Why are there no Tau, Eldar or Ork Genestealer Cults?

Axineton

In one of the Ciaphas Cain books there's a situation involving a genestealer cult infecting an Imperial world. Said world is currently engaged in an odd hostilities/cease-fire situation with T'au forces on the planet. At the end of the book,

Cain and the survivors of an excursion into the cult's domain discover that people can be infected by the Genestealers, and Vail/Cain executes one of their own men. Two wounded T'au survivors are being carried onto a T'au craft, and Cain realises that they could only have survived by being infected too, and goes to stop the extraction and warn the T'au - only for Vail to stop him because it suits the Imperium if the T'au planets are riven by civil war/draw the Tyranids.

The one bottom left with the curved shoulder pad from the Boyz sprue of the time is the only Ork Hybrid model GW produced, part the Freebootaz range of metal/plastic hybrids. Rest of those models are all either from the Ork or Genestealer ranges of the time.

This. I was going to post along these lines, but I was beaten to it :lol:

That said, when Stealer cults first had a Codex, it was stated quite emphatically, that using Orks as a breeding species was an act of utter desperation and would suffice until a better host race was found (humans). Also, Orks, according to the old lore, were quite sensitive to Ork Hybrids, as in they knew immediately something was wrong with them and would nearly always be driven off before a Klan was completely taken over.

Humans are the perfect race for infection. Their breeding cycle is the right duration, the parents would take suicidal steps to protect them and with so many places to hide on human worlds, they could almost hide in plain sight, or at least the shadows.

Now that I've got the 8th ed codex, I found something else:
in the lore section of the clamavus, there's another bit about T'au.

Just one sentence, but GSC used Clamavuses Clamavii against battlesuits.

Both of those are in the new 8th ed codex too.

That's exactly the quotes I've been referring to - didn't know they were in the 8th ed codex too. Thank you for looking them up.

That's exactly the quotes I've been referring to - didn't know they were in the 8th ed codex too. Thank you for looking them up.

What is a clamavii

What is a clamavii

Presumably the plural of Clamavus.

• 2 weeks later...

What would GSC-infected Tau even look like?

I doubt the change would manifest through scales on the forehead, since that would clog their nose slits.

Most Tau are depicted as bald, so lack of hair wouldn't make them stand out.

What would GSC-infected Tau even look like?

I doubt the change would manifest through scales on the forehead, since that would clog their nose slits.

Most Tau are depicted as bald, so lack of hair wouldn't make them stand out.

Hairy. Very hairy. Furry, even. :rolleyes:

Archived