Warhammer Community survey 15th April

Sete

Can I list three?

New guard infantry. I feel like one good kit would remove the need for separate command/heavy/infantry and a greatcoat kit could have two sets of heads to do say valhallans and victrix guard. Say a box of twelve guys so if you buy three boxes you have thirty guys, a command squad and a commissar.

Hrud! Time warping space skaven

A few filler plastics for finecast e.g. necron flayed ones

I actually believe Black Templars getting their own focus is crucial right now. We're losing the gothic nature of the game and it's disconcerting. Templars keep the slightly crazed and zealous religious nature of the game.

I think the game has more beautifully gothic elements than ever before, like all the new terrain kits (which they should expand upon, with some bastions or more military use oriented buildings in a similiar style) and the upcoming new Sisters of Battle.

It's not all doom and gloom, in regards to all the 40 doom and gloom going away, no matter how much some want to beat that dead horse.

And the Black Templar Fans have digital fistfigths, by now almost on a weekly basis, on the question of IF and in what regard they are religious or not...

BT have their own section (and all that this entails) in the Codex, 3 characters, a special unit and a Vigilus Detachment.

Other First (!) and Second Founding chapters have less.

Salamanders, Iron Hands and White Scars could get some spotlight and expansion - that way Marine Armies could get a bit more diverse.

What I would want:

- Expansion/Rejuvenation of 'older' Model lines (As many others have voiced already, for the Guard, Eldar, etc.)

- (more) New Terrain Kits, with the grade of detail the new Kits have (Personally I would want stuff like the old DA Fortress, Strongholds and Emplacements used by Marines)

- More and New Upgrade Kits, not only for Marines, to make converting easier (especially for beginners) and give us more bits

- Plastic MK2

- Plastic Leviathan Dreadnought (Yes... I went there.)

- something entirely new army wise (or old "new" like GSC) to expand our view on the universe in turn

- Dark Mechanicum, as a upside down reflection of the AdMech

- PRIMARCH! (Anyone. Of course Leman Russ would be cool, personally, but all of those that make sense, for either side would be awesome to see)

- Now that I read it, yes, give us Alpha Legion in 40k, that can play on both sides (or neither), combining elements of both sides - with their own little twist and legion specific units

I'm with the feedback here and the (a bit more harsh) feedback on Reddit I can safely assume that Renegades and Heretics is a favourite.

Astra Militarum Range update is popular aswell along with xenos updates.

Edited by Sete

Ultramarines codex....That is all i want.

While the Ultramarine representation is roughly 50% of the codex I don't think GW would invest the resources to change the poster boy chapter to standalone.

Another chapter would have to be chosen to be the "vannila" and honestly so far it has been working well for the Ultramarines.

Seriously, Black Templars players are in real danger of becoming the new HH Wolves player-complainers around here. It's not all about you - there are plenty of things that actually need and deserve expanding in the Space Marine line, we have Index Astartes to give us things for Second Foundings and beyond.

It hasn't gotten quite that bad yet but it is certainly heading that way. We haven't started poking fun at them yet. :biggrin.: (Aside from the fabricated Primaris Sword Brothers rumour for Vigilus).

I don't feel like Black Templars need a codex; a more comprehensive chapter tactic and a chunky Index Astartes article would probably be more appropriate. In a similar vein, the same can be said of the rest of the First Founding chapters that haven't received any love. 

As always, I'll lend my voice to plastic Mark II; more modelling options are always appreciated (especially now that resin Mark II is gone). Additionally, plastic updates for the Aeldari and Drukhari would also be strongly appreciated as the have far too many units that haven't made the jump from metal/resin as of 2019.

Whilst this may be a predominantly Imperial/Chaos forum it'd be nice if we gave some love to the Xenos for a change. They actually need it.

Ultramarines codex....That is all i want.

How many accounts does Ishagu have!?
Edited by Isinfier

I want all loyalist marines to be rolled into one codex. I say this as a Dark Angels player. I understand that they're the headliners, the iconic faction of the setting, but they also make up such a small amount of the fighting forces of the 41st millennium that they're nearly statistically insignificant, yet they have the biggest model line, most books, and most named character models of anyone.

Anyways. More guard and xenos would be nice, and I think there's room for the discovery of an advanced nonimperial/nonchaos human faction out there too.

I want all loyalist marines to be rolled into one codex. I say this as a Dark Angels player. I understand that they're the headliners, the iconic faction of the setting, but they also make up such a small amount of the fighting forces of the 41st millennium that they're nearly statistically insignificant, yet they have the biggest model line, most books, and most named character models of anyone.

Anyways. More guard and xenos would be nice, and I think there's room for the discovery of an advanced nonimperial/nonchaos human faction out there too.

Having just one Codex for Space Marines would be pretty ideal, just have it split into Codex Chapters (IE the current Codex Adeptus Astartes), Divergent Chapters (BA/DA) and Unique organisation (SW/BT?).

Imperium:

Codex Space Marines Chapter specific elite units/ Upgrades sprues

Astra Militarum- Updated Infantry Range

Chaos:

Renegades and Heretics release.

Dark Mechanicum release.

Undivided Legions specific elite units/Upgrade sprue

Xenos- Kroot Mercenary Codex

Eldar updated resin range to plastic

New races:

Hrud

Horus Heresy- Starter Set with MK2 armour.

So I have cut some stuff down to releases that would make more sense going forward.

As you can see I also cut my BT suggestion so I am not acused of nepotism.

Of course on my personal feedback I shall add a note about BT Index/Supplement, and if you feel like it I would thank you for doing it as well. (Or add something that personally you would like to see)

Tell me what you guys think about the list.

A small and concise list adressing the main requests including a new race should provide feedback enough on what the community wants.

Edited by Sete

If you go down that route for Space Marines/Chaos Space Marines then you're looking at an incredibly chunky codex, which would probably be more expensive as a result.

The loyalist Space Marine codex is £30 whilst the rest are £25, so there's already a precedent for this.

I think a MK II box set is what we are most likely to get from what I've seen posted here. I was hoping for a modern resculpt of the original Rogue Trader box for their 30th anniversary a couple of years ago, but would settle for a MK VI plastic box set to follow on from the MK II.

Hrud would be nice (as would any new/updated xenos) but I think Squats are most likely to return via the HH setting, similar to Battlefleet Gothic is said to be happening.

My most likely controversial opinions on what is needed, in no particular order...

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think splitting Codex:SM into two or three is needed soon. One for more traditional chapters like the Ultras, and one for perhaps more aggressive chapters. Maybe one for shooty chapters and one for the Sons of Dorn, Raven Guard, White Scars, or something like that. Double money from a lot of Marine players and better rules for everyone. Win/win

Renegades and Heretics, even if it's a small Codex just to allow the classic options to be used with Chaos armies. Any Templar argument you get applies here too, and then some.

Imperial Guard, here's a double edged sword. I think the kits are showing their age enough that we could use new ones but, for copyright reasons, there's almost no chance these would be an existing regiment since they're all based on historical analogues. Downside is people will complain, upside is one kit could be made for loyal and traitor guard in mind. Not sure it's worth it for GW though given the internet outrage that would likely occur.

Craftworld Eldar model updates. I don't even play or want to play them, but poor models have been around forever. Arguably the most in need of an update.

I wouldn't say that splitting up C:SM is "win/win" since that's extra books in the development cycle being taken up by more marine books, which I would never wish for.

As far as guard, they can give the regiments the necromunda treatment. None of the gangs were terribly unique before but the changed them enough in the revamp that they're definitely copywritable now. They just have to pick a couple elements to preserve and then go wild.

EDIT: Weekends instead of elements? Go home autocorrect you're drunk.

Edited by CardinalVirtue