Warhammer Community survey 15th April

Sete

The only fiascos I know about BT codex is the fact that they stayed a long time without an update after 4th edition, and then were rolled in 6th with the lore altered.

Obviously people would be a bit upset. But after a decade I think people will be happy with whatever attention they get. Last proper campaign we were in was gathering storm, and we were heavily involved and got no miniatures and underwhelming formations :/

As opposed to Imperial Guard receiving nothing in Fall of Cadia.

My heart doesn't exactly bleed for Black Templars because people like to act as if they haven't received access to literally every new Space Marine release that isn't Librarians. Maybe they're not the units you'd like to see, but Black Templars have got them all the same. GW didn't stamp a big "Space Marines... except Black Templars" on Centurions, on Storm Talons or on Primaris.

The only fiascos I know about BT codex is the fact that they stayed a long time without an update after 4th edition, and then were rolled in 6th with the lore altered.

Obviously people would be a bit upset. But after a decade I think people will be happy with whatever attention they get. Last proper campaign we were in was gathering storm, and we were heavily involved and got no miniatures and underwhelming formations :/

My heart doesn't exactly bleed for Black Templars because people like to act as if they haven't received access to literally every new Space Marine release that isn't Librarians. Maybe they're not the units you'd like to see, but Black Templars have got them all the same. GW didn't stamp a big "Space Marines... except Black Templars" on Centurions, on Storm Talons or on Primaris.

Oh this is what were doing this afternoon? Fighting?

We already had this discussions a hundred times. I won't have it again, I fully understand your point of view, I just think that as a faction BT is a lot worse off than guard, despite of all the "benefits" of losing a codex.

And let's not conveniently forget scions, comissars and Sly Marbo for guard.

I wrote a big post but my phone ate it so small summary instead.

There are a bazillion marine books out but one guard codex, despite there being way more guard regiments than marine chapters. The marine models are a lot more varied than the guard models despite all marines wearing roughly the same power armor and guard regiments having vastly different uniforms and patterns of gear. I even play one of the snowflake chapters and if I had my choice I'd have them all rolled into one book, the playstyles aren't so different that they need to be spread out the way they are, and I roll my eyes every time a marine player suggests a specific chapter needs attention. That's just comparing imperial armies too, not even including entire xenos races that only have one book.

Roll all SM in on a book. Until it happens the only way for a Chapter to have proper focus is to have it's own book.

Currently there is more variety of SM models than guard. Hence why there are more books.

I'm all for more guard, I put that on my survey wishlist. But a bit of love to my Boys in Black would be most welcome. It can be even in a WD. I just want flavour and a couple of kits with proper Templar panoply. With minimal effort for GW they could release a digital codex/WD article an upgrade sprue with proper Templar panoply for the new primaris range and a lieutenant. And they would still have enough time in 2 years to make a couple of guard regiments and update the eldar resin range. But hey we still need another dozen of Vannila lieutenants...

While it's true that BA and DA could easily be placed in the vanilla Marine Codex since they only have few additional units, it would bloat the vanilla Marine Codex even more. It's already the thickest Codex as is.

The only fiascos I know about BT codex is the fact that they stayed a long time without an update after 4th edition, and then were rolled in 6th with the lore altered.

Oh this is what were doing this afternoon? Fighting?

We already had this discussions a hundred times. I won't have it again, I fully understand your point of view, I just think that as a faction BT is a lot worse off than guard, despite of all the "benefits" of losing a codex.

And let's not conveniently forget scions, comissars and Sly Marbo for guard.

Black Templars are part of the Space Marine faction. 

Do you seriously think loyalist Space Marines are 'worse off' than Guard? Let's not conveniently forget several waves of Primaris for Space Marines (including Black Templars being able to use them). Ultramarines had a codex once too, but I doubt very much there'd be much support for that making a return just because it happened once, over a decade ago (well, barring one individual obviously).

I'm not opposed to Black Templars receiving some kits. A Primaris upgrade kit, a standalone Emperor's Champion and Helbrecht. That's be fine, although it's being generous considering how very few sub-factions get such treatment than Space Marines and I fully expect it to happen when the campaign books inevitably reach Armageddon. Individual models for (the real life) codex chapters now and again I don't have a problem with. Hell, throw in a page of Not!Acts of Faith to their corner of the Space Marine codex. What I take an issue to is this belief they're somehow 'hard done to' even whilst they receive every single Space Marine release that's not a psyker. We definitely don't need another loyalist marine codex to further clog up the backlog (Codex: Blood Angels... featuring Acts of Faith!)  It's turned the Black Templar community into the new Space Wolves. 

I'm not gonna comment on primaris releases, cause I havent bought any.

Got a couple of kits as gifts, but they are getting dusty.

I believe that BT is way worse than Guard. The best rules we had recently (BT specific) was for Sword Bros on Vigilus Defiant. And it's for an old resin kit in the new primaris age.

Like i said before, the bare minimum of effort would go a long way. Primaris Upgrade Kit, IC redone and new sword bros. And a better CT and Vows instead of acts of faith.

I don't personally believe that we need a full blow release like sisters, we do share most of our kits with regular SM. As long the Chapter keeps it's identity with crusader squads, melee focus.

BT were "hard done" on how they were handled since 4th edition. We had a small but flavourfull codex. After we only kept crusader squads and even now with primaris, it seems it's going on the dodo way. If GW gives something actually decent, people will be content. As of now, I feel like we are paying for leftovers and people are shocked we aren't happy with the meal.

Everyone has different interpretations of, opinions about, and priorities for the game. We're really not going to settle anything in this discussion. At best, we'll get an idea of what other hobbyists want. At worst (and much more likely), we'll see a lot of arguing over differences of opinion.

Every hobbyists should feel free to submit the survey with their honest answers, even if especially since their response will differ from the responses of other hobbyists. GW can then analyze the responses and figure out what they want to incorporate into their future plans.

In the meantime, arguing about what individuals submitted isn't going to result in anything constructive.

Anyone interested in reading about and participating in the survey should go to the Warhammer Community page.

If anyone is interested in sharing with others the information that they submitted in the survey, feel free to include that information in your signature (following the normal rules for signatures, click the Obey! link in my signature if you want more information) or About Me page (you can access that page through your profile). If anyone wants to discuss with any member the response they provided to GW in the survey, feel free to send them a PM (just keep in mind that PMs are subject to the normal B&C rules). Or you can look up any of the numerous discussions about how faction X is screwed up or faction Y needs this or faction Z could be fixed by doing this.

Archived