I, Djangomatic82, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash a Company Champion on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

This may be an OOC entry as i am planning on using a pair of Assault terminator legs for the build (being the only legs i have on hand atm).

Vow complete

Front

gallery_101213_15263_1418511.jpg

Right

gallery_101213_15263_1476623.jpg[

Rear

gallery_101213_15263_739579.jpg

Left

gallery_101213_15263_713195.jpg

Angle

gallery_101213_15263_250818.jpg

med_gallery_101213_15263_1473276.jpg

med_gallery_101213_15263_400780.jpg

Parts Used

Head, Backpack standard/insignia thingy, left shoulder pad- Blood Angels upgrade sprue

Front torso, Counts as Power Sword- Sanguinary Guar torso+ glaive encarmine

Rear torso- rhino pintle gunner

Legs- Blood Angels Assault Terminator

Left Arm- Fangs of Ulfric Reiver sprue

Right arm+Bolt Pistol- Death Company box

Combat shield, back pack- Blood Angels assault squad

Putiry seals, grenades, pouches- bitz box, no real idea

Skull+jawbone- citadel skull box

Loincloth+rope- greenstuff

Base- Rocks,pummice, grass

EDIT: adding some bonus shots with the jump pack

med_gallery_101213_15263_398769.jpg

med_gallery_101213_15263_773860.jpg

med_gallery_101213_15263_451029.jpg

Congratulations on an excellent Company Champion completion - he looks really beefy! Particularly like the shot where he's taking lining up a shot with the pistol, well done!

Still time should you fancy another go :)

I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off for the second and last time, and vow to kitbash one Lieutenant "Sword of Sanguinius" (Jump pack) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood angels, whilst failure is not an option...

I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off for the second and last time, and vow to kitbash one Lieutenant "Sword of Sanguinius" (Jump pack) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Creative night... took the chance immediately, raided the spares box and...

Vow upheld! Here he is!

Front:

gallery_93095_13791_151711.jpg

Left:

gallery_93095_13791_232162.jpg

Rear:

gallery_93095_13791_319055.jpg

Right:

gallery_93095_13791_227638.jpg

Angle:

gallery_93095_13791_86750.jpg

Parts used:

1. Legs from 3rd ed tactical squad

2. Torso from BA tactical squad

3. Left arm Power fist from 2nd ed weapons sprue

4. Right arm & Plasma pistol from DC squad

5. Head from BA tactical squad

6. Jump pack from 3rd ed, somewhere...

7. Belt pouches, grenades and that long thing from BA tactical & 3rd ed tactical squad

8. Shoulder pads from who knows where...

And that concludes my contribution to GBBO 2019 :smile.:

Very nice "Sword of Sanguinius" build there Spyros: quick, effective, and a nice use of bits :)

Hope to see them getting a paint job later in there year :wink: and wear your badges with pride!

I, Ashenwyte, rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off and will kitbash a Blood Angels Captain with chainsword and some gun (can't decide yet) on or before April 1st, 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels  whilst failure is not an option...

Sorry for the late reply Ashenwyte, only I've been offline. Your vow is logged and we can't wait to see it :tu:

By all means, everyone loves pictures! Feel free to snap a dry-run too if you want :smile.:

I know that events can't be rigid and need to evolve - even when it's a tried and tested approach such as this one. Obviously I want as many people as possible to have the opportunity to be involved and to have fun doing so. Lets see how it all comes together and go from there, at least it wont be undercoated as a single model (which we definitely don't want) :smile.: You'll no doubt notice I've allowed the entry below so...

Thanks Jol!

Starting pic - Dante

DfQe99O.jpg

Legs - Sanguinary Guard box

Torso Front - Baal Predator gunner

Torso Back - Assault Sqd box

Left arm - sternguard vets box

Infernus pistol - BA tac sqd box

Right arm - vanguard vets box

Double axe - also VV box

Head - BA upgrade sprue

Laurel wreath - not certain. Maybe Command squad box?

Shoulderpads yet to be chosen but will probably be from BA upgrade sprue.

Possible additions of some GS details if I feel brave.

So, OOC or In-Competition? :smile.:

Edit: almost forgot the jump pack! I have a spare VV one, again unfortunately primed black. Will add pic if needed.

Lemartes & Captain Smash (Castigon of the 4th)

Before:

zvCWntE.jpg

Crozius from HH BaC Chaplain

Left arm from assault sqd box

Left hand is the one cut from the arm used on Dante

(Right) Bolt pistol arm from assault sqd box

Torso & jump pack from VV box

Legs from DC box

Left shoulderpad from BA upgrade sprue

Right shoulderpad possibly from Khorne Berserkers box?

Not decided on the head yet, either I convert up a skull, or I paint (but not yet) a helmet to look a bit skully, or I buy some Reivers and use a helmet from them. Not sure.

30atWD9.jpg

Jump pack from VV box

Helmet from Venerable Dreadnought box

Torso from assault sqd box

Left arm (TH) from assault sqd box

Left shoulderpad from BA upgrade sprue

Right arm (Shield) from Command sqd box

BA icon to be attached to shield, from Stormraven box I think.

Legs from Sternguard veterans box

Thanks for posting these Zebulon. In case anyone is wondering, whilst there are some undercoated bits in use it's nowhere near 100 % so I'm happy for bits to be used like that as we can still make out what's what. Basically we just want to try and avoid a blanket covering of paint that hides, well, everything.

Also, I can always be contacted by PM (unless I'm offline like last weekend...) if there are any questions and I miss them being posted :tu:

Calling these finished... let me know if any of the photos need re-taking.

Lemartes (super-happy with how he’s turned out)

https://imgur.com/gallery/Jjc8PbV

Dante

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wclhugt

Captain Smash (Castigon)

https://imgur.com/gallery/JUIQYCU

You should be happy with them too!

• Lemartes looks rightfully menacing and mimics the pose of the range model nicely. Great vision to see that :tu:
  • Dante has a great pose too, with a nice amount of momentum conveyed. Did you use the wreath in the end?
  • As for the Captain, I'm making a similar shield with the bolt pistol "hidden" behind it (might as well seeing as it always has one). Would you say he's at ease, or sizing up his next target?

Lovely use of parts on these too. Have any left for another go? ;)

I, Redshadow rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off, and vow to kitbash one primaris captain slam before April 1st, 2019.

Torso legs - intersessor

Head, arms jump pack - left over sanguinary guard

Thunder hammer - death company box

gallery_49024_15266_1380302.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_922662.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_59293.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_1186506.jpeg

All done vow complete

Might vow a primaris ancient later

Sorry for the late reply and congratulations on a very imposing Captain Smash! There's lovely little bits here and there but sadly I don't know where there are from other than your bits box - for example, what's the BA icon on your winged shield?

Also, could we get an angled shot of the model please?

Many thanks :) Oh, and the iron halo counts-as looks good too - I might have to steal it...

Vow 2 Complete

Radu Phaeron, The Crimson Blade: 2nd Company Champion and Personal guard to 2nd Company Captain Elija Gair.

Parts used:

Head Forgeworld HH helmet

Torso and Legs Tactical BA sprue

Back Tactical BA sprue

Left Shoulder Shape-ways 3D Printed Carmine Blade

Right Shoulder Company Command Squad

Sword and Board Company Command Squad

Flashy bit BA Primaris Upgrade Sprue

Banner Tactical Space Marine Squad (I think)

Third Vow: I DBH, Sanguinary Noviate of the Blood Angels Sub-Forum, and first of his name, invoke the right of re-vow, Vowing Arlando Jael, (Company Ancient) on or before April 1st. Success will bring honour to the Carmine Blades, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_92746_14190_489768.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_510167.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_522835.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_417336.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_315671.jpg

Nice little Champion; he's certainly nailed the "Champion" pose as he's about to change and/or raised the moral of others/being a focal point during the battle. Just a shame that the Shapweays bits never really show up on camera too well :dry.: Do we have the link to those on our parts database?

Arlando Jael is finished. I'll have pictures up before long. (I can't believe I've actually completed so many so far!) Watch this post for pictures and the invoking of Vow 4!

Parts used:

Head: Flesh Tearer from Deathwatch kit

Torso, Legs, Backpack: Blood Angels Tactical Sprue

Banner & Right shoulder: Company Command Squad

Boltgun/StormBolter: Sanguinary Guard

Left Shoulder: Carmine Blade 3D Printed shoulder

Various Bits: Sanguinary Guard bits & Blood Angels Tactical Squad bits

Vow Complete!

gallery_92746_14190_312652.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_19462.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_477995.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_54440.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_152377.jpg

Fourth Vow: I DBH, Sanguinary Noviate of the Blood Angels Sub-Forum, and first of his name, invoke the right of re-vow, Vowing Eisen Barr, (Sanguinary Noviate) on or before April 1st. Success will bring honour to the Carmine Blades, whilst failure is not an option...

Another great focal-point model there! Good use of bits to give a simple, yet striking model. Well done!

I, Redshadow rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off, and vow to kitbash one primaris Ancient before April 1st, 2019.

Torso legs - intersessor

Head, banner and a shoulder pad - sanguinary guard bits

Bolt rifle arms - intersessor kit

Other shoulder pad and blitz - tactical box

Base - conquest mag

med_gallery_49024_15266_555376.jpeg

Vow completed

1 Primaris Ancient finished

gallery_49024_15266_155115.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_175530.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_250420.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_260101.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_231853.jpeg

That may well be one of the best Primaris models I've seen. Great pose and I love how he's using the pistol :)

Time for more if you're up for it?

I, Redshadow rise to the challenge of The Great Baalite Bake Off, and vow to kitbash one primaris captain slam before April 1st, 2019.

Torso legs - intersessor

gallery_49024_15266_1380302.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_922662.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_59293.jpeg

gallery_49024_15266_1186506.jpeg

All done vow complete

Sorry for the late reply and congratulations on a very imposing Captain Smash! There's lovely little bits here and there but sadly I don't know where there are from other than your bits box - for example, what's the BA icon on your winged shield?

Many thanks :smile.: Oh, and the iron halo counts-as looks good too - I might have to steal it...

I probably wouldn't have bothered with that iron halo counts-as considering the helmet already has an iron halo but yeah I too think it looks great. Did something similar for my own Captain Smash. :D

Eisen Barr

Vow Complete

Bits used;

Head: BA Primaris upgrade sprue

Torso, backpack, left arm, & right shoulder: company command squad sprue

Left Shoulder carmine blade 3D printed

Legs: vanguard veteran sprue

Gun holster: BA tactical squad sprue

Holstered chainsword: Mark III tactical squad sprue

Right arm: Death Company chainsword cut

Grail: gen1 BA upgrade sprue

gallery_92746_14190_240654.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_158718.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_565922.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_438718.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_88027.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_92721.jpg

Now that right there is exquisite - in fact, I might take my old one apart and use this for ideas...

Never seen those legs (I don't own the VAS box yet) but they really fit our aesthetics and they make an excellent platform for displaying movement. Never thought to use those chainswords on the Priest either which works a treat too :happy.: Brilliant job imo.

Kairan Sun

Vow Complete

Parts used:

Torso & Legs: Sanguinary Guard Sprue

Left & Right Arm (above hand) and Shoulder Death Company Sprue

Combi-Melta & Back Pack: Blood Angel Tactical Squad sprue

Deadman's hand/left hand: Intercessor sergeant from Dark Imperium box set

Iron Halo: Tactical Terminator sprue

Head: Blood Angel's Primaris Upgrade sprue

Notes: I'm extremely happy with how great this guy turned out to look. I absolutely love Tycho, and I've always wanted to kitbash one. For simplicity terms this captain will be a stand in, or be considered a possible pre-scarfication/weirdboy attack model. I feel like I'll probably paint him up Gold rather than standard red like I do with most of my other Carmine Blades. And I left the Carmine Blade insignia off him for a traditional personal heraldry that Erasmus is famous for, though; this will be Kairan Sun and I'll simply use him alongside the rules for Tycho.

I'll probably end up shaving off the grail attached at the left ankle, I really don't like it that much and I've already had two close encouners with disfiguring it anyways. I also don't feel like these pictures are really doing him much justice, but my natural light is dimming ever so slightly. And I'm taking pictures with my phone and not the high end digital camera that I should be taking these with. Anyways, I'm most proud of this one so far, but I really like all the others. I haven't decided on if I'll do a 6th vow yet. The other two I want to do would be a Sanguinar Priest on Bike or possibly a Techmarine on bike. But I have to get the bits for them. in the mean time I might brainstorm a lieutenant for Kairan or possibly even Calen.

If anyone wants to suggest a kitbash I might think it over and see what I can do :smile.:

gallery_92746_14190_506436.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_305268.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_257929.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_235726.jpg

You should be rightly proud of that, another fantastic entry - really glad you're taking the event in your stride!

Interesting to see how the Intercessor hand fits on a regular model. You can also see how the Weirdboy landed a hit on Tycho - who's idea was it to have service studs? Lightning rods for psychic attacks if you ask me...

Just under a month if you fancy another go. If not, take a break and undercoat them for a certain ETL TITLE DEFENSE* in May...

* It's not going to get old saying that...

I dread05, rise to the challenge of the The Great Baalite Bake off, and vow to kitbash one company veteran with jump pack on or before April 1st 2019. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

The model right now is a pair of legs and a torso glued to a base. The parts i will use.

Legs from company command squad

Arms from the blood angels tactical squad

Torso from the vanguad veterans squad 

Head of the sternguard veterans squad

Shoulders from the blood angels tactical squad

Jump pack from the vanguard veterans squad

Plasmagun and auspex from the blood angels tactical squad

Welcome to the event! I've gone ahead and logged this as a Lieutenant as per our PM conversation as an in-competition entry needs to have the CHARACTER keyword. From the parts list, perhaps you could make that a combi-plasma?

Thing is though, it's your model for your collection, so if you want to make a Company Veteran then go ahead - OOC entries still award the participation badge :)

Thereon is complete.

Parts used:

Front Torso and Legs: Dark Vengeance TDA model

Back: Tactical Terminator Squad

Lightning Claw, Banner and shoulders: Blood Angel Assault Terminator

Various Bits: Death Company chainsword and bolt pistol iconograpy carefully removed and refitted, As well as well as Blood Angels Assault Sprue.

Second Vow: I DBH, Sanguinary Noviate of the Blood Angels Sub-Forum, and first of his name, invoke the right of re-vow, Vowing Radu Phaeron, The Crimson Blade (Company Champion) on or before April 1st. Success will bring honour to the Carmine Blades, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_92746_14190_246082.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_620760.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_654700.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_18646.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_834134.jpg

Umm'd and arr'd about this model but from looking at the DV models the Torso and legs are joined meaning that unless you did a swap (and you don't appear to) it falls foul of the parts restrictions like an "easy to build" model would. As such it's been listed as OOC.

However, I want to stress that this should not detract from what is a unique TDA Ancient model and I applaud the effort put in to convert it to the correct Angels :wink:

Be good to see him painted up :tu:

Updated to here

Having just done a large update, if everyone could check over their own vows/completions that would be great :thumbsup:

Just wanted to thank everyone for their patience so far, updates should be more prompt going forward as we enter the final month of the GBBO heats. At the end of the month, the judges chose the best ten and these will be voted on by the B&C to see who is the Master Artisan of the GBBO for 2019! Currently we have fifteen completions so get creating and posting!

Edited by Jolemai

Torso legs - intersessor

gallery_49024_15266_1380302.jpeggallery_49024_15266_922662.jpeggallery_49024_15266_59293.jpeggallery_49024_15266_1186506.jpeg

All done vow complete

Many thanks :) Oh, and the iron halo counts-as looks good too - I might have to steal it...

The little blood drop on the shield is from the blood angels tactical box, the winged cup is from sanguinary guard box.

med_gallery_49024_15266_642707.jpeg

You should be happy with them too!

• Lemartes looks rightfully menacing and mimics the pose of the range model nicely. Great vision to see that :tu:
  • Dante has a great pose too, with a nice amount of momentum conveyed. Did you use the wreath in the end?
  • As for the Captain, I'm making a similar shield with the bolt pistol "hidden" behind it (might as well seeing as it always has one). Would you say he's at ease, or sizing up his next target?
Lovely use of parts on these too. Have any left for another go? ;)

Thanks Jol :)

Yes I wanted to make Lemartes as close to the original as I could while using custom parts.

The original Dante is aiming his pistol and swinging his axe at the same time: I thought “focus on one of these” so it’s melee first for my Dante. You caught me re: the wreath! As I cut into it, the end pinged off and was lost, so I decided to go without.

I see that Captain as having landed from a jump, and is stepping forward about to launch himself towards his target, brandishing his hammer and bringing up his shield. So there’s a definite intent and forward motion that should be inferred.

I might do some more Captains - having done several for the last ETL I am tempted to model the whole pre-Devastation of Baal Chapter Command for BA.

Here’s where I am at:

Dante - modelled but not painted

Lemartes - modelled but not painted

Mephiston - not modelled yet

Corbulo - not modelled yet

Karlaen - did a counts-as last year but might do an actual Karlaen this year.

Aphael - not modelled yet

Antargo - not modelled yet

Castigon - modelled but not painted

Sendini - done

Raxiatel - not modelled yet

Phaeton - done

Zedrenael - not modelled yet

Sendroth - not modelled yet

Borgio - not modelled yet

So, that could work out well. Only thing is trying to work out what wargear for each of them and trying to make them sufficiently unique. I have some ideas though...

Certainly welcome to enter more should you feel suitably inspired :)

Speaking of which, any more entries or progress folks?

I'm kind of dilly dallying right now. I have a lieutenant I'm playing around with but he's mostly painted.

I've been dry fitting a bike sergeant that I could double as a captain on bike index entry. My goal is a Cloud Strife pose inspired by final fantasy 7.

Alternatively I've got the old metal BA techmarine that came along in like 4th-5th ed? It's just a metal torso, head, and axe arm. But there's not a whole lot one can do with that. I do fancy an index techmarine. He's just expensive. The bike version would be great, but I'm having trouble getting a servo harness/arm that I actually like.

I'm kind of dilly dallying right now. I have a lieutenant I'm playing around with but he's mostly painted.

I've been dry fitting a bike sergeant that I could double as a captain on bike index entry. My goal is a Cloud Strife pose inspired by final fantasy 7.

Alternatively I've got the old metal BA techmarine that came along in like 4th-5th ed? It's just a metal torso, head, and axe arm. But there's not a whole lot one can do with that. I do fancy an index techmarine. He's just expensive. The bike version would be great, but I'm having trouble getting a servo harness/arm that I actually like.

You had me at ff7 pose........,

Pics please

Pics please

I'll post a picture for you later. ;)

Certainly welcome to enter more should you feel suitably inspired :smile.:

Pics please

This.

I'm thinking of something, but having a bit of an issue sourcing the parts. Ebay's and other sites have been no help. I think  i can manage, but it all depends on time, sigh.

The event closes on the 1st April so it's still possible :) If you can't manage though, don't worry about it :)