Does the Inquisition have authority over Guilliman?

Just wondering, as far as I am aware and correct me if I'm wrong, but the Inquisition was formed to make sure nothing like the Heresy happens again, so In theory an Inquisitor has the power to question Guillimans 'trust me I'm in charge' claim?

As its not just the Ultramarines who were there for Guillimans revival could an Inquisitor declare him a Heretic considering he was bought back with Eldar death magic?

Well if he gets his head caved in then that declares Guilliman as a heretic anyway... Win win situation lol

Finally got some background fluff for my next Inquisitor... Bobby G is a xenos sleeper cell currently ruling the Imperium of man, the Primaris are abominations and must be put down. Instead of my dislike for the current lore and the primaris spilling over into my posts I have decided to take it to the tabletop and launch a crusade of TRUE Astartes against local Primaris players... :wub: 

Pur Martyred Lady will shed some light on this. The audio book coming 23rd of Feb.

Celestine and Greyfax are trying to stop a civil war in the Imperium post Guilliman return.

Sounds good, Ill deffo give that a listen to... 

Of course, one would have to ask the question: how did the Inquistor find out the details of what happened on Macragge all those years ago? :wink:

He could have been an Interrogator working under Greyfax maybe, or another Inquisitor who stumbled upon info from Greyfax reporting back to her superiors and thought 'hmmm that doesn't make sense'. Tbh I never thought about that, thanks for bringing it up. :tu:

[snip]

He could have been an Interrogator working under Greyfax maybe, or another Inquisitor who stumbled upon info from Greyfax reporting back to her superiors and thought 'hmmm that doesn't make sense'. Tbh I never thought about that, thanks for bringing it up. :thumbsup:

Yeah, no prob - I do enjoy a good backstory, and this seems like it could happen in a setting like 40k.

If Custodes outrank the Inquisition, which seems pretty Implicit, then Guilliman as the Emperor's Regent does too.

Also, as the Emperor's Regent, everything he does (unless it directly threatens the Emperor) is for the good of the Imperium, because he effectively IS the Imperium.

Also, being backed by the Custodes, the vast majority (if not all) of the Loyal Chapters, and I'd expect the Soritas too, through the involvement of Celestine, it's a pretty unassailable position.

Rik

But shes chill with Xenos Psykers giving mouth to mouth with a Primarch... She should have put them all down with a bolt round to the cranium...

Weellll... there was a lot going on at the time, what with the Black Legion assault happening. :tongue.:

If Custodes outrank the Inquisition, which seems pretty Implicit, then Guilliman as the Emperor's Regent does too.

Also, as the Emperor's Regent, everything he does (unless it directly threatens the Emperor) is for the good of the Imperium, because he effectively IS the Imperium.

Also, being backed by the Custodes, the vast majority (if not all) of the Loyal Chapters, and I'd expect the Soritas too, through the involvement of Celestine, it's a pretty unassailable position.

Rik

Good point, but whats the point in having an Inquisition if they cant do their job?

Rik

Good point, but whats the point in having an Inquisition if they cant do their job?

They can do their job, investigating, eleminating and preventing threats to The Emperor and His Regent and by extension The Imperium.

Also, I think the balance really is tipped by the fact even if the entire Inquisition decided that they disapprove:

1. He out-ranks them, so they're wrong, and he can bring the full military force of the Imperium (or his own big metal gloves and flaming sword) to bear until they change their minds.
  2. Do they actually have any way they can be sure of to take him down, they were pretty sure he was dead last time.

I'd imagine the Inquisition are treading pretty lightly around the topic.

Rik

The inquisition is set apart from the rest of the Imperium and, theoretically, is ranked only below the Emperor himself.

That being said, even in 40k a bit a realism has to occur.

1) The Custodes - These guys are unimpeachable and their mandate pre-dates the inquisition itself. Anything related to the palace and Him is under their purview and no inquisitor worth is rosette would question that.

2) Guilleman - This guy has too many things going for him. He's met the Emperor and, supposedly, gotten his approval. He is Imperial Regent of the Imperium. He is a primarch with an unimpeachable record of loyalty. He is popular and basically saved the Imperium. Moving against him is a good way to, at best, throw the Imperium into civil war. Again, no inquisitor worth their rosette would do it.

3) Space Marines - These guys basically stand outside the Imperium. While that doesn't set the apart from the inquisition's authority, they have the independence and power to make any investigation into them and influence on them difficult at best.

4) Adeptus Mechanicus - See above but with servitors and tech assassins.

True true. 

Still think one man should not rule on his own, especially one with connections to Xenos. Bloody Heretics... 

The Emperor ruled on his own, and made deals with the Chaos Gods, and would have made deals with the Eldar if the right deal could be made.

Rik

Archived