Drukhari Paint Schemes

Grimoire

All,

Looking for some examples for a few of the wyche cults. Cult of Strife and Cult of the Red Grief are easily found. But does anyone have some ideas for some of the others ? Either based in Fluff of otherwise.

Strife: Incubi Darkness, Kabalite Green, and Sybarite Green with Red Hair

Cult Of Strife

Grief: Mephiston Red, Wild Rider Red, Fire Dragon Blight with Blue Hair

Cult of the Red Grief

A Scheme with Purple Armour plates might be good ? Any ideas there ?

Regards

Bill

I guess I wasn't clear and for that I apologize. I'm pretty new at this and  there really aren't any good sources for modelling paints locally. Add to this the problem(s) of trying to decipher on-line images to determine the colors used.  GW doesn't exactly help with their naming scheme but anyway to clarify. Purple armor sound interesting but the shades ? and the Highlight colors to use ?

Any better ?

Regards

Ah I see, if you're looking for help on paints/painting then the Forge is probably the best place to go as that's where the experts live :wink: Purple is a rather nice colour that I've used a fair bit, it's quite versatile too. For example I used Naggaroth Night with a good Drakenhof Nightshade wash on my Thousand Sons here:

gallery_30308_15068_20537.jpg

Which creates quite a bold colour that leans towards a blue at times. You could take Hormagaunt Purple (or whatever it's called if that's the old name?) for a much lighter purple, almost pastel, for something quite different so it depends on what sort of purple you're thinking of :smile.: I think a darker one is an easy fit for DE but that doesn't mean the only one :wink:

I think it's a good colour for adjusting for washes too, as I have done with the blue wash above but probably not many options that'd work well? Hope this helps you get started :thumbsup:

Thanks :biggrin.: Sounds like you have a plan, I'm pretty sure I got Xereus Purple to work with my purple I think it was as a highlight? Not that I've used it yet. From my experimenting I don't think I found Druchii Violet to do much with Naggaroth as it's quite a "strong" colour by itself, but it may yield better results with the raised areas of DE models. Don't forget to update the topic for us once you've started work :thumbsup:

My Faithful seeing eye dog and I finally are nearing completion of my first Purple Schemed Wyche. Still a work in progress. Haven't highlighted the Wychesuit yet :)

My Cult Hekatrix 02

Cult for her hasn't been determined yet. It won't be Strife or Grief.  Based on Warriorfish's recommendations I used the following:

Naggaroth Night

no shade on this one but either Dragonhof Nightshade or Druchii Violet most likely

Xereus Purple - Highlight

Genestealer Purple - Highlight

Hair I decided to opt for Green(ish):

Caliban Green

Coelia Greenshade

Warpstone Glow

Moot Green

Caveat: I am a really lousy painter. Half blind *and* old lol

Comments welcomed including a potential Cult for Her

Regards

Archived