Warhammer Community survey 15th April

Sete

Hello again. Taking my original idea and expanding on it to cover all of our wishes (thanks Idaho and Monolith) there is no reason that we should as community just ask for one thing.

Starting with my original request for 40k:

Black Templar Codex.

Expanding on this, it does not need to be a full release mirroring Sisters of Battle.

Despite my hard headed nature, I think my brothers in black will agree with me that an Index or a supplement that expands on our non codex compliant and independent nature rulewise is enough for us. If anything Model wise we just need a updated sword Brethren squad. That would be enough to make marshal's, Castellans and sword brothers.

Another thing that could be mentioned for 40k

A Iron Hands special caracther.

Astra Militarum: New and updated regiments.

Renegades and Heretics. I know it's a fan favourite among you heretics ;)

For HH I read about plastic MK2 and it's something I can also get behind.

If you guys have any requests make sure you post them here so I can compile.

Like monolith said we can mention more than one thing, and like Helbrecth was chastized by Guilliman and his broader vison, I too was ashamed for not thinking on all of us.

Sorry for being selfish and having a narrow view on this topic. Let's push for several things as a community, and I will make sure to spread the word to other social media about our desires.

In no particular order of Importance:

Imperium:

Space Marines- Black Templar index/ Supplement to highlight their non codex compliant nature.

Iron Hands Independent Caracther.

Chapter specific elite units/ Upgrades sprues! (How could I forget this)

Astra Militarum- Updated Infantry Range Catachans, Cadians, Steel Legion, Vostroyans,

Sisters of Silence /Index Supplement

Squats release.

Chaos:

Renegades and Heretics release.

Dark Mechanicum release.

Independent Carachter for the 4 undivided legions

Index astartes/supplements for 4 undivided legions.

Xenos- Kroot Mercenary Codex

Tau more auxiliary races

Eldar updated resin range

Dark eldar updated resin range, Vect miniature.

Nids updated resin range.

Necrons updated resin range

Orks scar boyzs

New races:

Hrud

Horus Heresy- Starter Set with MK2 armour.

Edited by Sete

I honestly don't care about more Space Marine Codexes on the loyalist side. Like at all. Black Templars are cool but I'm not invested in them enough to actually care.

My vote will be going towards a potential Kroot Codex and of course Emperor's Children (though I assume that one is already decided on anyway ^^).

When you say new and updated regiments for guard, do you mean model; lore or rules wise?

Honestly I think they need models. Catachan show their age, Cadians hold up but they need a a refresh and the rest of the infantry is metal.

Fair play to you sfpanzer, I agree that EC is coming, but we can add a kroot mercenary codex on the xenos Tab. ;)

No more Space Marine codexes clogging up the already saturated line.

Lost and Damned/Renegades and Heretics.

Dark Mechanicum/Chaos Knights.

More Xenos in general.

Plastic MKII.

New Horus Heresy starter set (without a whiff of hypocrisy).

Edited by Lord Marshal

More Xenos in general.

Plastic MKII.

Can I convince you for an White Dwarf Index astartes article for BT Marshall?

Ill add Dark mechanicum and chaos Knights on the list.

Edited by Sete

I'd like the Talons of the Emperor book sped up. I know Custodes got their beta rules now, but I really want to be able to field a viable Sisters of Silence force. They're such an interesting group in the Imperium and the current models for them are great but just so very limited. Edited by sairence

Guard desperately need new models alright, cadians are okay but could do with an update and they're not varied enough. Another slew of marine codexes I'm not sure about, I know marines need something to rebalance them but more codexes would feel to me like over saturation.

More Xenos in general.

Plastic MKII.

Can I convince you for an White Dwarf Index astartes article for BT Marshall?

Ill add Dark mechanicum and chaos Knights on the list.

I'll concede you that much, although that seems more of a "When?" and not "If?"

I can't really say that "Anyone who's had things in the past that were then taken away should be prioritized" without it being really self serving... but I do feel that "squatting" is a really bad practise in general.

The new GW that realized that adding things missing models since forever (mechanicus, custodes) which was a great hit, and reintroducing things that have been in neglected limbo since forever (GSC, the approaching Sisters), under great hype at that, should be encouraged to also undo previous mistakes of removing things. This includes the squatting of the Templar codex (though I'd settle for a index supplment, even one as humble as the renegade knight freebie...) and of course this would also include the progenitor of the term "squatting" itself. I'm confident that the current GW is capable of creating an awesome and matured squat range, and naturally I encourage them to do so.

I also want new things though. Primaris Emperor's Champion when, GW

Edited by Reinhard

I think a lot of forces need updates kits. I play guard and the basic infantry are showing their age. But many forces (looking at you eldar) have a good proportion of their elites in failcast.

Also I second white dwarf rules for Templars and things like sisters of silence and inquisition (I know assassins are getting theirs in March white dwarf).

I’d second the request for updated Inquisition rules. When 8th came out, the ability to mix Imperium units willy-nilly into detachments seemed designed for Inquisition players. Subsequently we’ve suffered from the Battle Brothers rule, which was obviously intended to control some of the more abusive examples of soup. We’ve been left with many of our traditional units scattered across several different keywords. Rules that let us build “Inquisition” detachments that include the assorted Militarum Tempestus, Adeptus Ministorum, Mechanicus, Astra Telepathica etc units and Transports that have been part of our Codex historically, and preferably also allow us to incorporate selected “Chamber Militant” and Talons units, would be very welcome.

P.S. Although the Big Community Survey announcement is certainly news, would this thread be better in Amicus Aedes?

Edited by Plasmablasts

Some other stuffs mostly related to Chaos:

- Named Characters for Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Wordbearers;

- specific IA articles for those same Legions plus Black Legion;

- specific Codexes for World Eaters and Emperor's Children with a revamp a la Death Guard;

- Squats;

- New Codex for non-cults Legions.

Celtic_cauldron

See, I would much rather they refocus marines into a single main codex and provide either mini supplements or a separate book with divergent rules.

I love marines, I hate the fact that similar units across books end up getting out of sync, and I feel like it isnt really necessary for there to be even more marine codexes

My 5 cents :

Adding another vote for plastic MkII. 

Updated Guard infantry shouldn't be too hard (GW just needs to dechaosify the Blackstone Fortress models).

On the Xenos side, plastic Eldar Storm Guardians & Rangers would be nice (they could bring out a Killteam

box with a single sprue of each, before making available individual boxed kits with 2 sprues).

Regards,

Old-Four-Arms

I really think the eldar range needs an overhaul. A good portion if its kits, even the plastic ones, are getting up there in age, so I woukd like to see:

Update Wraithlord kit, with added parts to make an Wraithlord Noble, as mentioned in the Ynnari books. A new unit, with some cool buffs for wraith units.

Udated guardian kit. With parts to make storm guardian in the box, and maybe even a unit leader with weapon options.

An updated falcon/waveserpent kit. It is getting old and the moulds are not that sharp anymore. Good chance to make a better looking wave serpent.

A completely new range of Aspect warriors. 5 regulars and one exarch pr box, can be 5, with upgrade bits to make a Exarch too. Maybe even a unique Ynnari aspect?

New phoenix lords

A new, properly big, Avatar. Double box with the Warshard, the very first Avatar, from the Ynnari books.

See, I would much rather they refocus marines into a single main codex and provide either mini supplements or a separate book with divergent rules.

I love marines, I hate the fact that similar units across books end up getting out of sync, and I feel like it isnt really necessary for there to be even more marine codexes

If they could actually do everyone justice if we were put into one codex, I'd be all for it. But I don't think it's just us Templar who dislike being under the UM shadow. We're just the loudest and most obnoxious about it because we used to have it better.

But this is starting to derail the thread.

Back on track, I'd like more rogue traders, i feel this is still an untapped source.

I don't feel like Black Templars need a codex; a more comprehensive chapter tactic and a chunky Index Astartes article would probably be more appropriate. In a similar vein, the same can be said of the rest of the First Founding chapters that haven't received any love. 

As always, I'll lend my voice to plastic Mark II; more modelling options are always appreciated (especially now that resin Mark II is gone). Additionally, plastic updates for the Aeldari and Drukhari would also be strongly appreciated as the have far too many units that haven't made the jump from metal/resin as of 2019.