Tomb complex shelf height?

Beatnik cryptek

Ok Phaerons, I'm building a 'tomb complex' to house my necron forces.

Now asides from remarkable models like a monolith or a construct, how high do my shelves need to be? I plan on making one or two at least 6", and maybe have 2 that are 4" high. The 6" shelves will by for wraiths and barges.

Do most models easily fit in a 4" shelf? It's 8" deep. so things like warriors and imos, lords, crypteks, lychguard, praetorians, etc, would be ok?

All infantry should fit. Tomb blades and spyders would fit. Triarch Stalkers and Ghost/Doomsday Arks might not. Mine are all packed away and I don't want to risk waking my wife up digging around for them but I can measure tomorrow.

Btw I was just hit with the idea that a 1.25" shelf at the bottom or top could be useful to house your regular srarabs. Basic scarabs should easily fit in an 5/4" high shelf and you could put them on a sheet of stiff cardboard to pull them out and push them in on.

Any necron army worth its chrome is going to have lots of scarabs, and they do take up a fair amount of surface area but little in terms of vertical space un less you modify them.

Archived