Age of Darkness FAQ

Joe

With the Destroyers now being a tad cheaper, I think I might add a unit to my World Eaters. Rad grenades, chainaxes, HoW, 2 attacks base. Might make a dent.

Plus: no FnP for wounds inflicted by them. :)
Did I miss something? Do destroyers block fnp now?
I think he was making a joke since FNP had some words added to the effect of “FNP may not be taken against *Destroyer* attacks.”

;)

Edit: D weapons...if that’s still confusing you lol

Moritat & destroyer errata are definitely a step in a right direction but it would require much more to make them playable IMHO. I think they should totally remove the rule "loner" (or how is it called), he still doesn't get buffs from anything, be it RoW or even FnP if they go with destroyers+apoth, which is quite silly. Let's not forget he's one of the more expensive consuls who still need loads of points on equip to be killy (140+).

Overall a really nice F&Q, not all at once, I know but hope in new FW is rising (at least when it comes to rules hehe)

With the Destroyers now being a tad cheaper, I think I might add a unit to my World Eaters. Rad grenades, chainaxes, HoW, 2 attacks base. Might make a dent.

Plus: no FnP for wounds inflicted by them. :)
Did I miss something? Do destroyers block fnp now?
I think he was making a joke since FNP had some words added to the effect of “FNP may not be taken against *Destroyer* attacks.”

;)

Edit: D weapons...if that’s still confusing you lol

Yes... I joked.... of course.... D'OH :facepalm:

Don't worry I'm just very tired, I appreciate the wordplay now lol

And I really thought, that they meant Destroyers. :(

They should legitimately make this a thing! Rad-bolts for Destroyers that block FNP, because their shells are laced with toxic heavy metals

And I really thought, that they meant Destroyers. :(
They should legitimately make this a thing! Rad-bolts for Destroyers that block FNP, because their shells are laced with toxic heavy metals
Yupp, that where my thoughts as well. :)

And I really thought, that they meant Destroyers. :sad.:
Yupp, that where my thoughts as well. :smile.:

This, but with Moritats!

Originally when they were designing them, they made one with awesome looking long barreled bolt pistols. I really never could understand why they didnt make rules for it. Yeah basic bolt pistols are very meh, but Phospex or Rad bolts....now thats awesome!

13781722_10209055464560005_8827157196021

I could see something like "flesheater rounds" for the moritat, containing a very small dose of the life eater virus, and a profile like this:

F4 (poisoned 4+ or 3+) AP3 Gets hot!

Flesh eater special rule: the dose of life eater virus inside every bolt round devours and melts the flesh, against which all medical equipmet is rendered useless. No "Feel no pain" rolls may be used against wounds caused by attacks from this weapon.

It could even be turned up to AP2 in exchange for "One use only", and it would obviously have to be costed accordingly, we don't need more undercosted options to melt whole marine squads in the game.

I think some upgrades would be a nice alternative. Not essential (encase you don't want to bloat the cost) but options.

I'd also not want them however to turn into the "Lazy Heresy" that Vets became with the Sniper trait (the best and most default option because easy access to AP2). I also think you don't want to tread on any toes of special legion stuff where possible (so something like Banestrike).

Shred is a good one and emulates the Death Guard Chem-Flamers to get the right feel, also helps against tougher targets but not causing imbalance. 

Poison 3+ would be a decent alternative aswell, but then perhaps you get a bit too good against the likes of Mechanicum and Custodes - however they are tough anyway! 4+ would be too weak, as then they are just the same against other marines as a S4 shot and worse against militia.

Rending I am personally against for the reason outlined above, it's too powerful - and also intrudes on seekers a touch.

I'd say Shred would be the way to go, but maybe supplement with a rule that lets them use pistols in combat too...?

I think some upgrades would be a nice alternative. Not essential (encase you don't want to bloat the cost) but options.

I'd also not want them however to turn into the "Lazy Heresy" that Vets became with the Sniper trait (the best and most default option because easy access to AP2). I also think you don't want to tread on any toes of special legion stuff where possible (so something like Banestrike).

Shred is a good one and emulates the Death Guard Chem-Flamers to get the right feel, also helps against tougher targets but not causing imbalance.

Poison 3+ would be a decent alternative aswell, but then perhaps you get a bit too good against the likes of Mechanicum and Custodes - however they are tough anyway! 4+ would be too weak, as then they are just the same against other marines as a S4 shot and worse against militia.

Rending I am personally against for the reason outlined above, it's too powerful - and also intrudes on seekers a touch.

I'd say Shred would be the way to go, but maybe supplement with a rule that lets them use pistols in combat too...?

Maybe something like the Chainfire rule from the Moritat in less potent scale?

Nah, I think its best to keep that as a Moritat specific thing (or I suppose Custodes got a crappy version with their new jump dudes).

Destoryers need a better quality of shot rather than just more S4 AP5, you can get that from Tacticools.

I have to disagree. I can't se eoptional ammo being a sign of "lazy heresy". Comparing them to sniper veterans is not quite right, vts were broken because of the cost and here we're talking 140pts for 5 + 20pts per additional dude. Of course I included jump packs becasue it's entirely pointless to put them in a proteus or rhino. That's 160 vs 240. Also - what exactly are destroyers? For a shooting unit they lack options with a any meaningfull punch, for a cc unit they lack even bsic cc options. They need focus.

As for the ideas, shred is worthless on just S4 AP5. It doesn't really help in anything because why anyone would target "tougher targets" with just bolt pistols? You have different weapons for that, really.

Poisoned is ok, especially because mechanicum or custodes who have AP3 power armour erasers in abudndance. But still rather fluffy not super usefull.

Rending is the best option IMHO, it's not old veteran SNIPER, just rending. Is it really that powerfull? I'm not mathammer man, but I have a feeling that max 20 bs4 rending shots is not auto deleter. I also don't know how does it takes away from the seekers - they are medium range, heavy one "sure" shot. Destroyers are mobile, short range...?

I'm not defending my ideas as a go to concept for destroyers, I sincerely hope FW will suprise us with new options.

(or I suppose Custodes got a crappy version with their new jump dudes).

THAT'S it!

Give 'em the Fan-burst rule. :)

Archived