Necromunda Astra Militarum project log

HorrOwl

I'm going to start by expressing my enthusiasm for the skyshield pad scheme :P

But yeah, ever since the old fluff around the Van Saars providing iirc manpower, but i presume these days more like equipment for Necromunda's Guard regiments, there's been some cool concepts available in this area. 

There's some very cool Storm Trooper conversions from Van Saars floating around the place, as well; and browsing pinterest, some rather nifty beret headed and extra stowage'd very strongly 'Guard' vibes V.S. , in khaki, olive drab, etc. schemes.

could be some further potential around sentinel etc. counts-as using some of those ambulatory spider-walker exo-skeleton conversions some are building. 

2 Bjorn Firewalker & Lord Raven 19:

Thanks!:smile.:

2 Ryltar Thamior:

But yeah, ever since the old fluff around the Van Saars providing iirc manpower, but i presume these days more like equipment for Necromunda's Guard regiments, there's been some cool concepts available in this area.

Necromunda has a lot of "surplus" people so I think Van Saar pay Imperial Tithe with Astra Militarum Regiments too

There's some very cool Storm Trooper conversions from Van Saars floating around the place, as well; and browsing pinterest, some rather nifty beret headed and extra stowage'd very strongly 'Guard' vibes V.S. , in khaki, olive drab, etc. schemes.

I quite like Van Saar kit so I will try to keep conversions at minimum:a few pouches here, an extra grenade there, a chainsword for the sergeant etc

ould be some further potential around sentinel etc. counts-as using some of those ambulatory spider-walker exo-skeleton conversions some are building.

First of all I need to make a "Core" army - several infantry squads, a couple of tanks, a Superheavy and supporting staff (enginseer, astropath, psykers)
Then, as I hope, GW will release some servorigs and other van saar stuff.:smile.:

A WiP photo, just to show that the process is underway

gallery_5471_16329_38653.jpg

Edited by HorrOwl

• 3 weeks later...
The first batch is done. :-)

gallery_5471_16329_1247346.jpg

and from behind

gallery_5471_16329_1224858.jpg

They are almost identical because I do them "by pose". This batch is made of "Rutgeers"/.

Also the paint scheme of a head... um.. tentacle has been changed. I didn't like metal & purple on a test subjects and made it more bright and acidic.

14 are done, 50 more to go!

Edited by HorrOwl

• 10 months later...

With psychic awakening on a rise - more and more van saars are being concripted

And here are another 5:

gallery_5471_16329_524795.jpg

It is 19 now and almost a 1/3 of a planned number - 64(6 inf squads, 2 platoon and 2 compant commanders) .

Also I got a small present from a friend - an ogryn bodyguard
gallery_5471_16329_187256.jpg

gallery_5471_16329_355246.jpg

gallery_5471_16329_346976.jpg

:smile.:

Edited by HorrOwl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...