Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XIX Legion True Scale project - Stories After Istvaan

Horus Heresy Raven Guard True Scale

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

I made a decision to start third (and again "final") project and Raven Guard was rather Natural choice.

This is where it all began.  Im gonna have 1 unit of mk6 tacticals.

8JsXuFV.jpg

Decided later to go with Phobos - looks better.
rko2ta9.jpg

Second squad is wearing mk3 armor. Thinking about making these Veterans but not sure 

d3vAOQV.jpg

zaMMBG8.jpg

Dark Fury hits fast and hard. Hope so...

VKqvuuN.jpg

Gotta have Apotechary with the group.
uK1YyTr.jpg

47noCAs.jpg

Im hoping to use Arvus Lighter with Raven Guard. Kind of suits them, taking a civilian vehicle when needed. Just what to put inside ? Melta Support team ? Il probably run IA / SA as allies so meaby them

bkTDNOI.jpg

Two Predators Join the force - probably gonna paint them next.

3TIaaT3.jpg

List of model comming up for the project.

10x Mk6 Tacticals - possibly 10 more.
10x mk2 / mk3 Support Squad witl Calivers
10x Dark Fury Assault Squad
10x Heavy Support Marines with Missile Launchers
2x Predators
1x Primaris Lightning 
1x Deredeo
3x Grav Cannon Rapiers
1x Damocles Command Rhino probably.
3 - 5 Characters of various types

Militia / Other legions will support this project with Castellax, Voraxes painted neutral theme.

Edited by Mekol, 11 February 2019 - 11:04 PM.

• Spaced Hulk, firestorm40k, Apologist and 5 others like this

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts

Killer stuff! I'm loving those Dark Furies

gallery_84811_11476_9558.jpg

Check out my truescale marines!

http://www.bolterand...on-hands-blog/

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

Love the looks of these guys. The Apothecary's jump pack is hilariously loaded with gear though :lol:

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Gederas - iv seen much, much  worse :D Primaris model is pretty much the same, Gotta have swag if you gonna do stuff anyway.

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,137 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

I didn't even realize they were Primaris until I saw the apothecary. How did you do the legs on the mk3 marines?

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,609 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Really solid work, particularly on the Furies and painting of the Lighter and bases.

How did you make the predator turret?

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts
Looking good, especially the MKVI (love that armour). I tried my hand on this method (cutting up the legs and using spacers), but my results have been a bit hit or miss. How did you get them to look so smooth 🙂? Edit: ...I realize you used Primaris legs now... Nevermind 😅

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 12 February 2019 - 02:41 PM.

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Cryptix - legs are CSM terminator legs. Just remove all the chains, and some magic with GS. Removing those smaller panels and start is really frustrating but pays of. I only did like 5 in a way i was really happy. 

Pearson 73 - Predator Turret is 3d printed. Wanted to test it out. Had some mk1 rhino front doors doing nothing and vola. Its ok - undercoat will hide most of the layers but mostly i just wanted to this this whole new thing to me out. After 4 - 10 years more people will have devices like these.

Ranulf - Yeah primaris legs are the answer. It is rather easy, not that time consuming but really monotonic work to convert them. One thing you need is cable roller from GSWorld to help with the cables.

Edited by Mekol, 13 February 2019 - 10:30 AM.

• Pearson73 likes this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts
Thank you, I might check that thing out. Tell my about monoton work... I build about 20 upscaled marines, and the process of cutting out plastic card spacers again and again... 😅

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 12 February 2019 - 06:50 PM.

• Mekol likes this

Markus_

Markus_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts

Looking good brother!

• Iron Bars likes this

Heresy era Death Guard and other 30k shenanigans

http://www.bolterand...tarions-finest/

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Started paiting my Mk6 marines. Still wip.

But fairly happy how they turn up. Just think RG theme is one of those legions that tend to look (in my mind) unfinished until pigments. Some other projects tend to "feel" ready much quicker.

Nc0p0D2.jpg

QH2Vw4U.jpg

4NQftJS.jpg

• firestorm40k, Apologist, Pearson73 and 3 others like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,609 posts

Some nice clean paintwork there, I look forward to seeing more.

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Second squad slooowly takings its shape. ILame Pappa Nurgle blessed me random virus and only thing I have been able to is some painting. 

Like with the previous squad i think that after battle damage I am happy with the results. Few photos before and after pigments.

rjHb2Xk.jpg

skNcmse.jpg

QAH2jPt.jpg

DHYo5Rv.jpgQAH2jPt.jpg

Edited by Mekol, 08 March 2019 - 01:22 PM.

• Doghouse, Centurion Jay, Bjorn Firewalker and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,023 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Pyroclast91

Pyroclast91

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders
Absolutely beautiful work on those raven guard they look fantastic.
VULKAN LIVES

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpgETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,609 posts

Solid work, nice weathering up from the base onto the shins.

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Final Images of mk6 squad. Did some light / heavy battle damage to armor and I call them done. DId not care to take pics after the base clean ups so this is what they end up look like.

Next time i hope to share some legion "Robots"  or a Deredeo.

Mk4Ijk8.jpg

T9jUrHf.jpg

Epm2oHK.jpg

9CpYHUx.jpg

LPnQDK0.jpg

Edited by Mekol, 12 March 2019 - 03:02 PM.

• Doghouse, Bjorn Firewalker, Brother Pheidias and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,023 posts
Well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,392 posts

Gorgeous Raven Guard.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,609 posts

Continuing the good work and weathering.

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,124 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy
Awesome work 😍

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

New Toys for the legion. Been paiting kind of lot for the past few weeks and i am fairly happy with the results.

First up - Deredeo.

b2cfEh4.jpg

yZjHYOt.jpg

I7FWwsA.jpg

fairly happy with this model. I do find it hard to bring some color to the weapons. Meaby bluish / purple grom from the start of the pipe ? I dunno...

Hid2659.jpg

• Doghouse, Centurion Jay, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,023 posts
Well done. I like the face you weathered his legs with dust matching the colors of the rocks decorating his base.

Mekol

Mekol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Some Battle-automas for the Legion

6rYm8lv.jpg

ViaG5s9.jpg

• Centurion Jay, sockwithaticket, Atia and 1 other like this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,124 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy
Really cool!

Oh, and a picture guide for turning Primaris into Mark VI would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Pearson73 and betrayer41 like this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horus Heresy, Raven Guard, True Scale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users