Necromunda Astra Militarum project log

HorrOwl

2 Ryltar Thamior:

Yes, as well as half of free arms on running models.
Van Saar kit has only one hand with an open arm on the sprue but at least 2 are  needed. 
So you have to cut staff arms from the hands and glue chainsword or free arms (I use Astra Militarum vehicle commanders bits because don\t use them anyway) on  stump. 
Edited by HorrOwl

I missed the ‘standing on something’ pose. You made it work! My focus was more drawn on the upper body and their poses and directions they were looking at.

And 54 with 10 to go!? That’s an awesome haul of Van Saar goodness!

And another batch.

gallery_5471_16329_377318.jpg

So, only 5 remains to be done. :)

2 Ryltar Thamior:

Nice going with the astropathic choir - I'd had a similar thought around the blindfolded flagellant head but hadn't gotten around to actually doing it ;

Thanks!

First I wanted to do them with a Delaque weapons, but they are grossly oversized

2 Hushrong:

I missed the ‘standing on something’ pose. You made it work! My focus was more drawn on the upper body and their poses and directions they were looking at.

Van Saar models are all monopose - 4 poses per box(I don't use woman miniature in this army) and one of four of those poses is standing on a box with grenades.
I thought that about quarter of and army standing on a boxes is a bit too much - skulls and helmets will be less monotone.

• 3 weeks later...

And a final batch:

gallery_5471_16329_437455.jpg

There is a trooper with a lasgun that I forgot to paint in a one of the first parties, 2 platoon commanders(bald in masks) and 2 company commanders(redhead and whitehead).

I think it is quite obvious who is the Warlord here... :biggrin.:

gallery_5471_16329_197942.jpg

And all together!

gallery_5471_16329_1149617.jpg

Edited by HorrOwl