Uverons - Fire Wasps! Adventures in Collecting and Gaming.

You could also use both rules at different points in time, using the more punishing one later in the campaign, fitting with a "turning-point" in the narrative and giving the opportunity to learn from early mistakes without loosing all hope after a devastating first game.

You could also randomize the use of one or the other.

I think it boils down to who you are playing with and a good consensus between the players.

You could also use both rules at different points in time, using the more punishing one later in the campaign, fitting with a "turning-point" in the narrative and giving the opportunity to learn from early mistakes without loosing all hope after a devastating first game.

You could also randomize the use of one or the other.

I think it boils down to who you are playing with and a good consensus between the players.

Yeah, and this campaign is only going to be for 6 weeks, which is why we are talking about being extra lenient. Kinda the purpose is to get games of AT on the tables of the game stores around Oklahoma City in a hope to grab new players.  

Hobby Update!

Well after 3 days of having slow work days where I was able to spend my days painting I have been able to get my whole first manaple to tabletop standard. As such may I present my final titan Primus Eradicus. This one has been a fair amount of work losing the grieve but after all that work I think I have salvaged what could have been a bit of an issue.

I did run with a much blacker set of colors on this titan, I am trying to mix up the colors over the whole collection. At one stage I had attempted to put stripes on the carapace, it didn't work that well so went with all black. I think on my next reaver I will take one of the flat Armour plates and put some clear chevrons on it. But that is into the future.

gallery_63905_15238_1687459.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_1230311.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_688950.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_913203.jpg

And then we have my full manaple with painted to what I consider Table Top Quality. Planning eventually to go back and improve the quality of the paint jobs over the next few months.

gallery_63905_15238_327524.jpg

But first I have to finish my knights, so yesterday I made a start picking up edge highlighting and testing white colors for the armor plates.

I still have alot of work to be done on these knights, and they are perhaps the hardest models I have been painted, the details are very small!

gallery_63905_15238_358392.jpg

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

Looking solid Uveron - and really cohesive when they're together! I'm liking those subtle variances: adds character but keeps them tied together. Great work!

Thanks! Yeah I am trying to paint each one as an individual (with the warhounds being the exception to that) as each titan in many ways is an army onto itself.

==

Gaming update!

Over the last week I have been able to get a pair of games in, both games were conducted with my full maniple, using my campaign list though only one counted for the campaign. I am not writing full battle reports but a quick summary and my points of learning for both.

GAME 1

The first game was a non-campaign game against a fellow loyalist player running the warp runners legion and the Regis Maniple. This game was a slog. My forces advanced though the urban environment to get good firing solutions on my opponent’s maniple He clustered his warhounds and one of his warlords (Dual Plasma) in the center of the table and another warlord (with dual volcano cannons) on a flank.

Once we were in range the game played out where the full weight of fire on the combined voids would bring down the shields on the warlord and the hounds, but I would fail to have any shots left for any real damage and then in the order phase repair orders would reignite the shields and then by the end of the repair phase the shields would be at full strength again! I wasn’t as lucky and my by turn 4 both my warhounds died. But then my luck changed and a few lucky shots stripped the shield and I was able to take out the warlord with a trio of solid hits from my warlord. It then turned and wild fired into his war hound taking it out. My Chain fist reaver went agressibly up the table, tried to get the jump on some Cerastus knights. It didn’t work out that well, but they had issues killing it the Chainfist just isn’t that great at killing Knights.

My big takeaway from the game was that the warp runner + Regis Maniple are powerful, and my list doesn’t pack the shield stripping weapons I need it too. I am giving hard thoughts to dropping the lasers blasters from my warlord for some more missile launchers as the extra shots may be more useful that the hight S attacks (though for one heat the 6 shield bane attacks are also kind a good).

My knight and my Chainfist Reaver have not been impressing me. Maybe I need a more range reaver variant to run with this list to allow them to work together better. Will give it a few more games before I start to make choices.

GAME 2.

The next game was against my Legio Mortis playing friend. This was a campaign game and a basic mirror match with my opponent running the same list as I without the knights. The campaign has now moved to Beta-Garmon II and we had the fun of that warzones special rules, and we were trialing the destroyable Terrain rules.

The actual game for this one played out in quite a rote manner, our titans advanced towards each other and turn1s ones fire wasn’t that effective my chainfist reaver lost its shields and I lost two knights. Turn 2 things went differently. His chainfist reaver charged my chainfist reaver and in one round of attacks killed it, his plasma reactor went critical taking out his reaver and all the LOS blocking scenery on the lefthand side of the table (See photo Below). Using a Blind Barrage on his warlord the turn 2 became the majority of my titans trying to destroy two warhounds. Which they did. Then the game after that was mop up, his warlord was able to critically damage both my warhounds but not destroy them, and my knights were destroyed before they could do any lasting damage.

gallery_63905_13412_169510.jpg

The one item that stopped this game being a total wipe out of the legio mortis was the presence of a void shield relay asset. Those things are impressive they add quite a bit of extra kick to the ability to keep shields up. On turn 3 I decided the best plan was to start trying to clip it wish blast templates to take it out, but it was able to withstand a whole pile of shooting for the remaining turns. When I finaly was able to clip it the warlord went down fairly quickly.

I played this game last night so still digesting this game completely but my initial thoughts are that my knights are good, but tricky to use right. The Melta Cannon on the Reaver is a great weapon, it’s been making kills all over the place if it hits something that’s been damaged it soon wrecks it. That still cannot be said for the Chainfist reaver, but I think next game I need to try and hit it with a blind barrage on the turn its advancing to help cover it as it makes the 18” dash up the table.

This will mark a gap in games for a bit for me, I work out on a land drilling rig that operates about a hr away from my gaming groups. Iam now off back home with my family for a few weeks (which is great) but the quick evenings drive for a game will not be happening. That said in two weeks Iam preparing for a whole day of games maybe even trying some 2v2 games!

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all!

Well after a very busy few weeks, I finally have a update! and after a long day at work doing no real work I was able to finish painting my questoris knights. I have applied transfers, but I have noticed on the photo I may need to see if I can redo one or two as they have slipped.

These were a bit of a slog to paint, not as fun as the titans, but I think that is my choice of paint scheme, something I will assess when I paint the next round of them!

gallery_63905_15238_802863.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_250808.jpg

I do have a number of other things to update, and hope I will get a chance over next few days.

Solid work, Uveron.

Regarding chainfists, remember Knights don't get saves against melee attacks and you can freely do targeted attacks without minuses with Melee weapons and thus pluck their Banner leader should one die (which is easier as chain gets Rending that can go up to 17 on Armour rolls unlike the powerfist, that is limited to 15). Then there is always the option to use Vulpa's rules, take the +2 Str upgrade on the Reaver and suddenly those fists are rippin' an' tearin' like there's no tomorrow. It's just beautiful when it connects.

Edited by Sherrypie

• 1 year later...

So it's been some time.

The last 12 months has been _Rough_ but in the last few months I have been getting back in control of things and I have decided to try and return to this site and start being active again!

Despite my lack of activity my I have been making slow progress, but progress all the same this was the last group shot of all my painted chaps just after applying the weathering powders

gallery_63905_15238_290806.jpg

My Aim is to try and update this thread every few days as I catch up with what I have done in the last year!

So as I start to prepare to run a event for 10+ folks I have found myself building alot of AT scale Scenery..

I still love the standard Civitas set, and have been customising with random bits from my bits box.

gallery_63905_15238_757543.jpg

The Industrial stuff was harder to work with, but realising I had a stack of old WFB movement trays that no longer had a use, I had a flash of inspriation and now have some cool looking industrial blocks.

gallery_63905_15238_974515.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_1116345.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_377544.jpg

So today I want to share the photos of my First Warlord Titan "Malleator de Epoc Radiosus Gloria (Forger of the Epoc of Radiant Glory)"

These photos were taken before the weathering powders were applied. Since then I have also applied scelent and plan on a few touch ups before taking its final set of photos.

I mostly want to clean up a bit of the paint chipping, as in places I have grown less fond of the amount I put on it.

gallery_63905_15238_1119279.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_937501.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_732686.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_689896.jpg

Excellent work. What pipes decorate the Titan's base? Water? Sewage? Oil or gas (with potentially disastrous consequences if a stray shot ignites the flammable material within)?

Dont know, Broken pipes all the same!

Excellent work indeed. Great idea for recycling the WFB movement trays. They also work quite well as roof.

Yeah, I had thought about this. But this gets me using a wide selection of tables.

While speaking about scenery, I also have this stuff. I was sent it from a nice chap who is a fan of my podcast, whom I had spent some time talking to about what I would do if I was going to build some laser cut scenery for AT.

gallery_63905_15238_484080.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_508054.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_245017.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_125298.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_397315.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_906950.jpg

Nice stuff, the tower is particularly cool.

Yeah, going to start painting it soon. Going to try hitting it with some woodstain to start making it look like cement. 

Your stuff looks great. Btw, just learned of your podcast this weekend while reading b and c for the first time in awhile. It made a great soundtrack to my assembling AT terrain and a 4 hour drive.

Thanks! Iam starting the recording of new episodes this weekend. Hoping progress can be made on alot of stuff in next few days. This week has been crushing for getting things done.