Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thousand Sons 1500pts (First List Back After 5 Year Hiatus)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BrotherEndcat

BrotherEndcat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Hello ladies and gents! Good to be back on a forum! I was part of the Librarium Online community a long time ago but that has very much died it seems so here I am on the venerable Bolter & Chainsword site!

So... I have been away from being actively collecting tabletop for about 5 years (still watching batreps, keeping an eye on releases though etc) and I want to rekindle my relationship with chaos and the blue and gold is calling me. I've basically got $1000 AUD to spend and I figured that'd get me a 1500 point army pretty well and this is the list I've come up with. Just want some constructive criticism on the list and TS in general. Cheers!

Battle-forged +3CP

Battalion Detachment +5CP

Relic -1CP

Total - 8CP

Ahriman on Disk - 166

Daemon Prince w/ Talons, Wings and Dark Matter Crystal - 180

Rubric Marines x10 w/ 1 warpflamer, soulreaper cannon, sorceror has plasma and axe - 209

Rubric Marines x10 w/ 1 warpflamer, soulreaper cannon, sorceror has plasma and stave - 207

Tzaangors x20 w/ brayhorn - 150

Scarab Occult Terminators x5 w/ hellfyre missiles, soulreaper cannon - 211

Tzaangor Enlightened x5 w/ fatecaster greatbows - 85

Forgefiend w/ 2 hades autocannons and 1 ectoplasma cannon - 160

Maulerfiend w/ lasher tendrils - 132

Total; 1500pts

The idea is the rubrics and terminators will cast weaver of fates on themselves while ahriman and the DP will be more offensive capability.

Thoughts for a fresh list? Bare in mind I don't really want a hyper competitive list I want to go back to a store and make friends with fun and banter but still be able to win against stronger lists.

"I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence. Now his lapdogs yap for every life I take, while the gods promise me the galaxy..."

Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube

gallery_45765_12339_12035.png

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,239 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later
As a charge deterrent the warp flamers are too expensive. You probably won't ever be in range to use them in the shooting phase. Even if you d6 hits aren't that great.

Ahriman works better as a support HQ. If you want two beatsticks, take another DPoT.

You have few AT weapons. Maybe replace a fiend or two with missile launcher/lascannon helbrute.
  • BrotherEndcat likes this

gallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

BrotherEndcat

BrotherEndcat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

As a charge deterrent the warp flamers are too expensive. You probably won't ever be in range to use them in the shooting phase. Even if you d6 hits aren't that great.

Ahriman works better as a support HQ. If you want two beatsticks, take another DPoT.

You have few AT weapons. Maybe replace a fiend or two with missile launcher/lascannon helbrute.

My biggest reasoning with the warp flamers is a high number of mates that play tyranids or other more horde lists so the auto hits may come in useful, yeah theyre a tad expensive but i feel when faster armies come in itll be a handy way to clear some chaff.

So would you run offensive powers on your aspiring sorcerors in the rubric units for more damage output and have ahriman casting buffs?

You're right about the anti-tank though, how do helbrutes fair at the moment in games? 120pts for a lascannon/missile helbrute isnt too bad really.

"I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence. Now his lapdogs yap for every life I take, while the gods promise me the galaxy..."

Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube

gallery_45765_12339_12035.png

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,239 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Helbrutes are good, but you might want to look at some forgeworld options.

• BrotherEndcat likes this

gallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users