Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemon Rumour Engine - Feb 13 2019

Rumour Engine Rumor Engine

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,058 posts
  • Faction: Relictors
I really wish they wouldn’t drag this stuff out. The teasers are obvious. I’d prefer they showcase it and own it. Tease things that are a ways out & not obvious.
  • Juggernut likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

The Death Guard was dragging stuff out, with the teases from March to October. This is a fun little thing that, if anything, tells me we'll see the full reveal sooner rather than later. I've been waiting for longer than a decade for this, I can wait a couple weeks more, and GW giving it some pomp and circumstance with a dash of humour helps.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts
  • Faction: It changes with the season
This is my guess: the right arm of the forbidden one.

Now in Technicolor!

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

In the some of the new artwork from the Blood Angels Codex there's a scene where Primaris fight against what looks like possessed Chaos Marines with big bat-like wings. I know it's just artwork but the one foot looks like a dead match.

Top right, fighting the Inceptors.

3hzsahmyvu101.jpg

Does this mean possessed get access to (FLY) keyword again? :)

• Doctor Perils likes this

J25oay8.jpg

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,841 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

I hope Posessed get some new options and abilities, a flamer attack like they had in DoW would be super awesome.

• Doctor Perils likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
Looking at the picture again, I don't see any weapon but lightning claws which makes me thing it isn't possessed but warp talons or a new unit.

Edit: Another options is maybe a new unit of possessed kind of like a counter-primaris.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 14 February 2019 - 04:46 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,260 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

The best thing that could happen to possessed (and mutilators, obliterators, and everything else with the DAEMON keyword in Codex:CSM) would be to pick up the God-specific abilities that Daemons get, for free. Maybe obliterators would have to go up a bit because 2+ 4++ 3w, but then if they do that they give up endless cacophonies. Overall though, It'd really make them more viable.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts

What makes me laugh about the daemon engine is just the completely unthreatening nature of the daemon.

I'd like to think the majority of lesser daemon all act like this, saying and doing things completely mundane while spouting crap like "DOES THIS MAKE YOU GO INSANE, MORTAL? I BET IT DOES. I'M SUCH A SCARY DAEMON!"

• Magos Takatus, evilhomer, Excessus and 4 others like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

What makes me laugh about the daemon engine is just the completely unthreatening nature of the daemon.

I'd like to think the majority of lesser daemon all act like this, saying and doing things completely mundane while spouting crap like "DOES THIS MAKE YOU GO INSANE, MORTAL? I BET IT DOES. I'M SUCH A SCARY DAEMON!"

Yeah, the daemon possessing the rumour engine is definitely a lesser daemon puffing itself up to scare people! :D

I wonder what today's reveal will be. We've seen a claw, backpack and foot already... Helm? Chest?

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Yeah, the daemon possessing the rumour engine is definitely a lesser daemon puffing itself up to scare people! :D

I wonder what today's reveal will be. We've seen a claw, backpack and foot already... Helm? Chest?

Slaaneshi players: "Groin plate!'
  • Excessus, Doctor Perils and Nemerax like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Yeah, the daemon possessing the rumour engine is definitely a lesser daemon puffing itself up to scare people! biggrin.png

Slaaneshi players: "Groin plate!'

Well, it IS valentine's day after all... ;)

• firestorm40k, Triszin, Marshal Loss and 3 others like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rumour Engine, Rumor Engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users