Uverons - Fire Wasps! Adventures in Collecting and Gaming.

PART CASTING SUCCESS! 

Its not the greatest bit ever, but will paint up with significant battle damage, but it will be better than having the part missing completely!  

Well done, what did you change? Just out of curiosity and asking for a friend who lost a reaver head....:yes:

I used Greenstuff not Millput.

For a reaver Head I would wait till GW puts out the new weapon spres as it will have a spare head on it... 

HOBBY UPDATE!

First up after a long day at work of painting I was able to get my first Reaver Titan (Primus Eradicus) to tabletop standard. (Base Coats and a wash for all metals, two coats and a wash on the amour plates) Once every titan is too the same standard then I will start going back to add in extra details and elevate the models. I have attempted to step up my basing game on this one, with the excess millipult that I had from my attempts for parts casting I added some contours to the base to add the sense that it is not walking along a flat plane. I plan on adding extra details to that when I return to the model, I may even work on ways to add more details to it. some battle field debris could be fun to add in...

Additionally I have also finished the first box of Scenery for my AT gaming table (Though I plan to enter this army into armies on parade this year) Iam currently debating weather I try and bulk up he base of this building, adding a little big of a base and a hill to it to give it a 3rd of an inc more height, it would also tie it to my collection better if I used the same basing material... Something I am giving some thought too.

gallery_63905_15238_835822.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_315975.jpggallery_63905_15238_660681.jpggallery_63905_15238_820262.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_583047.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_320435.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_102794.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_193710.jpg

Gaming update!

So in non-hobby update I thought I would post about the games I have been playing.  I have now so far played 4 games. The first two were played without advanced rules. So I will talk about the games I have played with the full rules.

Both games I ran with the same list. (Yes it’s not a full maniple but aim was to get on the table and get practicing for campaign) 

One Warlord (The Forger of Epochs) with laser blasters, Volcano Cannon and Sunfury Plasma Annihilators.

Two Warhounds in a squadron, One with Mega Bolter and Plasma Blaster (Canis Mortis), Another with dual turbo laser destructors (Canis Executor).

And then one full banner of questors Knights with 2 of each weapons.

Game 1.

My opponent in this game was the local representative of the legio mortis, he ran an almost identical list to me but in place of the knights he spent his points on legio upgrades and shooting for the underdog bonus. 

I took the Appoc Launcher Stratagem, His mission was ether retrieval or transporting the cargo, mine as to kill as many titans as possible, As he was the underdog he got to know my objective, I did not get to know his.

Game played out quite well, his whole force ran forward in the initial stratagem phase, bringing them in range of my guns, so my whole line set the fire first order.  He pushed one of his

warhounds forward and kept his warlord out of LOS to mine.  My Knights started a hard flank towards his other warhound. Though some luckly shots in the movement phase with fire first his forward warhound lost its shields. And was unable to get them back up in the repair phase, and I crippled its legs but not destroyed it.

I finished it off at the top of turn 2 as my battle line once again used the first fire order. That came at a price as by the end of the turn his warlord had been able to strip the shields from my warlord and a blast from his volcano cannon caused a critical hit to the torso causing my reactor to spring a leak.

Top of turn 3 my Warlord stops for emergency repairs and is able to get its shield fixed and the reactor functioning, and my knights prepare for a charge. With a quick move they jump the remaining war hound killing it and winning me the game as I capture the Cargo It was carrying.

This was a fun game and I learnt a lot, but mostly I was lucky. If he had had his warlord target my knights the turn before I probably would have focused on taking out his warlord and his warhound could have made the dash up the table securing him the objective. I was happy with the weapon options on all my titans though the volcano cannon is way to swingy for its points, and the apoc missile launcher stratagem was next to useless thanks to bad rolls on my part.

Game 2:

My Oponent in this game was a the local Legio Tempestus player, like before a simple battle was planned and I on this occasion was the underdog, as the Legio Tempestus brought one warlord with Volcano Cannon, Sunfury Plasma Annihilators and Paired Gatling Blasters. 2 war hounds both with bolter and plasma, a full banner of 6 questoris knights and a half banner of 2  Cerastus Knight Lancers.

The mission I picked like last time was to score victory points for destroying enemy titans, he had to secure the objective that was 6” in from the center of the table. I set up a macrocannon stratagem in clear view of it and a Missile launcher battery next to it. The rest of my battle group hid out of line of sight, as did his.

Iam going to avoid a turn by turn play though as it was a slow game with lots of manovering as the table was stocked with big buildings. But At the opening of turn 1 his knights moved forward trying to use cover to hide but I countered by moving my warlord into LOS of the whole blob. A volcano cannon shot in the shooting phase took out the Cerastus Knight Lancers.

My warhounds moved up the flank of the table and lined up against a building so the only place my opponent could draw a LOS to see them would be on the center objective. And then basicly for the rest of the game I took out a titan a turn as they moved to try and secure the objective and were focused on by my whole battle group.

Special mention has to be made to the macro-cannon that got a kill against one of the war hounds, it has been crippled but not destroyed and its quick shot in the stratagem phase pulled off an very effective headshot.

Also my knights got into a fight with his questoris knights and they got the upper hand, after all was said and done I have one remaining, who on the last turn managed to charge the enemy warlord, who had taken some damage the turn before but had its shields now at full. But the pucky knight rand in and was able to attack the body causing enough damage to knock out the Voids letting my warlord plant a volcano cannon shot on it that finished it off (and killed my knight as well).

As an overview I did ok with this game. Iam now a huge fan of the macro cannon, it’s an odd weapon but that extra 2 S8 shots has a place I think, and maybe moreso than the missile launcher which while on paper better both of these guns fire before the repair phase so unless you plan on comboing with firefirst bringing down a shield or two isn’t that helpful, where as a quick shot on a titan before they have chance to bring up a shield can make a lot of difference.

Thanks for the short reports. Things like these help me a lot to get into the mood to paint more Titans. I still have problems to find someone to play with here in Switzerland so it is nice to read some battle reports. :smile.:

Yeah, building a regular gaming group is tricky. I am trying realy hard to round up all the players I know in Oklahoma and get an active community going. Thankfuly I had been building quite the network for 40k and AoS players over the last two years so its more me trying to sell another game to them! 

Thanks for the short reports. Things like these help me a lot to get into the mood to paint more Titans. I still have problems to find someone to play with here in Switzerland so it is nice to read some battle reports. :smile.:

Yeah, building a regular gaming group is tricky. I am trying realy hard to round up all the players I know in Oklahoma and get an active community going. Thankfuly I had been building quite the network for 40k and AoS players over the last two years so its more me trying to sell another game to them! 

We do have regular gamming groups over here but it seems I'm the only real Titan Nerd in this country (except, there is one guy like 300 km on the other side of the country)..

Hobby Update!

So its been a slow few days, I have to say I am not enthused about finishing the reaver with the cast part. I need to go back to looking at getting it painted!

That said I have been working on my scenery, I have to say building the Civitas Imperialis boxs are some of the most fun I have had in building models in ages. The ability to customize and build whatever you want it fantastic! I can see me picking up a box of this every so offten when I want change of pace. Anyway bellow is a whole drop of photos of the building I have put together.

gallery_63905_15238_848031.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_582635.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_1538017.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_528199.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_513955.jpggallery_63905_15238_634122.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_361424.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_722179.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_441640.jpg

I can only agree with your statement. Building the buildings worked like a charm and was a lot of fun. 

Enjoyed it a lot and after painting Titans it is very soothing to just slap togehter some blocks. 

Sadly painting them is not so much fun XD

Sadly painting them is not so much fun XD

my plan for that is to prime, wash the drybrush. Pick out metailc details and then some of the glass with Incs and Gemstone paints. Should be nice and easy

You better buy a big pot of wash for that ;)

it is just a rather bring task compared to painting a titan.

The buildings are indeed cool to put together, and if you mix with older Cities of Death components and alternative stuff you have even more possibilities. The only annoying thing imho is that you eat the civitas imperialis components extremely fast when you start going for large and tall buildings.

The buildings are indeed cool to put together, and if you mix with older Cities of Death components and alternative stuff you have even more possibilities. The only annoying thing imho is that you eat the civitas imperialis components extremely fast when you start going for large and tall buildings.

Yeah. I Spent a _lot_ of time building spreadsheets of the best ways to use the bits. 

I have left space on the last two big buildings for extra height to come from the spire-kit, (I also spent far to much time looking at the images from the weekender on them). Eventualy I want to add another large building the collection and then a number of smaller ones... We will see what the next few weeks bring. 

Campaign Update! 

Tomorrow starts my local gaming groups AT Campaign that will run for the next 6 weeks. 

The following is my battle group that I will be starting the wars with. I will try and provide updates as the games play out! 

++++

Legio: Ignatum

High Princeps: Gallus Thorn (Trait: Iron Clad Tyrant)

Total Honor: 0

Armory Resources: 185pts

+++++

Warlord: The Forger of Epochs [Princeps: Gallus Thorn]

Reaver: Primus Furioso [Princeps: Serina Jerger]

Reaver: Primus Eradicus [Princeps: Flaminius Noctula]

Warhound: Canis Mortis [Princeps: Harland Clan]

Warhound: Canis Executor [Princeps: Ellyn Bairo]

++++

Knight Household: Steeldale

Questoris Knights x4

Gaming update!

Last night was the start of the local campaign.

I played against The local Legio Tempestus player. He was running a Lupacal maniple with 5 Warhounds and a supporting Reaver.

The Game was a chance encounter using the Delta-Garmon II war-zone rules. I had the choice of missions between retrieval and Engage and Destroy. I chose Engage and Destroy, my opponent rolled up Hold the Line and Engage and Destroy.

After deployment the battle looked like this

gallery_63905_15238_211284.jpg

The game itself played itself out oddly, my opponent pushed forward hard and moved towards the center of the table to try and get in range of me but started to build heat in his warhounds. The main group of them formed a block of 4 to share shields and they made some attempts to shoot back, but in the formation they had taken they were not able to bring all their firepower to focus and bring down any of my shields. Unlike my Maniple who were able to remove all the 4 warhounds shields allowing my Warlord to blast the majoty of them with the Volcano Cannon once in my shooting phase and then again with a first fire order on turn 2. This destroyed the lead warhound at the top of turn 2 and damaged the rest. Due to the way his warhounds were set up they then had to move backwards to try and get around the blockage of the dead and dieing warhound allowing me to shoot again with little return fire, by the end of turn 2 I had crippled another war hound and badly damaged another, in turn 3 my focus started to turn to his reaver who I was able to remove its shields and destroy its weapons. And together with a volcano cannon shot killing a second warhound and the my knights getting a charge order of at the end of turn 3 every warhound that was still alive had 3 points of critical damage to the body and overheating, so in the repair phase of turn 4 they all overheated and were destroyed.

At this point we agreed that I would let his reaver get off the table alive and call the game a win to the forces of the Emperor.

For me it was a textbook game, my battle group worked well and was able to deal with the superior numbers. But if I am honest misfortune was the bigger factor in this game, and my opponent also made a number of small errors; the first was getting his warhounds boxed in allowing me to use my blast weapons to dangerous effect. He also set up in a less than ideal way. Due to the distribution of terrain it was kind of clear where I would have to put my warlord, and his warhounds ended up directly opposite away from the good LOS blockers.

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

Oh wow, that sounds really painful. It seem the hounds were roasted without causing any real damage. Bunching up against a Volcano cannon is dangerous business.

What are yoru campagin rules? Are destroyed Titans lost and have to be rebought by sepnding amroury points?

I think such a system would force players to change their strategy and not throw away Titans for minimal gains. :)

Oh wow, that sounds really painful. It seem the hounds were roasted without causing any real damage. Bunching up against a Volcano cannon is dangerous business.

What are yoru campagin rules? Are destroyed Titans lost and have to be rebought by sepnding amroury points?

I think such a system would force players to change their strategy and not throw away Titans for minimal gains. :smile.:

We are currently running the Titan Death Rules, so yeah he lost all the 5 titans (and was able to salvage 10% of the core cost of them). And with talking to my opponent he talks about it being a rookie mistake, Iam not as sure I just think the heavy warhound lists look good on paper but they are at the end of the day scout titans and not battle titans. 

As for the Campaing itself. Another game held this weekend was a similar blow out so we have been talking about ways to add extra supports to the campaign system. There are the two proposals I made to our FB group

1) If your total points cost of your Titans+Weapons+Spare points is worth less than 1350pts, at the end of the next game you play you get 800pts of supplies in place of the normal 400. This should allow folks who lost a pile of titans in a game to rebuild and catch back up to the rest of the campaign.

Or

2) We each new campaign week starts if your Ttans+Weapons+Spare points is worth less than 1500pts then at the start of that campaign week you are given the points to bring your total to 1500pts.

Option 1 is more thematic, but requires more book keeping also means that a major loss will hurt the next game.

Option 2 is simple, but reduces the encouragement to play more than one game a week.

It looks like we are going to add Option 2 to the campaign rules, as its simpler. But no one playing in the campaign has been against it. 

Or when "it was a blast" takes all its meanings :biggrin.:

Thanks for the batrep, very interesting to read. Mistakes seem very unforgiving. 

Yeah! 

I have to say that this game sold me on the Volcanno Cannon. Its a very scary gun when your opponent presents you with a good target. Oddly in the local 'meta' there has been a strong push to Plasma Annihilators and other counts-as guns. But in most games the Volcannon Cannon has been useful. Now I dont like dual-cannons on the warlord, but Iam thinking hard about a dual cannon Reaver. It will have to watch its heat but I think it has a place. 

My issue with a dual VC reaver is that the reavers reactor is no where near as forgiving as a warlords. Also the 3’ Blast is by good compared to the 5’. It would be an interesting build but I thing reavers with laser blasters for a close support against flanking knights and Warhounds or a close combat beast is the way to go.

My issue with a dual VC reaver is that the reavers reactor is no where near as forgiving as a warlords. Also the 3’ Blast is by good compared to the 5’. It would be an interesting build but I thing reavers with laser blasters for a close support against flanking knights and Warhounds or a close combat beast is the way to go.

Actually, on paper the Reaver reactor is only a hair worse than the warlord. It has 4 spaces before it starts to overheat. The Same as the Warlord, the warlord just has an extra spot in the D6 on the reactor. 

Now where I think the Dual VC reaver has a place is in a 5 Reaver list. So there is still space for the other builds which want to be alot closer. 

I didn’t realise that. In game my reavers tend to overheat faster but that’s clearly down to me not managing them .

Its the one less servitor Clade I expect. It does mean the warlord can vent heat better, but with a titan thats hugging the back of the table the occasional emerigany repair order will help. 

I think such a system would force players to change their strategy and not throw away Titans for minimal gains. :smile.:

We are currently running the Titan Death Rules, so yeah he lost all the 5 titans (and was able to salvage 10% of the core cost of them). And with talking to my opponent he talks about it being a rookie mistake, Iam not as sure I just think the heavy warhound lists look good on paper but they are at the end of the day scout titans and not battle titans. 

As for the Campaing itself. Another game held this weekend was a similar blow out so we have been talking about ways to add extra supports to the campaign system. There are the two proposals I made to our FB group

1) If your total points cost of your Titans+Weapons+Spare points is worth less than 1350pts, at the end of the next game you play you get 800pts of supplies in place of the normal 400. This should allow folks who lost a pile of titans in a game to rebuild and catch back up to the rest of the campaign.

Or

2) We each new campaign week starts if your Ttans+Weapons+Spare points is worth less than 1500pts then at the start of that campaign week you are given the points to bring your total to 1500pts.

Option 1 is more thematic, but requires more book keeping also means that a major loss will hurt the next game.

Option 2 is simple, but reduces the encouragement to play more than one game a week.

It looks like we are going to add Option 2 to the campaign rules, as its simpler. But no one playing in the campaign has been against it. 

Wow that is a harsh blow and right at the start. I think I'd go for option one. It is more punishing and I feel it should be. Sure it sucks to loose so many Titans in one go but at least you'll learn from it. If you make it more painful to lose a titan people will start to play different. No more throwing away a sacrifical Titan just to get an engine kill. Instead they will play more cautious which will make it more interesting in the long run