Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemon Rumour Engine - Feb 17 2019

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Bloodmaster

Bloodmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
With a specific update for the black Legion inbound, how and why does every other side jump on the night lords band wagon?!
  • the emperor is scottish likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

With a specific update for the black Legion inbound, how and why does every other side jump on the night lords band wagon?!

Because chain glaive.
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch likes this
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,879 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Because chain glaive.

It’s literally just a Chainsword on a stick, I think the rest of the CSM could have figured it out since 30k.
  • Juggernut likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts

Because chain glaive.

It’s literally just a Chainsword on a stick, I think the rest of the CSM could have figured it out since 30k.

Agreed, however he asked for a reason and I told him. Let's not reignite this topic ;)

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts
By the looks of things I think (hope) they have streamlined the chaos models! No more silly belly mouths or demonic tongues liking out of knee pads spoiling the outline of the model.

If the black fortress and spoiler leaks are anything to go by they have forgone the Saturday morning cartoon look.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

By the looks of things I think (hope) they have streamlined the chaos models! No more silly belly mouths or demonic tongues liking out of knee pads spoiling the outline of the model.

If the black fortress and spoiler leaks are anything to go by they have forgone the Saturday morning cartoon look.

I don't think I've ever seen a saturday morning cartoon looking anything like chaos marine armour. I'm slowly beginning to really hate people stating "saturday morning cartoon this" and "saturday morning cartoon that". It's such a weak argument that says basically nothing. If you don't like overly mutated/daemonic power armour just say that.
Also belly mouths are a Deathguard thing so don't worry about that.

Edited by sfPanzer, 18 February 2019 - 09:09 AM.

• DuskRaider, Juggernut, Bryan Blaire and 5 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

Uh, that's the Death Guard's new look and nothing ever suggested that the new CSM would look the same? I don't really understand how this relates to anything besides a desire to go "Saturday morning cartoons amirite?".

And if you don't expect mutations, get ready for Possessed, because they're happening.

• Son of Carnelian, Nemesor Tyriks, Magpie Knight and 1 other like this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts

Uh, that's the Death Guard's new look and nothing ever suggested that the new CSM would look the same? I don't really understand how this relates to anything besides a desire to go "Saturday morning cartoons amirite?".

And if you don't expect mutations, get ready for Possessed, because they're happening.

You say new, but I see more of Blanches art in the most recent DG than the previous generation. So I feel we are going back to the old days and the old looks.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

With a specific update for the black Legion inbound

Why does so many people assume this?

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

You say new, but I see more of Blanches art in the most recent DG than the previous generation. So I feel we are going back to the old days and the old looks.

Yes, I know. They look a lot like John Blanche and Jes Goodwin's sketches. That's not the point.

Edited by DeadFingers, 18 February 2019 - 06:25 PM.

• Harleqvin likes this

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

Why is the part of the chainsaw that is most likely to contact the enemy covered by a regular blade? Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

I imagine (as with all chain weapons) there is a lesser power field that goes around the chain, as chainsaws are really :cussty weapons, they spray the user with bone chips and viscera and the chains would snag and snap on armor and sufficiently dense bone, and since power weapons are supposed to be "honored relics" like how space marines are supposed to be near unstoppable masters of war but the basic tactical marine has 1 attack, 1 wound and a 3+ save he rarely gets but pays for, chain weapons would be the "budget mass production power weapon" because every Tom Dick and Hank can't have power weapons (and if they did they would only have 1 attack anyways-Grey Knights in the lore are all the same rank of guys except Purifiers and Paladins and officers, but everyone has 1 attack each.)

The bladed portion would act as a "leading edge" where it could part armor and give the teeth (again, theoretically partially fielded to aide in usage) better bite.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,710 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

With a specific update for the black Legion inbound

Why does so many people assume this?

Partially just assumptions, but I think we can safely expect Black Legion specific detachment(s) in Vigilus 2. I’d say that’s more new content than an update, though. I think others are just holding onto hope, the way I know Angron and juggernaut cavalry for World Eaters are right around the corner.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,593 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

Well seeing that right GW as no problem to update or change units unlike in the past( like Some of the Demons units that has been changed with the Chapter Approved, or the Huge changes and updates of units that Death guards received)

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts

I don't think I've ever seen a saturday morning cartoon looking anything like chaos marine armour. I'm slowly beginning to really hate people stating "saturday morning cartoon this" and "saturday morning cartoon that". It's such a weak argument that says basically nothing. If you don't like overly mutated/daemonic power armour just say that.
Also belly mouths are a Deathguard thing so don't worry about that.

That's fine as i'm sure i wont lose any sleep over you're slowly growing 'hatred' as we're all entitled to out feelings and opinions just like its my opinion that SOME of the chaos, not just 40k, releases in the past wouldn't look out of place in something like power rangers or biker mice from mars. 

I've been a chaos player since i started the hobby about 20 years ago and have loved the range with every new edition even if I've felt some of the models have been a tad iffy. 
I'm really excited for the new range, more so than I can probably say and this includes the new possessed as I didn't say i wasn't a fan of the overly mutated look. I simply don't like 'needles/useless' mutation and that's probably because i like clean outlined unbusy models. The primaris range as well as the sacrosanct chamber in aos or the GSC are good examples of this.   

Anyway cant wait to see more and overly excited for the release. 

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
I know some have said something about maybe new chaos bikers in this thread.
Has anyone noticed that Chaos bikers are no longer available on the website? I know it doesn’t 100% mean that they are getting new models, as it could be just repacking, but it’s something to note.

Edited by Harleqvin, 21 February 2019 - 02:03 AM.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Aarik

Aarik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

I would not be surprised if GW moves away from space marine/CSM biker units by not refreshing the models.  (Interceptors seem a roughly equivalent replacement from a fast-moving, shooty model standpoint).  IMO they break the suspension of disbelief the most (the various models of jetbikes notwithstanding), and seem like a holdover from needing a "cavalry-equivalent" model for the range many years ago.

• Juggernut likes this

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,555 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands, Alpha Legion
I mean, motorcycle troops for reconnaissance is historical; even today, they, ATVs, and buggies are used by special forces and the like in irregular warfare scenarios. So it's not completely out of the bounds of realism.

Where it gets me is that those bikes must have tires and suspension that are ridiculously heavy duty to carry a fully armored Space Marine. I feel like jetbikes just make so much more sense because of this.
  • Harleqvin likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts
Jetbikes for life!!! Totally unbiased opinion from a Custodes and Aeldari fan.

I'm kind of bummed GW isn't using this refresh to spruce up classic vehicles for Chaos. I wish they would give Chaos their own rhinos, land raiders, etc. Vehicles that look truly mutated by the warp. Not just a SM vehicle with spikes and gargoyles.

I dislike the new Daemon Engine is all.
  • Guzzlrr likes this

Guzzlrr

Guzzlrr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
  • Faction: the Mortal Armies of Chaos.

So after thinking about it for a while, I've narrowed it down to four possibilities. This of course based entirely on speculation.

1- It belongs to a character or "unique" unit, like for example the Bringers of Despair. See Terminator with Flaming Mace of Doom for a similar two handed weapon.
2- It belongs to new Terminators, kinda similar to the above, but not unique. Again see Terminator with Flaming Mace of Doom.
3- It belongs to new Chosen sculpts. The weapon seems fancy enough for one of them.
4- It belongs to new Chaos Bikers. Yes, Bikers. The idea of a polearm chainsaw with a stabby bit and crossguard strikes me as perfect for impaling people at high speed. Plus GW seem to be on a vehicular streak as of late.

Those are my two cents, in what I consider to be most likely to least likely, with the middle two kinda tied. Of couse there's the fifth possibility out of the left field that this belongs to either CSM or Possessed, but it looks too baller for that.

And if this is Berzerkers, I'll be severely disappointed. They deserve better. Not that the weapon isn't good enough for a Berzerker, I mean that they deserve better than to be lumped into an Undivided release. You know what I'm talking about.

I'd rather get new sculpts now. Which I reckon theve probably been sitting on for a while. I remember when I went to games day years ago space wolves had just released & chaos demons had released with 2/3rds of the model range missing. But on games day there was the test sculpts for seekers of slaaneesh. They didn't come out for a very very very very very long time after that. So ... I want it all. I want it all .... And I want it now !

Iron Within ! Iron Without!

My WIP Check it out.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,299 posts

I'm kind of bummed GW isn't using this refresh to spruce up classic vehicles for Chaos. I wish they would give Chaos their own rhinos, land raiders, etc. Vehicles that look truly mutated by the warp. Not just a SM vehicle with spikes and gargoyles.

The problem is that if they make Chaos vehicles COMPLETELY warped and mutated, if a player is using a recently traitor chapter, or a Legion that's not big on corruption of their vehicles (from what I've seen, World Eaters, Iron Warriors and Thousand Sons), it'd clash with that army's aesthetic. The current ones are fine BECAUSE they aren't completely warped/mutated, allowing the player themselves to make it as corrupted as they want.

So after thinking about it for a while, I've narrowed it down to four possibilities. This of course based entirely on speculation.

1- It belongs to a character or "unique" unit, like for example the Bringers of Despair. See Terminator with Flaming Mace of Doom for a similar two handed weapon.
2- It belongs to new Terminators, kinda similar to the above, but not unique. Again see Terminator with Flaming Mace of Doom.
3- It belongs to new Chosen sculpts. The weapon seems fancy enough for one of them.
4- It belongs to new Chaos Bikers. Yes, Bikers. The idea of a polearm chainsaw with a stabby bit and crossguard strikes me as perfect for impaling people at high speed. Plus GW seem to be on a vehicular streak as of late.

Those are my two cents, in what I consider to be most likely to least likely, with the middle two kinda tied. Of couse there's the fifth possibility out of the left field that this belongs to either CSM or Possessed, but it looks too baller for that.

And if this is Berzerkers, I'll be severely disappointed. They deserve better. Not that the weapon isn't good enough for a Berzerker, I mean that they deserve better than to be lumped into an Undivided release. You know what I'm talking about.

I'd rather get new sculpts now. Which I reckon theve probably been sitting on for a while. I remember when I went to games day years ago space wolves had just released & chaos demons had released with 2/3rds of the model range missing. But on games day there was the test sculpts for seekers of slaaneesh. They didn't come out for a very very very very very long time after that. So ... I want it all. I want it all .... And I want it now !

I'm in agreement. Berzerkers/Noise Marines shouldn't be lumped into an Undivided release.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,879 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

The problem is that if they make Chaos vehicles COMPLETELY warped and mutated, if a player is using a recently traitor chapter, or a Legion that's not big on corruption of their vehicles (from what I've seen, World Eaters, Iron Warriors and Thousand Sons), it'd clash with that army's aesthetic. The current ones are fine BECAUSE they aren't completely warped/mutated, allowing the player themselves to make it as corrupted as they want.

The current one is just the loyalist one, though. So that option would still be available.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 799 posts
Look I found a chaos rhino. It's perfect as it is.

https://www.forgewor...s-Pattern-Rhino

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,299 posts

The current one is just the loyalist one, though. So that option would still be available.

The current one also has a different 3rd and 4th sprue compared to the Loyalist ones.

Look I found a chaos rhino. It's perfect as it is.

https://www.forgewor...s-Pattern-Rhino

That too :lol: The 'older' variants of vehicles from Forge World work really well for Chaos vehicles.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,923 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
We're starting to wander a little far afield, let's come back to the rumours, yeah?

=][=
  • Juggernut, Excessus and Panzer like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

40kLordDiscordant-Mar13-LordDiscordant3h

• El_Dicko likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users