Age of Darkness FAQ

Joe

Question for you guys: The Immortals still have the option to switch their Boltgun for a combat blade, however the breacher shields prohibit them from gaining another attack from things like combat blades. Is this addressed somewhere in the faq that I can't find or is this just a weird mistake still?

Since they have a bolt pistol, then, no, they actually wouldnt benefit from being given a combat blade unless theres a specific upgrade option that can only be access if the model has one.

I was hoping the faq would clear up this weird little rule of theirs! It just makes them less effective, so strange. Thanks!

I mean, it affects all breachers; Phalanx Warders also have 1A and a Bolt Pistol and can be given Power Axes but youre SoL for 2 attacks with 2CCW same with UM Breachers and Power Swords.

Also, Minor squibble:

BUT WHY IS IT THAT NOW, AFTER I HAVE BUILT AND PAINTED MY PHALANX WARDERS SERGEANTS WITH THUNDERHAMMERS DO THEY GET AN UPDATED SHEET ALLOWING THEM TO TAKE SOL GLOVES!?!?!?!?!?!!?

+1A on destroyers too!

Wondered if that was new or not, awesome!

Malcadors seem the weirdest change - becoming just (TANK) instead of (Super-Heavy Tank) makes their weapons a lot worse (unless going all Lascannons)

Apparently they were being used as suicide units by driving them into enemy lines and waiting for the titanic explosion. This change was to prevent that

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/4b/4b29a5ad6929e348b71a6ff56702d4901042e1d8be40c4d87ab40f54a607e1d2.jpg

Someone enlighten me, did augury scanners get buffed or nerfed? I honestly can't tell. Also, while recognize that making Quad mortars one large blast is fair, it's kinda lame considering I just bought three. The Malcador nerfs definitely mean that idea is going in the trash.  

Good to see Magnus get a reasonable nerf, but still with the option to use him at full power. Mind wrath was just obnoxious.

Also SW apothecaries get warrior's mettle now, glad to finally get clarification on that.

Question for you guys: The Immortals still have the option to switch their Boltgun for a combat blade, however the breacher shields prohibit them from gaining another attack from things like combat blades. Is this addressed somewhere in the faq that I can't find or is this just a weird mistake still?

Since they have a bolt pistol, then, no, they actually wouldnt benefit from being given a combat blade unless theres a specific upgrade option that can only be access if the model has one.

I was hoping the faq would clear up this weird little rule of theirs! It just makes them less effective, so strange. Thanks!

I mean, it affects all breachers; Phalanx Warders also have 1A and a Bolt Pistol and can be given Power Axes but youre SoL for 2 attacks with 2CCW same with UM Breachers and Power Swords.

Also, Minor squibble:

BUT WHY IS IT THAT NOW, AFTER I HAVE BUILT AND PAINTED MY PHALANX WARDERS SERGEANTS WITH THUNDERHAMMERS DO THEY GET AN UPDATED SHEET ALLOWING THEM TO TAKE SOL GLOVES!?!?!?!?!?!!?

My question though is why do they have the option to trade their boltguns for zero benefit? They don't get an attack boost and lose their bolters. 

Also that's dope as hell, I hope Phalanx warders will be usable now.

Warders saw a slight point drop with the squad being 190 and 12ppm; but otherwise, theyre pretty much the same.

Now, for trading weapons for no actual benefit, who even knows.

Good to see Magnus get a reasonable nerf, but still with the option to use him at full power. Mind wrath was just obnoxious.

Also SW apothecaries get warrior's mettle now, glad to finally get clarification on that.

Mind Wrath did get nerfed though because they removed the clause where if you roll 11+ on the 2d6 strength increase to turn it into a Destroyer hit.

Someone enlighten me, did augury scanners get buffed or nerfed? I honestly can't tell. Also, while recognize that making Quad mortars one large blast is fair, it's kinda lame considering I just bought three. The Malcador nerfs definitely mean that idea is going in the trash.  

They got fixed, the old FAQ version was a typo. Quad mortars went from taking 30 minutes for a shooting phase to like 3 with that change and are still quite good. The phosphex option is not insane anymore but just very good now.

They got fixed, the old FAQ version was a typo. Quad mortars went from taking 30 minutes for a shooting phase to like 3 with that change and are still quite good. The phosphex option is not insane anymore but just very good now.

A large blast template of crawling fire and lingering death is pretty swanky

Not as godly as four small ones hitting the same models over and over again, but quite nice, yes. :biggrin.:

...and no more endless discussions about if it was only the first template or all of the templates that moved due to crawling fire... :P

Not as godly as four small ones hitting the same models over and over again, but quite nice, yes. :biggrin.:

...and no more endless discussions about if it was only the first template or all of the templates that moved due to crawling fire... :tongue.:

Aye its much better, also while its still a large blast (like the Medusa), the AP3 is the point of difference.

Warders saw a slight point drop with the squad being 190 and 12ppm; but otherwise, theyre pretty much the same.

Did you spot the change in Shield Wall? Attached Characters also get +1WS as long as 3 Warders are still alive. That's Polux at +1WS and +1T running Stone Gauntlet. Or a WS7 Champion with a Paragon Blade. Warders might be pretty much the same, but that doesn't mean they didn't get better. :D

Did you spot the change in Shield Wall? Attached Characters also get +1WS as long as 3 Warders are still alive. That's Polux at +1WS and +1T running Stone Gauntlet. Or a WS7 Champion with a Paragon Blade. Warders might be pretty much the same, but that doesn't mean they didn't get better. :biggrin.:

Thats an old change though because in AOD legions theyve had that ability but with 5 models; ive previously had WS9 Dorn prior to this change.

Sevatar got a little buff, and my particular destroyer loadout is 95 points cheaper. That'll do.

What did Sev get?

Ran

He gets to use his AND the rulebook master of ambush

That doesn't feel like a small buff. It seems a like a pretty major way of making Sevatar good to play.

Ran

Mind Wrath did get nerfed though because they removed the clause where if you roll 11+ on the 2d6 strength increase to turn it into a Destroyer hit.

Ah, didn't notice that. I guess it was probably warranted considering how strong str D is, even if it was thematic.

Archived