Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemon Rumour Engine - Feb 13 2019

Rumour Engine Rumor Engine

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

Surely the daemon will grace us with more warp infused knowledge any time now? (There was supposed to be another tease today right?)

From the 40k Facebook, just about 10 minutes ago.

We said there'd be another Daemon Rumour Engine, and there's still plenty of today left!

I think the Regimental Standard's being posted first though.

Edit: The game is afoot!

DaemonEngine2-Feb13-Image1hvrgxc.jpg

Edited by Brother Casman, 15 February 2019 - 01:33 PM.
Added tags

• RolandTHTG and Son of Carnelian like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,028 posts
The Daemon Engine – 13th February, 2019

AH, MORTAL – YOU RETURN FOR ANOTHER SANITY-SHATTERING INSTALMENT OF THE DAEMON ENGINE!

IF YESTERDAY’S DARK VISIONS OF THE FUTURE DID NOT BREAK YOU, THEN PERHAPS TODAY’S WILL.

DaemonEngine2-Feb13-Image1hvrgxc.jpg

IF YOU’RE STILL CAPABLE OF RATIONAL THOUGHT AFTER GAZING UPON SUCH A SIGHT, THEN AMUSE ME BY GUESSING AT WHAT IT COULD BE ON THE WARHAMMER 40,000 FACEBOOK PAGE – AND RETURN TOMORROW FOR A FURTHER GLIMPSE OF WHAT AWAITS YOU…

------------

honestly.

looks like a wulfen paw pad.

but its chaos

banana

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

Now we can be almost certain that foot belongs to like a possessed marine or whatever, but I can't be the only one that looks at it and hope it's the foot of some sort of cute, armored chaotic bear right? Right?

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,028 posts

Now we can be almost certain that foot belongs to like a possessed marine or whatever, but I can't be the only one that looks at it and hope it's the foot of some sort of cute, armored chaotic bear right? Right?

=D

WEREBEAR!

• firestorm40k and Gederas like this
banana

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,613 posts
That has to be possessed. Mutant feet coming out of power armor.

Edited by Tyriks, 14 February 2019 - 03:28 AM.

• SickSix likes this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

It's one of those Space Wolf wolfy guys! tongue.png

Edited by Excessus, 13 February 2019 - 05:59 PM.

• Gederas likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

The game is afoot!

I also thought about the Wulfen, but they're hairier and wear nothing from the knee down, the weirdos.

Probably another look at the Possessed. Can't imagine what else it could possibly be.

• Doctor Perils likes this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

It's the zoo fight you've always wanted to see, the fenrisian greatwolf versus the ursus hereticus!

Celtic_cauldron

Celtic_cauldron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords
You can see our famous trims on the armour. Chaos Possessed for sure.

Celtic_cauldron

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,168 posts
Could this be a mutilator? No insight just speculation if they are replacing Oblits it would make sense to redo the mutilator too, I'd prefer them to disappear into the warp for the horrible models ☺

Bloodmaster

Bloodmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
So, with another piece shown and yet another promised for tomorrow what are the chances we might see shadowspear revealed for pre-order this Sunday, with the pre-order the following Saturday. That would put the actual release of the box the weekend before the Tuesday on which vigilus sees the arrival of our favorite Warmaster.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well it's hard to see any scale ... I'd say either Possessed or Mutilator. It would give Mutilators a more dynamic look than the Obliterators, implying they want to charge forward into melee instead of standing somewhere and shoot.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

In the some of the new artwork from the Blood Angels Codex there's a scene where Primaris fight against what looks like possessed Chaos Marines with big bat-like wings. I know it's just artwork but the one foot looks like a dead match.

Top right, fighting the Inceptors.

3hzsahmyvu101.jpg

Edited by NTaW, 13 February 2019 - 06:26 PM.

• Cheex, Dracos, Son of Carnelian and 3 others like this

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,260 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

They might do a whole range of Black Legion specific units. *snip*

I hope not, they are the vanilla of chaos and shouldn't have too many unique units, they already get to use Cult units anyway. If the BL get loads of stuff just for them then those damn Ultramarine players will want unique units too!!! That would be madness I tell you, MADNESS!!!!!!!!!

Possessed Terminators on the other hand would be nice...
That's what Mutilators are supposed to be ):

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

That's an ironic post from someone named excessus :P

No but in all honesty, I'm just so darn happy were getting actual CSM updates. I don't even play the army but these models look a lot more like how I've always thought they "should" look. Super excited about the talkative daemon returning tomorrow!

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

In the some of the new artwork from the Blood Angels Codex there's a scene where Primaris fight against what looks like possessed Chaos Marines with big bat-like wings. I know it's just artwork but the one foot looks like a dead match.

3hzsahmyvu101.jpg

Well this is it, right under our nose! They're even Black Legion too.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

The question is: Why introduce a squad of flying CQC Chaos Marines when Warp Talons already exist? Yeah they're Possessed (I suppose?), but does that make them different enough?

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Top right, fighting the Inceptors.3hzsahmyvu101.jpg

Nice, wonder what other codex have.

The other question is: what are the white/gold winged things coming from the sky on the BA side?
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

THUNDERFISTS

THUNDERFISTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts

The question is: Why introduce a squad of flying CQC Chaos Marines when Warp Talons already exist? Yeah they're Possessed (I suppose?), but does that make them different enough?

Give Possessed a 12" move with the FLY and RAPTOR keywords and suddenly they might be quite good. That gives Haarkon a purpose too.

• Raven1 likes this

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

Nice, wonder what other codex have.

The other question is: what are the white/gold winged things coming from the sky on the BA side?

Sanguinary Guard likely.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,613 posts
They look like angels and the closest one (right over the statue) clearly has golden armor. Has to be Sanguinary Guard.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

Give Possessed a 12" move with the FLY and RAPTOR keywords and suddenly they might be quite good. That gives Haarkon a purpose too.

If this happens, I'll start calling Haarken the Wicked Witch of the Warp.

• Guzzlrr, Ammonius, THUNDERFISTS and 1 other like this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

They look like angels and the closest one (right over the statue) clearly has golden armor. Has to be Sanguinary Guard.

Seems like alot of Sanguinary Guard... Oh well I have drive. This too off subject already
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 117 posts

100% SG. The artist gave them real wings by mistake. The same issue was with Astorath art in 5th ed codex (6th ed? well, the Matt Ward one: http://wh40k.lexican...AstorathArt.jpg )

Edited by Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla, 13 February 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,028 posts

3hzsahmyvu101.jpg

WELL that certainly would go with the rumor that some sort of unit of rivers with jump jets is coming along with this.

banana

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rumour Engine, Rumor Engine

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users