The Second Barbarossa Crusade

The Pounder

Hello brothers, I’m getting back into Black Templars again. (Been dying for a reason to reboot the Crusade!)

It’ll be full Primaris and I have a few questions.

I’ve bought a box of Intercessors, I’ve built my first 5 man squad and I’ve given a power sword to the sergeant.

Now I have the second squad and I’m not sure what to arm the sergeant with?

I have an extensive bitz box so I have plenty of axes, swords, hammers etc.

Also I want to convert up a Marshal in Gravis Armour, he’ll have a gauntlet in one hand, so I have a suitable sword but before I do the

modelling are there any other options? Or is it still power sword only?

What should I go with?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks very much for the replies!

Hammer it is then.

Another noob question, are squad Sergeants Sword Brethren?

I was wondering what the convention was in regards to heraldry etc.

I know that Sword Brethren have black and red pads and I’d like to uphold the history (even if they are Primaris!)

A veteran sergeant would be a sword brother. Currently not an option for Primaris (unlless, you upgrade a squad of intercessors through the stratagem, then the entire squad would presumably be swordbrothers)

In my case, I painted my 30th anniversary sergeant as well as veteran sergeant Jovan as sword brothers, since they were called 'veteran' on the box, but that's not really supported by any rules (unless, again, I put them at the head of squad that was upgraded through the veteran intercessor stratagem... but then presumably the entire squad should wear the red veteran pads)

Hello brothers, I’m getting back into Black Templars again. (Been dying for a reason to reboot the Crusade!)

It’ll be full Primaris and I have a few questions.

I’ve bought a box of Intercessors, I’ve built my first 5 man squad and I’ve given a power sword to the sergeant.

Now I have the second squad and I’m not sure what to arm the sergeant with?

I have an extensive bitz box so I have plenty of axes, swords, hammers etc.

Also I want to convert up a Marshal in Gravis Armour, he’ll have a gauntlet in one hand, so I have a suitable sword but before I do the

modelling are there any other options? Or is it still power sword only?

What should I go with?

Thanks in advance.

If you haven’t already glued things I’d recommend magnetising your sergeants’ melee hands. 2mm magnets fit inside a Primaris wrist perfectly and who knows what options may become available to Intercessors in the future.