@Zebulon, those skulls are too small and will look awkward on Lemartes. Especially when you remember that they're supposed to be just a helmet and that there is an actual head inside.

Yeah, that’s the dilemma. The servo-skull is already small for a skull. The skull on chain could be build up and billed out with some GS but I doubt whether I can do that effectively. Which leaves either putting the basic helm on and selling it with the eventual paint job, or with buying a skull helmet somewhere...

Not sure what route to go

Sorry gents, I've got a lot on at the moment and it's also half term now :/

Will attempt an update either this evening or tomorrow. Bear with me please.

That said, you're all doing amazing work so far :tu: Keep it up :)

@Zebulon, Honestly I would do a death mask or a Reiver helmet if you have either of those options. You could also use the Chaos Space Marine skull and just shave off the heretical bits. You could also go helmetless. If nothing else, I'd go with the base line space marine helmet and paint it up to look menacing. 

Wow, you're kitbashing like crazy DBH :biggrin.:

@Zebulon, those skulls are too small and will look awkward on Lemartes. Especially when you remember that they're supposed to be just a helmet and that there is an actual head inside.

I really can't believe it either! I just really got excited about this event. I think it's because I was a finalist last year, and even though I'm :censored: with green stuff! I really like how I can kitbash things with just base line bits/sprue and they come out looking rather good. I was very proud of how Amir Baen came out last year (aka Gabriel Seth counts as).

Plus I haven't really assembled anything interesting in a while. While I love primaris, I'm a little disappointed that a lot of the new model kits do not have the wide variety of custominzation that the older stuff does. building heroes and giving them stories is what drew me into warhammer to begin with. I've done some pretty interesting things with my primaris, and the subtle changes I've made to them has been excellent. But its different when you are scratch building models and trying to figure out ways to make them work!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Kairan Sun

Vow Complete

Parts used:
Torso & Legs: Sanguinary Guard Sprue
Left & Right Arm (above hand) and Shoulder Death Company Sprue
Combi-Melta & Back Pack: Blood Angel Tactical Squad sprue
Deadman's hand/left hand: Intercessor sergeant from Dark Imperium box set
Iron Halo: Tactical Terminator sprue
Head: Blood Angel's Primaris Upgrade sprue

Notes: I'm extremely happy with how great this guy turned out to look. I absolutely love Tycho, and I've always wanted to kitbash one. For simplicity terms this captain will be a stand in, or be considered a possible pre-scarfication/weirdboy attack model. I feel like I'll probably paint him up Gold rather than standard red like I do with most of my other Carmine Blades. And I left the Carmine Blade insignia off him for a traditional personal heraldry that Erasmus is famous for, though; this will be Kairan Sun and I'll simply use him alongside the rules for Tycho.

I'll probably end up shaving off the grail attached at the left ankle, I really don't like it that much and I've already had two close encouners with disfiguring it anyways. I also don't feel like these pictures are really doing him much justice, but my natural light is dimming ever so slightly. And I'm taking pictures with my phone and not the high end digital camera that I should be taking these with. Anyways, I'm most proud of this one so far, but I really like all the others. I haven't decided on if I'll do a 6th vow yet. The other two I want to do would be a Sanguinar Priest on Bike or possibly a Techmarine on bike. But I have to get the bits for them. in the mean time I might brainstorm a lieutenant for Kairan or possibly even Calen.

If anyone wants to suggest a kitbash I might think it over and see what I can do :)

gallery_92746_14190_506436.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_305268.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_257929.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_235726.jpg

Kairan Sun

Vow Complete

Parts used:

Torso & Legs: Sanguinary Guard Sprue

Left & Right Arm (above hand) and Shoulder Death Company Sprue

Combi-Melta & Back Pack: Blood Angel Tactical Squad sprue

Deadman's hand/left hand: Intercessor sergeant from Dark Imperium box set

Iron Halo: Tactical Terminator sprue

Head: Blood Angel's Primaris Upgrade sprue

Notes: I'm extremely happy with how great this guy turned out to look. I absolutely love Tycho, and I've always wanted to kitbash one. For simplicity terms this captain will be a stand in, or be considered a possible pre-scarfication/weirdboy attack model. I feel like I'll probably paint him up Gold rather than standard red like I do with most of my other Carmine Blades. And I left the Carmine Blade insignia off him for a traditional personal heraldry that Erasmus is famous for, though; this will be Kairan Sun and I'll simply use him alongside the rules for Tycho.

I'll probably end up shaving off the grail attached at the left ankle, I really don't like it that much and I've already had two close encouners with disfiguring it anyways. I also don't feel like these pictures are really doing him much justice, but my natural light is dimming ever so slightly. And I'm taking pictures with my phone and not the high end digital camera that I should be taking these with. Anyways, I'm most proud of this one so far, but I really like all the others. I haven't decided on if I'll do a 6th vow yet. The other two I want to do would be a Sanguinar Priest on Bike or possibly a Techmarine on bike. But I have to get the bits for them. in the mean time I might brainstorm a lieutenant for Kairan or possibly even Calen.

If anyone wants to suggest a kitbash I might think it over and see what I can do :smile.:

gallery_92746_14190_506436.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_305268.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_257929.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_235726.jpg

Wow, I really like how you used the SG legs for the stepping up pose. very nice work :D

Can I submit a company veteran that I paint stripped, hacked to pieces and started from scratch?

I'm gonna pick this one up for Jole since he's been so busy.

In the rules Jole says he just needs to be a legal character entry at the time of submission. So I would call him a "Lieutenant" and then he can be whatever model (Fancy Sergeant/Veterant/etc) you want him to be in your army later on down the road.

@Djangomatic82 thanks mate. I'm really happy with how he's turned out. He may not last until the ETL cause I really want to paint him now. I've got plenty of other stuff I've prepped for the ETL this year anyways. :) (I think Jole can forgive me this time.)

Can I submit a company veteran that I paint stripped, hacked to pieces and started from scratch?

I'm gonna pick this one up for Jole since he's been so busy.

In the rules Jole says he just needs to be a legal character entry at the time of submission. So I would call him a "Lieutenant" and then he can be whatever model (Fancy Sergeant/Veterant/etc) you want him to be in your army later on down the road.

Company Veterans are still a thing in the Codex. I'm sure his question was more about the parts he's going to use for that model rather than the validity of the model rules-wise. ^^

I dread05, rise to the challenge of the The Great Baalite Bake off, and vow to kitbash one company veteran with jump pack on or before April 1st 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

The model right now is a pair of legs and a torso glued to a base. The parts i will use.

Legs from company command squad

Arms from the blood angels tactical squad

Torso from the vanguad veterans squad 

Head of the sternguard veterans squad

Shoulders from the blood angels tactical squad

Jump pack from the vanguard veterans squad

Plasmagun and auspex from the blood angels tactical squad

Right folks, all vows are logged and questions have been answered directly (I can always be contacted by PM if need be). I'll get around to the completions ASAP :tu:

The craftsmanship on display here is truly wonderful, I wonder how much more we'll see in the next four and a half weeks?

As for my vow, I wanted a specific chest piece but it turned out to be on another model :sweat: so I've had to order one in and it arrived today :) I've also had to change the pose completely as the thunder hammer I had in mind was left handed and not right handed...