Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine Heroes Series 3 teaser

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

OrkPlayer137

OrkPlayer137

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

Perhaps it might even be like Series 2, and a combination of some of these ideas instead of a complete squad consistent with the rules. E.g. a fast attack/assault theme including assault marines with jump packs, some without jump packs, a couple of Vanguard Veterans, and maybe a couple of bikes.

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
So series 3 was confirmed by the Warhammer community site today as part of the New York toy show. Werent the previous Space Marine Heroes sets announced at a Tokyo toy show?

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,932 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

So series 3 was confirmed by the Warhammer community site today as part of the New York toy show. Werent the previous Space Marine Heroes sets announced at a Tokyo toy show?

I expect the actual reveal of the models will be in Japan, and this is probably more of a footnote to the announcement of Series 2 going worldwide.

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

Warden Watkins

Warden Watkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
I actually think it's quote likely the new series could be Primaris. Hoping for scouts personally. I own both series 1 and 2 (live in Asia) and I'm really excited about the next batch.

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,884 posts
Dynamically posed Old Marine scouts or an assault squad would make my day.
  • Triszin, Master Commander Ajax, Chaplain Dosjetka and 1 other like this

+++The Host of Anguish+++

gallery_25301_10678_6786.jpg

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+ 

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Dynamically posed Old Marine scouts or an assault squad would make my day.

A nice twelve man squad like series 1 so we can get two units worth with all the options.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Dunno why... But on japans side of GW thereĀ“s bundle of series 2, captain itself to buy and then the paint set with termie banner.

Spooky

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,307 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion
I'm hoping for the Dark Horse option: Chaos Space Marines.
  • tordeck likes this

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,617 posts

I'm hoping for the Dark Horse option: Chaos Space Marines.

Space Marine (Anti) Heroes: Series 3(1)

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 897 posts

Series 3 should just be about Primaris Lieutenants we all know how well they generate hype

• Burni, N1SB and Subtleknife like this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

Just a very quick update here, Brothers.

1st, just reconstructing the timeline for Space Marine Heroes releases in the past...which I think they're accelerating now.  The previous Space Marine Heroes Series were shown for the 1st time during the Tokyo Toy Shows of their respective years, which happens in the summer.  This year it's mid-June.  When I personally got them here in Hong Kong, which might've been later in Japan, it was always around autumn, like when the 500th Store opened here and one of the reasons to go was Space Marine Heroes Series 2 around early October.

But I do feel when they're announcing now on Warhammer Community, usually they only preview things a month or so in advance.  And I don't know if you feel this, but aside from something like the last 2 40k Codices, everything seems to be pushed up in terms of schedule.  Like I initially expected Kill Team: Rogue Trader to come out around Nov/Dec for the Christmas holidays, but that came out like in September, and instead we got another big 40k thing in the form of Blackstone Fortress for Christmas.  It's like GW's accelerating stuff, to stuff more products in the calendar.

2nd, I'm hearing this 2nd hand, but apparently some Japanese hobby magazine (covering their own hobbies like Gundam and stuff) were doing a contest on Space Marine Heroes.  Like you would submit a pic from either Series 1 or Series 2 and they'll publish them in an upcoming issue.  I don't know if this is GW promoting them outside their normal marketing engine (which is all pretty much in-house, through White Dwarf, WhC, WhTV, etc.)  If anything, it's more likely their Japanese distribution partner, Max Factory, is just doing some marketing activity.

I just learned this as apparently there was some sort of idea floating around here in Hong Kong where we would do some sort of group submission, and I'm ready to do some more detailing on my spedpainted Thunderhammer Termie for this, but I've been told to stand down for now (some sort of logistical issue or we're not eligible for it).

Series 3 should just be about Primaris Lieutenants we all know how well they generate hype

That's hilarious, Brother, like all the Primaris Lieutenants we've been waiting for got shipped to Japan accidentally and they're awaiting transport home.

gallery_57329_13636_22281.jpg

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Going to agree with an earlier stated post - Primaris should stick to mainline release, Space Marine heroes should be "old" marines, re-envisioned in new sculpts/proportions. As much as I'd like them to hit us with a surprise and suddenly do Chaos Marines, I don't see that happening with a name like Space Marine Heroes. Thus I'd imagine the next iconic look at the marines would have to be either scouts, devastators, or assault marines (with jump packs). 

I feel Scouts need the love more, so fingers crossed.  My wonder now lies on which chapter will be seen on the box art. The "Big four" for loyalists are Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Wolves, so that leaves either green or slightly greyish plastic. Unless wild card, Raven Guard binches. 

J25oay8.jpg

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
If they could make scout sculpts that don't suck. That would be awesome

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

In my initial post, I mentioned Primaris as a possibility.  I was hanging out at my local Warhammer Store and I am seriously questioning that now for 1 reason:

If they released a Primaris Heroes Series, who'd bother buying the Dark Imperium/Know No Fear or all the other Primaris + Another Faction sets?

I was staring at a shelf of those, then those half-shelves for the other starter boxes of Primaris + Something Else.  I'm usually the guy that downplays the problems of cannibalisation, since you're still selling something rather than nothing, but in this case it's too direct.  I also never mentioned it before but I agree better Scouts would be totally ace as well.

Edited by N1SB, Yesterday, 02:15 PM.

• zarkkarn, m0nolith and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

gallery_57329_13636_22281.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users