The Praetorian Crusade

Crovan

Suggestion for your Marshal's heraldry (as I still don't like the halved fist): Make the fist gold, to represent Dorn. IIRC, the Primarch had golden armor, which he repainted the black of mourning after the Siege of Terra. The golden fist would thus symbolize a desire to restore the Imperium to its pre-Heresy strength, and more.

Suggestion for your Marshal's heraldry (as I still don't like the halved fist): Make the fist gold, to represent Dorn. IIRC, the Primarch had golden armor, which he repainted the black of mourning after the Siege of Terra. The golden fist would thus symbolize a desire to restore the Imperium to its pre-Heresy strength, and more.

Something like this? I could see that. A little less busy than the halved fist.

gallery_2986_15309_70092.png

And here with a solid black cross

gallery_2986_15309_6821.png

This looks best, in my opinion.

Thanks for the input. I had thoughts on the halved vs solid cross. The white cross on red could represent bringing the Emperor's Light to Imperium Nihilus, whereas the solid cross on both halves represents their efforts to reunite a divided Imperium.

What program have you used to make your badge? I'd really like to do my crusade badge but my it drawing skills are fairly non existent.

+1! 

And I liked the halved fist but will concede the solid fist is less busy and would look more coherent replicated across an army. (Easier to paint too!) With the solid fist, the solid cross also works better.

Solid black cross looks best and +1 on the software to make it.

I just found a bunch of vector graphics for the different elements and bashed them together in GIMP, a free image editing software.

The Neophyte is well-painted. How will you decorate his base?

Thanks! I'm doing up the bases for all five of them at the moment. Urban ruins is the basing scheme I'm going for with my crusade. These guys, in particular, will not be raised up at all, as they're a bit tall next to normal Marines.

• 1 month later...
I really like your neophytes. They have an appropriately "squire" look that I think neos should have. I'd been thinking about doing something similar when the enforcers first came out. How do they compare, size-wise, to your initiates? Edited by JimVandy85