Would you buy differently-posed Primarch models/figures?

Mazryonh

Mazryonh, we actually agree on that, in my first post I mentioned that I would have liked to see him commanding the troops :biggrin.:.

And queen_annes_revenge, those are fighting words! I demand a duel at dawn!

If you can show me something cool about the IF, I will concede. As a traitor legion guy, the only loyalists I can get into are the white scars and Dark and Blood angels really. You got a cool model though. I'd buy it if i could figure something to convert him to. maybe a chaos lord.

I’d love to see an alternative Alpharius/Omegon, then field both.

Someone on here did an awesome conversion a while ago. Looked bloody amazing.

Cheers

Vogon

When he first came out I wanted to buy 2 and do an AO diorama base, then I saw his price :O

Mazryonh, we actually agree on that, in my first post I mentioned that I would have liked to see him commanding the troops :biggrin.:.

And queen_annes_revenge, those are fighting words! I demand a duel at dawn!

Maybe you'd be happier with getting together for a friendly game of 30k instead?

I’d love to see an alternative Alpharius/Omegon, then field both.

Someone on here did an awesome conversion a while ago. Looked bloody amazing.

Cheers

Vogon

I'm surprised that FW hasn't put out separate rules for Omegon as well, in his guise as the captain of Alpharius' bodyguard unit. There should also be an option to field both twins together with special rules for the duo too.

84858618485861848586119624909_1040366216

Felt I had to share this very nice kitbash of Guilliman. Now this is an alternate pose for Guilliman I would have liked to buy from FW.

The Primaris Boltgun and the MKVII helmet just screams 40k to me which makes it look unfitting although of course great custom job.

Felt I had to share this very nice kitbash of Guilliman. Now this is an alternate pose for Guilliman I would have liked to buy from FW.
The Primaris Boltgun and the MKVII helmet just screams 40k to me which makes it look unfitting although of course great custom job.

Mark VII was made DURING the Heresy. The Fists were the first to use it en-mass during the Siege of Terra. Also, if you look, Dorn and Guilliman's bolters on their FW models are roughly the size of a Primaris Bolt Rifle.

Mark VII was made DURING the Heresy. The Fists were the first to use it en-mass during the Siege of Terra. Also, if you look, Dorn and Guilliman's bolters on their FW models are roughly the size of a Primaris Bolt Rifle.
But they are NOT Primaris Boltguns. And that's the whole point. And I know that MKVII was made during Heresy but it still screams 40k to me.

Don't get me wrong. It looks fantastic.

Absolutely great conversion and even better paintjob but to me it looks too modern. :)

Edited by Gorgoff

It was never used en masse. The development project was moved to Terra just before the Martian civil war kicked off properly and it was available in very limited numbers to the Loyalist Legions at the Siege, though that may well change once FW get to that stage.

That said, while I agree with Gorgoff that the helmet does look distinctly 40k, there are variations of the MKIV helmet that share similar features. So the use of it can definitely be justified.

As for the bolters, the ones included with the FW models are nowhere near the size of the Primaris bolt rifles. They're only slightly larger than regular bolters of the era, in keeping with the trend of the Primarchs' ranged weapons being relatively small due to the archeotech/their highly artificed nature (as seen on the other models).

Edited by Fenbain

That is a decent conversion, but aesthetically I dont like the look of large rifles being pointed one handed. And yeah before anyone says, I'm aware a primarch would be more than capable of doing that blah blah, but it just doesnt look right, it looks too front heavy.

Edited by queen_annes_revenge

• 6 months later...