Decent Lord loadout

Lord Kallozar

Depends on what you are plnning with him. For just rerolls i use combibolter and maybe a power sword for some cc assistance.

He's talking power points. No reason to keep him cheap.

If you're deadset on the exoskeleton, then my vote is on a combi-melta and a power fist. Otherwise, consider giving him the Mark of Khorne to take the Axe of Blind Fury, or simply the Black Mace. A jump pack for improved mobility will cost you an additional power point but can really make a difference for getting him into cover or charge distance, so I'd take one too.

Chainswords are a waste of potential imo. Your other units can do anti-chaff good enough already, but you need your Lord for the heavy lifting. Since Thunderhammers aren't available for chaos give him a Fist or a potent relic weapon.

Relic weapon on lords, always. Power fists aren't worth it in general, why give yourself -1 to hit when 4 S8 d3 attacks aren't exactly worth endangering a lord against anything that needs S8.

Black Mace is great, murder sword is useful. Axe of Blind Fury is alright but less good and even the Pus Cleaver has some things going for it. Then the claws of the black hunt and the cursed crozius are great if available and the blade of the hydra isn't exactly bad.

Relic weapon on lords, always. Power fists aren't worth it in general, why give yourself -1 to hit when 4 S8 d3 attacks aren't exactly worth endangering a lord against anything that needs S8.

Black Mace is great, murder sword is useful. Axe of Blind Fury is alright but less good and even the Pus Cleaver has some things going for it. Then the claws of the black hunt and the cursed crozius are great if available and the blade of the hydra isn't exactly bad.

That's why I said or a relic weapon. OP already mentioned one relic so I didn't put a relic weapon as first choice there and among all the other weapons available to the Lord without taking something like the Elixir the Fist is simply the best option as sad as it is.

In the couple games I've played with my Death Guard since finishing them, I've actually had great luck with a termi lord with a chainfist.  Part of that luck is having deathshroud around to absorb shots, I'm sure.  That said, when he gets into melee, he's chewed through other TEQ's, a couple dreads, mini-knights, and normal troops pretty effectively a couple times now.

I designed the army completely around "being fluffy and fun models", not competitive-focused, but he's been a blast to use.  Especially with the trait of nearby mortal wounds generation combined with the helm that increases the area effect of said trait by 3".

On the note of that, the random mortal wounds being slung around at everyone within 6" on a 4+ has sniped a librarian, termis, etc... a couple times now.  S'fun.

Dual lightning claws + flames of spite makes for a nice loadout. The rerolls to wound makes the mortals much more likely to go off vs higher toughness targets.

That sounds very fun! I gotta try that at some point. Maybe if I pick up Haarken at some point, that would be a way to run him.

Jump Pack Lord + Flesh Metal + Combi-melta + Power Fist (or Lightning Claw) would be my choice. Mobile enough to make good use of the morale immunity bubble and can jump over intervening terrain and models in the movement phase to go where he's needed most. 2+/4++ auto-healing 1 wound per turn is pretty nice as well. Fist to take on vehicles or multi-wound infantry, claw to take on single-wound stuff. Negligible difference in price. Combi-melta could be swapped out for plasma, since it's better in general AND cheaper. I just think melta is more badass.

Archived