Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Astra Militarum project log

Astra Militarum Van Saar Necromunda: Underhive game

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

With this Van Saar girls I begin a new army project: Van Saar Astra Militarum smile.png

gallery_5471_16329_235007.jpg

gallery_5471_16329_378036.jpg

gallery_5471_16329_24290.jpg

They are purely color scheme test subjects and don't have game role. 

More miniatures will be coming in time. smile.png

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 07:47 AM.

• firestorm40k, Triszin, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,927 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job!
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts
Nice work.

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 812 posts

I'm going to start by expressing my enthusiasm for the skyshield pad scheme :P

But yeah, ever since the old fluff around the Van Saars providing iirc manpower, but i presume these days more like equipment for Necromunda's Guard regiments, there's been some cool concepts available in this area. 

There's some very cool Storm Trooper conversions from Van Saars floating around the place, as well; and browsing pinterest, some rather nifty beret headed and extra stowage'd very strongly 'Guard' vibes V.S. , in khaki, olive drab, etc. schemes.

could be some further potential around sentinel etc. counts-as using some of those ambulatory spider-walker exo-skeleton conversions some are building. 

Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

2 Bjorn Firewalker & Lord Raven 19:

Thanks!smile.png

2 Ryltar Thamior:

But yeah, ever since the old fluff around the Van Saars providing iirc manpower, but i presume these days more like equipment for Necromunda's Guard regiments, there's been some cool concepts available in this area.

Necromunda has a lot of "surplus" people so I think Van Saar pay Imperial Tithe with Astra Militarum Regiments too

There's some very cool Storm Trooper conversions from Van Saars floating around the place, as well; and browsing pinterest, some rather nifty beret headed and extra stowage'd very strongly 'Guard' vibes V.S. , in khaki, olive drab, etc. schemes.

I quite like Van Saar kit so I will try to keep conversions at minimum:a few pouches here, an extra grenade there, a chainsword for the sergeant etc

ould be some further potential around sentinel etc. counts-as using some of those ambulatory spider-walker exo-skeleton conversions some are building.

First of all I need to make a "Core" army - several infantry squads, a couple of tanks, a Superheavy and supporting staff (enginseer, astropath, psykers)
Then, as I hope, GW will release some servorigs and other van saar stuff.smile.png

A WiP photo, just to show that the process is underway

gallery_5471_16329_38653.jpg

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 07:49 AM.

• Ryltar Thamior likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,893 posts

Awesome!

the Vansaars are such good models

banana

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
The first batch is done. :-)

gallery_5471_16329_1247346.jpg

and from behind

gallery_5471_16329_1224858.jpg

They are almost identical because I do them "by pose". This batch is made of "Rutgeers"/.
Also the paint scheme of a head... um.. tentacle has been changed. I didn't like metal & purple on a test subjects and made it more bright and acidic.

14 are done, 50 more to go!

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 07:52 AM.

• firestorm40k, Trokair, Azekai and 4 others like this

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 812 posts

very, very cool - I like the hint of the old-school 'classic' Van Saar scheme in there. Also, the camo-green/olive-not-quite-drab is doing rather well for militaristicness

Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,927 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

With psychic awakening on a rise - more and more van saars are being concripted

And here are another 5:

gallery_5471_16329_524795.jpg

It is 19 now and almost a 1/3 of a planned number - 64(6 inf squads, 2 platoon and 2 compant commanders) .

Also I got a small present from a friend  - an ogryn bodyguard
gallery_5471_16329_187256.jpg

gallery_5471_16329_355246.jpg

gallery_5471_16329_346976.jpg

smile.png

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 07:59 AM.

• Doghouse, PeteySödes, Triszin and 5 others like this

Markus_

Markus_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts

"Lubricant"? For what exactly!? biggrin.png
The Van Saar look fantastic so far. Their design will provide a unique army for sure.

• HorrOwl likes this

Heresy era Death Guard and other 30k shenanigans

http://www.bolterand...tarions-finest/

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
"Lubricant"? For what exactly!?

I asked the same and have been told that "There are questions better left unanswered". smile.png 

"The Van Saar look fantastic so far. Their design will provide a unique army for sure."

Thanks!

Edited by HorrOwl, 09 February 2020 - 12:40 PM.

• Gorgoff, noigrim and Markus_ like this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts
That ogryn is wonderful and disturbing on several levels :D

Edited by PeteySödes, 09 February 2020 - 03:55 PM.

• HorrOwl, Gorgoff and ranulf the revenant like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Excellent painting, the Van Saar girls turned out amazing!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 812 posts

Great going with the ogryn; the use of the knight faceplate for a gutplate is a nice touch.

I am not sure if the lubricant is likewise :P but it certainly got an audible laugh when I saw it written there. Well done. 

The back tattoo's a good call as well. 

Vox Stellarum efforts:

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

Unfortunantly, the Ogryn is not of my work  - it was a gift to me. smile.png

Edited by HorrOwl, 10 February 2020 - 10:04 AM.

• Ryltar Thamior likes this

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

Just a small update. 
Another 5 done , 40 more to go

a gulp of fresh air

gallery_5471_16329_399626.jpg

in a more usual enviroment

gallery_5471_16329_905059.jpg

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 08:03 AM.

• Trokair and ranulf the revenant like this

Custom Hero

Custom Hero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 556 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Lydda

These guys are pretty cool. It's nice to see a unique take on an existing army pattern. The Ogryn is particularly inspired too. Very nice execution of your idea here!

• HorrOwl likes this

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 339 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Great looking army but the stand-out detail for me is the knight face as a gut plate on the ogryn. Just perfect

• HorrOwl likes this

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Saga of the Lost - Feral Space Wolves Army                                                   All Hail The New Flesh! - Dark Mechanicus Commission Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects                            A Murder of Crows - Shamanic Phobos Kill-team

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army - FINISHED

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

So I have returned home, got 2 weeks of quarantine and so it is time for a painting maraphon

Here are the first victims subjects:

gallery_5471_16329_158096.jpg

There are 29 painted troopers so far - almost a half of an army 

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 08:05 AM.

• Doghouse and Trokair like this

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

Another 5 troopers (now with the sergeant)

gallery_5471_16329_206066.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photo - it will be redone when I will get out. smile.png

Edited by HorrOwl, 05 May 2020 - 08:06 AM.

• Trokair, Varyn and ranulf the revenant like this

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 760 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Good stuff!! 

• HorrOwl likes this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

My Works in Progress

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 764 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

The pictures don't seem to work... Is it just me?

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

HorrOwl

HorrOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

2 ranulf the revenant

The pictures don't seem to work... Is it just me?

All of them or later ones?

Sandalphon

Sandalphon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
They look great! And that Ogryn is really cool,, colour scheme works a treat but for some reason all I can see are TMNT lol
  • HorrOwl likes this
Dust falls through my hands, Dreams shatter away
Burning glow turns to ash, Thrown to wind

Kaeloth@CMON

gallery_94427_16628_12663.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Van Saar, Necromunda: Underhive game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users