Question on Helbrecht miniature

Helias_Tancred

Don't diss the circlet. I may of course be mistaken, but it may be a reference to a rather famous fantasy swordsman and leader :

So now there was a wide space before the walls of Minas Tirith, and it was hemmed in upon all sides by the knights and the soldiers of Gondor and of Rohan, and by the people of the City and of all parts of the land. A hush fell upon all as out from the host stepped the Dúnedain in silver and grey; and before them came walking slow the Lord Aragorn. He was clad in black mail girt with silver, and he wore a long mantle of pure white clasped at the throat with a great jewel of green that shone from afar; but his head was bare save for a star upon his forehead bound by a slender fillet of silver. With him were Éomer of Rohan, and the Prince Imrahil, and Gandalf robed all in white, and four small figures that many men marvelled to see....

My absolute hatred of resin comes from this. I was gutted when the Sword of the High Marshals snapped. Ever since never bought a god damn resin miniature of any sort.

You can't entirely blame the resin either, the metal one I had snapped just as easily, the sword's design is just too fragile because it has that odd narrow bit above the cross guard.

I want all of our characters to be redone in plastic (and made into primaris size...), they're all showing their age in various ways. If Helbrecht gets a plastic kit the likelyhood of getting both a bare head and helmeted option is not out of the question.

Paging the old grumpy chaplain to make sure he sends his "crown" to GW

My absolute hatred of resin comes from this. I was gutted when the Sword of the High Marshals snapped. Ever since never bought a god damn resin miniature of any sort.

You can't entirely blame the resin either, the metal one I had snapped just as easily, the sword's design is just too fragile because it has that odd narrow bit above the cross guard.

haha, ... thats why I bought him three times. At the end, he carry a axe^^

I want all of our characters to be redone in plastic (and made into primaris size...), they're all showing their age in various ways. If Helbrecht gets a plastic kit the likelyhood of getting both a bare head and helmeted option is not out of the question.

Paging the old grumpy chaplain to make sure he sends his "crown" to GW

For reference/bragging:

gallery_38474_6916_64282.jpg

Brother Krikey was kind enough to make one after seeing the design I'd made for a drawing by another gifted brother, Greyall:

gallery_38474_6916_172834.jpg

As for Helbrecht's sword, the one remedy I can offer for its fragility is to magnetize the wrist and hand.

The grip on my Helbrecht broke and disappeared, I found a chainsword grip with an eagle head to replace it. While painting the candelabra on his back snapped, luckily I was able to glue it back without much problem.

I would love to see Primaris Versions of all the Black Templars characters, maybe even a new primaris character, but 4 might be asking too much for a chapter that isn't Ultramarines. I hate that Helbrecht and Grimaldus are shorter than even the newer tactical and veteran marines, not to mention how tiny they look next to primaris.

We don't really need a specifically Primaris Emperor's Champion though, the Emperor's Champion is just whoever happens to have the right visions that week, which could be a Primaris or non-Primaris marine. They get given the Armour of Faith and the Black Sword and go off looking for death and glory.

(The only difference, would of course be the size, it wouldn't be easy stuffing a Primaris marine in ten thousand year old armour designed for a smaller chap.)

Well I think if they did a chapter specific release for us they'd do the Champion definitely and Helbrecht propably and grimaldus maybe.

From talking to guys ATM flgs I get the feeling that most players know the templar aesthetic and know about the Champion, but not everyone and maybe even very few people know about out charakters.

Archived