Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vigilus Falls.. on a Tuesday?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,941 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Yeah, Triszin likes to speculate about release dates.
  • Triszin likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,105 posts

Yeah, Triszin likes to speculate about release dates.

I can stop, or put it in a spoiler, with a headline of " My own speculation on release dates".

if it becomes an issue :/

banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

Trizin.
He wrote and I quote;
"so i think this might be the preorder dates."

Welp, I feel like an idiot now. The bits like Abaddon having a day for him, a video, and Gal Vorbak bodyguards tricked my brain into thinking it was a rumour.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,965 posts

Trizin.
He wrote and I quote;
"so i think this might be the preorder dates."

Welp, I feel like an idiot now. The bits like Abaddon having a day for him, a video, and Gal Vorbak bodyguards tricked my brain into thinking it was a rumour.
It's a good assumption.
But I would expect abbys bodyguard to be the bringers of despair. Well they are possessed terminators are they not?

Edited by Sete, 14 February 2019 - 12:56 PM.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,941 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

I can stop, or put it in a spoiler, with a headline of " My own speculation on release dates".
if it becomes an issue :/

No, I think we're okay! smile.png
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
Vigilus II might not come with Shadowspear. The box might move the story along, introduce the Chaos side of things, generally get the tension to a head and then have Vigilus II come out further down the road, after all the new releases.
  • Panzer likes this

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 691 posts
My thinking is Shadowspear will come out before Vigilus 2, possibly 2-3 weeks before(so soonish).

The Primaris are a vanguard/behind enemy lines squad attacking a black legion moon base. My fluff thinking is they’ll discover Abaddons on his way to Vigilus and give Calgar time to prepare. Or they’ll blow up the base and trigger his need to intervene.

Either way, I’m expecting it to be a precursor to the second book, not a battle within it.
  • Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
They just said the other day there's a ton of new stuff coming for Vigilus. So I think it makes the most sense to have a bunch of releases between the books instead of afterwards.
  • Mr4Minutes likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,045 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
I thought ambots were done by Forge World for necromunda - I don't think they'll be part of the same release

Though they might make some pretty good looking Iron warriors spawn...
  • Panzer likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts

I thought ambots were done by Forge World for necromunda - I don't think they'll be part of the same release

Just look at previous week's releases - sometimes we get a big mashup from all the systems and other times it's strictly one.

While they are done by FW, they're a plastic kit so will be available on GW mainline.

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 876 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Pretty sure we are going to see Abaddon in 4 days time. I wonder if the Worldclaimer's spear has a teleport homer which Abaddon will use to arrive?

• Tordeck likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Pretty sure we are going to see Abaddon in 4 days time. I wonder if the Worldclaimer's spear has a teleport homer which Abaddon will use to arrive?

Imagine Haarken threw the spear when he arrived and everybody just left it there thinking it's just a symbolic gesture but suddenly there's Abaddon with a bunch of Terminators and Obliterators. :D

• Tordeck, grailkeeper and Doctor Perils like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,666 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
It's a good assumption.
But I would expect abbys bodyguard to be the bringers of despair. Well they are possessed terminators are they not?

Bringers of Despair aren't possessed, they're just elite.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts

It's a good assumption.

Bringers of Despair aren't possessed, they're just elite.

Depends how the studio background takes them, if that's what they're doing. The Aphotic Blade - the former Justaerin under Falkus Kibre - are described in Talon of Horus and Black Legion as being jointly possessed by a single daemon, like a miniature hive mind. They're Abbadon's terminator bodyguard but it remains to be seen if there is/was a direct throughline from them c. the first Black Crusade to the Bringers of Despair of the 41st millennium.

• Aztek likes this

Tordeck

Tordeck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
  • Faction: Chaos
edit - ninjaed by above

Edited by tordeck, 01 March 2019 - 09:03 AM.

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 998 posts

“The Day I came to your inconsequential world was the the most important day of your life, but for me it was a Tuesday.”

Abaddon the Dispoiler

Ha! Well played, sir.

• librisrouge and RedFox like this

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,171 posts

Just to add; my local store gave me a heads up and said to expect the bulk of the new Chaos releases to fall on the last three weeks of the fiscal year. So anywhere from the 11th - 31st March. Makes sense, as that'll pad Q4 with some more sales for when GW release their annual statement.

Abaddon pre order date is 9th March from what I've been told and the same source told me back in August that Abaddon will be here in March 2019.

Have a look at my posts from August last year if you want to double check as I dropped a hint way back then.

• RedFox, Panzer and Aztek like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,965 posts

PM me a hint when BT related content drops. Ill be taking a sabbatical.

• PJ1933 likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,828 posts

No-one wants Templars, Reclaimers of Dorn are better tongue.png

The Chap who sent me the Imperial Fist battleforce boxset info before anyone else says orders are coming on the 9th.

Edited by LordValrak, 01 March 2019 - 05:45 PM.

• General Strike and Aztek like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 593 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

The Chap who sent me the Imperial Fist battleforce boxset info before anyone else says orders are coming on the 9th.

Like... All the orders including Abaddon, or just Shadowspear? Hail to the Reclaimers of Dorn!

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,828 posts

Like... All the orders including Abaddon, or just Shadowspear? Hail to the Reclaimers of Dorn!

I think he means Shadowspear.

• Aztek likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Tuesday may simply be the defined reveal day for Abaddon...
  • Triszin and Panzer like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

Considering the Abaddon teaser, and not Shadowspear's reveal, was the one that had the countdown in it, I'm inclined to agree with Bryan on this.

With that said, I'm hoping (not expecting) that whatever they have planned for this Tuesday goes along the lines of "The Warmaster is back... and he's brought all his friends with him", and then they show us some more CSM models, even if it's just a few glimpses in a video. That or Vigilus 2. Or both, really, since the countdown is all about the Black Legion's arrival on Vigilus.

But again, Abaddon's the only thing I'm seriously expecting to be fully shown.

• Aztek likes this

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 593 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Considering the Abaddon teaser, and not Shadowspear's reveal, was the one that had the countdown in it, I'm inclined to agree with Bryan on this.

With that said, I'm hoping (not expecting) that whatever they have planned for this Tuesday goes along the lines of "The Warmaster is back... and he's brought all his friends with him", and then they show us some more CSM models, even if it's just a few glimpses in a video. That or Vigilus 2. Or both, really, since the countdown is all about the Black Legion's arrival on Vigilus.

But again, Abaddon's the only thing I'm seriously expecting to be fully shown.

Agreed. I'll expect Abaddon and be pleasantly surprised if they show more. New Bringers of Despair/Aphotic Blades would be icing on this cake.

Edited by Aztek, 01 March 2019 - 08:26 PM.

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,869 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

A Tuesday, eh? I always hated Tuesdays.

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."
-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."
-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

gallery_48988_15465_5689.pnggallery_48988_15465_9618.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngVbg8STF.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users