For The Greater Good Timings

Holier Than Thou

I played my Khorne Daemons against my mate's T'au last night and when I declared a charge against a unit of Fire Warriors he said he would overwatch with them, rolled his hits and wounds, saw how many Bloodletters I lost then said he would use FTGG with a nearby unit, did the same, saw how many I lost then picked another unit to use FTGG. Is this right? The way I read the rule, he uses the ability WHEN I declare, so he has to say exactly which units will fire overwatch BEFORE he starts rolling dice.

Is there a specific rule that confirms how it should have played out?

He definitely has to declare all his FtGG at once. This makes it a lot more risky since he could easily overcommit and declare more units than he would have to which takes away their ability to overwatch that turn without having actually shot any overwatch at all.

What’s the wording of FtGG? If it’s ‘when a charge...’ then it’s all declared at the same time because when you start rolling die you have moved pass that timing step within the charge sequence.

The wording is “When an enemy unit declares a charge...”

So we fall back to simulation timing... which is shown in the shooting phase & CC phase as declaring all attacks and splits before resolving any.  This is the same as a single unit charging multiple targets.

Basically FtGG appears to allow the Tau player to act as though the units have been targeted by a charging unit.

Archived