Warhammer Community survey 15th April

Sete

I'm confused about the purpose of this discussion. Is it wishlisting or a coordinated response to a survey?

If it's the latter, where is the :cuss survey? All I could find on WHC was the 2017 survey.

• 2 weeks later...

Imho it would be great to have ...

General:

• Some book, e.g. "Codex: Legacy units", which lists datasheets for all the leftover index units/options which have no models anymore/currently, with images so people know what the model/option looked like (bonus points: instructions for converting such units from existing model kits, e.g. AoS freeguild outriders + cadian infantry = rough riders). Would be nice to have for people who didn't get any/all index books back when the books were available.
  • Porting kits from forgeworld to GWs plastic range. The hydra tank and baneblade variants have once been forge world exclusive - maybe some other vehicles could be ported over too (e.g. salamander command/scout tank, drop/powerlifter/rocketpod sentinel).

Astra Militarum:

• sentinel hq: It would be nice if there was a HQ like the tank commander, but riding a sentinel and giving out orders to sentinels - then AM would have a flavourfull hq choice for an outrider detachment (tank commander feels too slow and heavy for a recon element, infantry commander is useless with only FA units, lord comissar feels wasted)
  • sentinel upgrade sprue: a sprue for use with the sentinel kit adding a commander head, driver body w/medals, a decorative front plate and a flag or some other command doodad for building the sentinel command unit mentioned above. Could additionally include the rollcage bars, multimelter and exhaust for building a drop sentinel and the claw and counterweight for building a sentinel powerlifter (and if generous, a slightly downsized valkyrie missile pod for the rocket launcher sentinel variant). The idea would be that 3 sentinel kits + upgrade sprue = one each of commander, drop and powerlifter sentinel.
  • rough riders: like the GSC atalan jackals, but with guard riders.
  • different regiments in plastic

Space Marines:

• Some transport for primaris which costs less points than the flying shoebox repulsor (Bonus point: a unit which can transport the redemptor dread - similar to the stormraven transporting normal dreads)

T'au:

• better rules for vespids

Inquisition:

• a codex w/<ordo> subfactions
  • inquisitor plastic kit w/options

Chaos:

• Lost and damned/Renegate/Traitor Guard Codex - or at least the ability to ally in astra militarum as <traitor guard> similar to brood brothers in GSC.

I'm hereby putting the ideas expressed in this post into the public domain, just in case.

EDIT: There is an increase in translation and grammatical errors in GW publications lately. And, most upsetting, errors in printing which change the way game rules work (compared to the english version). So, the most important thing we need is a proper lectorate for all languages - that would reduce errata for some languages by a large margin.

• 4 weeks later...

codex: xenos mercenaries

so all the little races that work as hired guns.... plus you know ... orks (freebooters) :p

max 1 formation in your army and/or be more than 33% of your list, cant contain your warlord...etc etc

Separate kill team system done by GW for 30k. You see this way GW can lure us in the front door with an accessible 30k, then kick us out of Forge World's back door, broke and with enough miniatures to turn the humble mountain of shame into the Everest of shame. 

Can I be a bit ignorant and ask for faction focused or just vsried battle forged lists? Like BA take 2 troop and 1 fast attack for 3 cp. I don't have enough research for it, but I tried it with a couple friends online and it worked at well.

Again low amount if research, mostly SM and mostly Primaris but still examples.

Some examples:

SW: 2 troops, 1 elite

BA: 2 troops, 1 fast attack

DA: 2 troops, 1 heavy

Tau: 1 heavy, 2 elite (including this because 2 guys always run riptides+drones grr)

It seems like they want to move away from it being about 'make a wish' for your neglected fan favourites:

The date for this year’s Big Community Survey – your chance to let us know how we’re doing and influence the kind of content, rules and models we give you – has been revealed! You’ll be able to make your voice heard from the 15th of April – and this time around, we’re asking for your feedback on 3 key areas.

...First up, one of the best things about the last Big Community Survey was getting your feedback on this very website! [Warhammer Community]...

...Next, our Studio teams want to know how you’re finding our games. Got opinions on the latest codexes and battletomes?...

...Lastly, we want to make awesome events like AdeptiCon accessible to everyone...

I can see why, what they have done with Sisters is great, but they probably don't want to be beholden to make the most requested armies every time the do one of these. I don't doubt there will be space in the survey for our random thoughts however, so it will still be worth asking for things we want.

Full Codex Supplement: Black Templars

Relics

Warlord Traits

Stratagems

Unique Unit Entries

Upgrade Sprue for Terminators, Scouts, Primaris, and Tacticals. Put in the box and charge 12.50 more.

Index Astartes White Scars

Relic

Warlord Traits

Upgrade Sprue

Stratagems

Codex Fixes:

Adeptus Astartes: Give all marines the re-roll first wound taken on one D weapons.

Codex Custodes: Points adjustments, I would love them to move faster or have access to Land Raider Crusaders

Offer named characters by using certain bits contained in the box. Like Iron Hands Strakos Bitsbox, built using mk3 box hammer, plasma Pistol, etc. That way we have rules and a model, without them needing to sculpt something new. Index Astartes them.

I don't think we need more Marine dexes but I do think all first founding Chapters without characters deserve one. And sadly I think that is only Iron Hands and Salamanders.

I also want to see a new Indomitus Terminator kit. (Pipe dream I know)

Just give me 3 wound terminators with toughness 5 and no points increase and I'll be happy. 1+ Attack couldn't hurt either towards making them actually worthwhile.

I don't think we need more Marine dexes but I do think all first founding Chapters without characters deserve one. And sadly I think that is only Iron Hands and Salamanders.

I also want to see a new Indomitus Terminator kit. (Pipe dream I know)

Salamanders have Vulkan He'stan. 

My personal wishlist would be

- Plastic Mk2 marines (using Umbra-pattern boltguns)

- Unique characters for the traitor legions that have none

- Exploration of the "Luther escaped the Rock / Fallen gathering in legion strength" narrative thread

Archived