Age of Darkness FAQ

Joe

Link for the Errata and playtest rules - https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Horus-Heresy-General-Errata-and-FAQ-v1.1.pdf

I'm too lazy to read all that, how was Magnus changed?

He's 495 base and you pay 175 for The Unrestrained Might of the Crimson King, he gains Infernal Bargain and Mind Wrath.

Big hits for me - 

Characters attached to Phalanx Warders get +1 WS as long as three PWs are still alive

Phalanx Warder Sergeants can take Solarite Gauntlets

Magnus & Porphyrion adjustments seem pretty good

Full rules list for Legion Inductees

CHUFFING DESTROYERS GONNA DESTROY

Slight un-nerf of Chain Fire for Moritats

Heralds can take Terminator armour, have fearless and implacable advance

Dorn & Perty can teleport

So excited for the Moritat changes. From what I can tell now you just roll 6 shots for each pistol and be done with it, unless they get hot... That's a sweet buff to inferno pistol BA Moritats - a much higher chance of even more hits.

Even Plasma is super viable now, you're likely to get at least a few shots off before being struck by the dreaded 1 roll, and that only stops fire for a single pistol!

I think they need to find a middle ground between this and super-heavy...since it can still take two ordnance weapons.

Anuj is on all the FB groups and the prevailing feeling of this is on there. I'm sure we'll see an update in a timely manner :)

I was leaning towards putting a pair in an upcoming Cult army, but between the cost of the model and it’s effectiveness compared to two Leman Russes for about the same points, I’ll stick with Russes. A shame, because I do really like those old relic Malcadors.

It just seems so nonsensical and half arsed. If thunderblitzing is somehow a problem Only for one of the cheap superheavies why not remove the specific problem rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It just seems so nonsensical and half arsed. If thunderblitzing is somehow a problem Only for one of the cheap superheavies why not remove the specific problem rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It's probably a strong case of "oh, didn't think of that..." :D

But it was also because it was a cheap way to suicide bomb your enemies by driving it into their lines and getting it to explode for the S:D titanic explosion.

So excited for the Moritat changes. From what I can tell now you just roll 6 shots for each pistol and be done with it, unless they get hot... That's a sweet buff to inferno pistol BA Moritats - a much higher chance of even more hits.

Chain fire overheat applies to melta weapons too now.

Even Plasma is super viable now, you're likely to get at least a few shots off before being struck by the dreaded 1 roll, and that only stops fire for a single pistol!

Any weapons with "Gets Hot" or "Melta" rules must have shots fired individually.

However if you have 2 volkite serpentas then you can roll 12 dice at once :) 

But it was also because it was a cheap way to suicide bomb your enemies by driving it into their lines and getting it to explode for the S:D titanic explosion.

So fix the catastrophic table? You can still load up on "cheap" minotaurs or groups of smaller Low, I just can't imagine this was a common enough problem to effectively eliminate the tank from the game...

It's just so idiotic, I'm just glad there is some widespread dislike for it, I'm pretty sure they could break pretty much any thing and still get applause.

Archived