in aged poorly, ugly face sculpts etc), I wouldn't mind this at all.

• N1SB and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,656 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Hopefully it's Primaris!
  • Black Orange likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
If it's primaris, I'll get em too

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

My guess: Assault Marines or Devastators.

Or Orks in looted SM armour, trying to be all sneeky beeky.

Edited by m0nolith, 10 February 2019 - 09:34 AM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png   gallery_86352_14298_17387.jpg gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 556 posts
I didn’t really follow the last two. Do they have chapter symbols molded on?

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,649 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

I didn’t really follow the last two. Do they have chapter symbols molded on?

No they don't have any specific Chapter things on them :)
  • N1SB likes this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

Ya in both Series 1 and 2, models had no chapter specific markers. The plastic was just tinted blue and red respectively for Ultramarines and Blood Angels, but once you basecoat them, they can be any Chapter.

Sample - here's 1 I painted of Series 2 (they're so good!)  Thanks to Fraters on B&C, I actually used him as a Black Templar.  Series 2 was presented as Blood Angels.  There was no Blood Angels insignia or anything, I've included the bare sprue too:

gallery_57329_13636_76788.jpg

gallery_57329_13636_486350.jpg

Edited by N1SB, 10 February 2019 - 01:54 PM.

• Burni, Juggernut and GalaxyChief like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I imagine assault squad next maybe.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 625 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

Has series 2 had a worldwide release?

My (very slow) Alpha Legion blog for the Horus Heresy:

http://www.bolterand...y-alpha-legion/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts

Not yet. If they follow the same pattern as series 1, we should see the series 2 come out worldwide around September/October.
  • N1SB and Harrowmaster like this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I'm hoping the rest of series one is released worldwide as well, four of them were only in the labyrinth of the necrons box that was only released in the US and Germany.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

Not yet. If they follow the same pattern as series 1, we should see the series 2 come out worldwide around September/October.

Brother...you might have figured out when Series 3 will be released, assuming it follows a similar schedule/pattern of release.

Because they released Series 1 worldwide around the same time Series 2 premiered here.  So when Series 2 goes worldwide, we might get Series 3.

Obviously, I don't know, it's not like the Heroes Series have been around long enough, but I like your sleuthing and your logical flow.

• Robbienw likes this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Brother...you might have figured out when Series 3 will be released, assuming it follows a similar schedule/pattern of release.

Because they released Series 1 worldwide around the same time Series 2 premiered here.  So when Series 2 goes worldwide, we might get Series 3.

Obviously, I don't know, it's not like the Heroes Series have been around long enough, but I like your sleuthing and your logical flow.

If I remeber rightly both series 1 and 2 were previewed around the first quarter of the year.

And here’s hoping they’re not Primaris. Space Marine Heroes has been our only source of plastic ‘proper’ Marines for the last couple of years. Primaris Marines already get plenty of attention.
  • Marshal Loss, Pork Chop Express, N1SB and 2 others like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,314 posts

Primaris would be awesome, give me a different Gravis Captain pose!

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Nah, it shall be new scouts!

Proper poses and such!

• Master Commander Ajax and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,656 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Anything but Primaris would be very disappointing at this stage. I have no interest in the 12th Tac kit, 8th Terminator variant or new Scouts that look slightly more human.
  • Black Orange and Antaonix like this

-~Ishagu~-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users