Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gamma310s Tiger Eyes - Legio Fureans VS Legio Gryphonicus

Tiger Eyes Legio Fuerans Adeptus Titanicus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Gamma310

Gamma310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: The Third Legion

Hey all,

Under normal circumstances I'm more of a silent reader in this forum. But since I started painting the Adeptus Titanicus Miniatures I've been looking for a community to participate in. By pure chance I stumbled over this part of the forum and decided I wanna be a part of this.

So what can you expect in here?

Since my buddy in crime is kind of a slow painter and I want to play with painted Titans I decided to buy, build and paint two legions to have something to play with. In this Blog I’m hoping to chronicle my journey into slow madness of painting a :cussload of Titans.

Furthermore I’ll post some snippets of Fluff and Background for my Titans. But be gentle, English is not my first language so it might be a little rough around the edges.

Well anyway, let’s start with a first "blurry" picture of what is painted up to date:

5bdfe784d7f13_20181030_2000251.jpg.62d40

I didn’t really think about what kind of Battlegroup I wanted to play so I just painted a few of everything for the Tiger Eyes. The weapons are all magnetised so I can change them whenever I want. By now I know that I want to have a Regia Maniple, but what kind of maniple would suit the rest?

Gryphonicus will be started as soon as my next delivery arrives. Most likely I’ll paint a Myrmidon Maniple with two Warlords and three Reavers for them.

Looking forward to getting your feedback and input.

Cheers

Gamma

Edited by Gamma310, 11 February 2019 - 10:33 AM.

• Chaeron, Master Ciaphas, Captain Semper and 6 others like this

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,354 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
Needs more Titans. :P

Seriously, that’s an impressive start. I also have plans to paint up a second Battlegroup to face my first, but I would need to paint the first before that happens. Looking forward to Gryphonicus. Are you planning to convert any Reavers?

Keep up the good work.

Dallo
  • Gamma310 likes this

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,649 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Those Titans look awesome. A really nice yellow and great flames! Once I finish my Defensor Maniple (eventualllyyyyyyyyy!) I'll be looking at some traitors and Fureans are pretty tempting :) 

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

Very nice, especially with good bases. It'll be interesting to follow the progress with the War Griffons.

If you're going with a somewhat static Regia maniple for your Fureans, you could try supporting it with a nimble Corsair group of Reavers. Fureans can get pretty funky moves off if they constantly fire up their spirits and have the mobility to capitalize on it without getting forced out of position they couldn't maneuver out of.

• Gamma310 likes this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,103 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Hey all,

Under normal circumstances I'm more of a silent reader in this forum. But since I started painting the Adeptus Titanicus Miniatures I've been looking for a community to participate in. By pure chance I stumbled over this part of the forum and decided I wanna be a part of this.

And we're glad you did! Welcome to the AT forum, it's great to see more people joining! thumbsup.gif

So what can you expect in here?
Since my buddy in crime is kind of a slow painter and I want to play with painted Titans I decided to buy, build and paint two legions to have something to play with. In this Blog I’m hoping to chronicle my journey into slow madness of painting a :cussload of Titans.
Furthermore I’ll post some snippets of Fluff and Background for my Titans. But be gentle, English is not my first language so it might be a little rough around the edges.

Well anyway, let’s start with a first "blurry" picture of what is painted up to date:

Hidden Content

Ermm... unsure.png ermm... AWESOME? Man I feel so humbled when people present their state of the art yellow Titans... Congrats man, this is an excellent force and you should be rightly proud of it! Amazing looking... And the bases too. You really made this one a labour of love!

I didn’t really think about what kind of Battlegroup I wanted to play so I just painted a few of everything for the Tiger Eyes. The weapons are all magnetised so I can change them whenever I want. By now I know that I want to have a Regia Maniple, but what kind of maniple would suit the rest?

Gryphonicus will be started as soon as my next delivery arrives. Most likely I’ll paint a Myrmidon Maniple with two Warlords and three Reavers for them.

Looking forward to getting your feedback and input.
Cheers
Gamma

OK, alright, before you start on Gryphonicus, check this out, maybe you'll find it of interest. smile.png

• Gamma310 and Brother Dallo like this

Gamma310

Gamma310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: The Third Legion

Thank you for all the nice words. smile.png

Very nice, especially with good bases. It'll be interesting to follow the progress with the War Griffons.

If you're going with a somewhat static Regia maniple for your Fureans, you could try supporting it with a nimble Corsair group of Reavers. Fureans can get pretty funky moves off if they constantly fire up their spirits and have the mobility to capitalize on it without getting forced out of position they couldn't maneuver out of.

The bases are actually very easy to do. But I made the mistake to paint the Titans seperate and then gluing them onto the finished base. I might have to change thath, because sometimes they do not fit as intended..

I thought about purchasing another three warlors so I could either play them as full Myrmidon or low strength Corsair. I think that could work. And it is the perfect excuse to buy mor Titans. ;)

Those Titans look awesome. A really nice yellow and great flames! Once I finish my Defensor Maniple (eventualllyyyyyyyyy!) I'll be looking at some traitors and Fureans are pretty tempting smile.png

Painting Yellow is kind of annoying but so worth it once you're done with it. I can only recommend painting Fuerans. They look ace!

And we're glad you did! Welcome to the AT forum, it's great to see more people joining! thumbsup.gif

Ermm... unsure.png ermm... AWESOME? Man I feel so humbled when people present their state of the art yellow Titans... Congrats man, this is an excellent force and you should be rightly proud of it! Amazing looking... And the bases too. You really made this one a labour of love!

OK, alright, before you start on Gryphonicus, check this out, maybe you'll find it of interest. smile.png

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Painting Yellow on Titans is easier than on marines. Because of the scale you can hide mistakes more easily, by example with black flames. ;)

The bases help to make them look like Titans. If you do not have something on the base which indicates their massive scale the miniatures look kind of lost.

Nice, will have to check that out!

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts

Gorgeous! I also like the bases. Would love to see individual pics. Eager to see your next steps.

gallery_48988_15151_1205.png

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,085 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

They look great Gamma310 - what a superb legio! 

BoxingDayBash2018.png?w=129ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tiger Eyes, Legio Fuerans, Adeptus Titanicus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users