Age of Darkness FAQ

Joe

I really like all those changes. Hopefully they take another look at Malcadors but the rest are decent. My Mor Deythan are scoring now and both destroyers and Moritat which I usually run have had a buff. Like what they have done with Preavians too, all legions get something now.

Phalanx Warders got cheaper power weapons as well. Previously they were axes for 10 points now they are five and “weapons” so you take swords or maces as well. Seems reasonable.

Not quite;

Warders have had 5pt power axes for a while now iirc (since their last update in LA:ADL) while its only the warder sergeant who has access to Power Weapon (any type).

excellent, keeping the superior ruleset and even evolving/refining it

imagine how successful it'd be if they capitalised on it, with a smallish printed FAQ and some fluff that didn't make the black book cut

I’d actually prefer it like this. I don’t want to be forced to buy new printed material every few months like 8th players.

This way it’s avaliable right at my fingertip on my phone without having to haul around anything else physical.

A step in the right direction, but there are some bizarre omissions. Rampagers, Abaddon (etc), various units that have been bad for 7+ years would have seemed a higher priority to me than giving Dorn the ability to teleport.

Overall though this is a very positive change and one I hope they will build on.

Buffs to Mor Deythan, Moritats and Destroyers. FW making it extremely possible to field a fluffy and effective Raven Guard force.

You could....always do that though lol.

Decapitation strike is one of the most thematic and strategically flexible rites out there. And up until last year (as I mentioned above), mor deythan had implacable advance.

Per the new wording of Chain Fire:

• When attacking with Pistol weapons in the controlling player’s Shooting phase, the Moritat may declare a Chain Fire attack instead of making their normal shooting attacks. While making a Chain Fire attack, a Moritat may roll To Hit six times each with up to two Pistol type weapons in the current Shooting phase.
  • Chain Fire attacks’ To Hit rolls may never be re-rolled, and weapons which do not roll To Hit may not make Chain Fire attacks. When making a Chain Fire attack for weapons with the Gets Hot or Melta special rules, roll each hit individually; if a 1 is rolled, stop rolling To Hit for that weapon immediately. No further To Hit rolls may be made with that weapon for the remainder of the phase.
  •  After making a Chain Fire attack, a Moritat may not declare a Charge in the following Assault phase.

I havent seen it mentioned at all yet but it looks like a Moritat can now Chain Fire every turn instead of every other turn as was previously the case.

So its basically up to 12 pistol shots a turn from one of these boys now.

• When attacking with Pistol weapons in the controlling player’s Shooting phase, the Moritat may declare a Chain Fire attack instead of making their normal shooting attacks. While making a Chain Fire attack, a Moritat may roll To Hit six times each with up to two Pistol type weapons in the current Shooting phase.
  • Chain Fire attacks’ To Hit rolls may never be re-rolled, and weapons which do not roll To Hit may not make Chain Fire attacks. When making a Chain Fire attack for weapons with the Gets Hot or Melta special rules, roll each hit individually; if a 1 is rolled, stop rolling To Hit for that weapon immediately. No further To Hit rolls may be made with that weapon for the remainder of the phase.
  • After making a Chain Fire attack, a Moritat may not declare a Charge in the following Assault phase.

I havent seen it mentioned at all yet but it looks like a Moritat can now Chain Fire every turn instead of every other turn as was previously the case.

Uhhhh nice catch.

That's shwifty and makes him actually playable.

Buffs to Mor Deythan, Moritats and Destroyers. FW making it extremely possible to field a fluffy and effective Raven Guard force.

You could....always do that though lol.

Decapitation strike is one of the most thematic and strategically flexible rites out there. And up until last year (as I mentioned above), mor deythan had implacable advance.

I know that. It's more of a case of the rich getting richer.

• After making a Chain Fire attack, a Moritat may not declare a Charge in the following Assault phase.

Huh. Nice spot, had totally missed that. My RG plasma Moritat likes that change. Hope all these buffs don't mean we see a swarm of Moritats in every army again like pre nerf of a few years back.

Huh. Nice spot, had totally missed that. My RG plasma Moritat likes that change. Hope all these buffs don't mean we see a swarm of Moritats in every army again like pre nerf of a few years back.

Nah, we'll probably see it rise back to a popular choice - but not the only one. It's back to being "useful" and not "crap" but not as Broken as it was.

Yea moritats are solid now, instead of one hitter-quitters.

I do wish kaedes nex had a higher cap or something, since his Pistols are...whatever. They have a nice range and Rending, but you really only want him for a cp stacking list. Chainfire every turn might help, but he's still pretty pricey for a 2 wound guy who can't join units.

You'd think they would nerf Russ too.

They did, The rules for The Armour Elvangar changed to be -1 ws only (to a max of 6's to hit) and no -2 on the second fight phase on, so he can always be hit.

Which is still too good when coupled with WS9

Archived