Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 World Eaters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,139 posts

So, I've got two list ideas for an upcoming 1750 tournament in March. I'd like opinions.

Option A:

ANGRY DUDES AND ANGRY STOMPY BOTS

World Eaters Battalion
HQs
- Dark Apostle (Power Maul. Plasma Pistol) - 77 (Warlord, Relic: Brass Collar) [Warlord Trait: Slaughterborn, Unholy Fortitude or Lord of Terror]
- Exalted Champion (Chainsword, Power Axe) - 75

Troops
- 8 Berzerkers (Chainsword+Chainaxe x7, Chainsword+Power Fist on Champ, Icon of Wrath) - 154
- 8 Berzerkers (Chainsword+Chainaxe x7, Chainsword+Power Fist on Champ, Icon of Wrath) - 154
- 12 Cultists (Autogun x11, Heavy Stubber) - 62
- 11 Cultists (Autogun x11, Heavy Stubber) - 57

Dedicated Transport:
- Chaos Rhino (Combi-Bolter x2) - 74
Detachment Total: 955

Super Heavy Detachment (Renegade Knights):
- Renegade Knight (Thermal Cannon x2, Meltagun) - 451
- Renegade Armiger (Helverin, Heavy stubber) - 172
- Renegade Armiger (Helverin, Heavy stubber) - 172
Detachment Total: 795

Army Total: 1750

Option B:

WAKE THE SCORPION

World Eaters Battalion
HQs
- Dark Apostle (Power Maul. Plasma Pistol) - 77 (Warlord, Relic: Brass Collar) [Warlord Trait: Slaughterborn, Unholy Fortitude or Lord of Terror]
- Exalted Champion (Chainsword, Power Axe) - 75
- Warpsmith (Power Axe, Flamer, Meltagun, Mechatendrils) - 60

Troops
- 20 Cultists (Autogun x18, Heavy Stubber x2) - 102
- 16 Cultists (Autogun x15, Heavy Stubber) - 77

Dedicated Transport:
- Chaos Rhino (Combi-Bolter x2, Havoc Launcher) - 80
Detachment Total: 1098

World Eaters Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
- Greater Brass Scorpion - 650
Detachment Total: 650

Army Total: 1748

Personally, as of right now, I'm thinking of going with Option B, just to mess with people because most of the people think I'm bringing the Knights laugh.png

It also helps that the Brass Scorpion forces a choice. Does the opponent:
- Ignore the Brass Scorpion and kill my Berzerkers and Cultists so I can't secure objectives, thereby allowing the Brass Scorpion to run rampant in their lines?
- Ignore the Berzerkers and Cultists to kill the Brass Scorpion, thereby allowing the Berzerkers to run rampant through their lines and the Cultists to secure objectives?

Edited by Gederas, 21 February 2019 - 03:28 PM.

• SanguinaryGuardsman likes this

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

I like the first list a lot more.  The shooting in that list just seems like ideal support for world eaters.

What mission format is that tourney?

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,139 posts

I like the first list a lot more.  The shooting in that list just seems like ideal support for world eaters.

What mission format is that tourney?

I do agree the first has a nice amount of shooting, but the Brass Scorpion also brings a very nice amount of shots, plus with the second list I technically have more shooting because the Rhinos all have Havoc Launchers and more cultists.

As for the mission format, to quote my friend who's running it: "Using the missions from the core rule book. Roll for mission as normal. I might just randomly assigned missions at each table. I am not the LVO what is this format you are asking about? Lol I have no idea what that is seriously."

So I don't have a damned clue what the mission format is until the day of. Woo! laugh.png

EDIT:

To quote him: It's a FLGS tournament, matched play, standard rules :lol:

Edited by Gederas, 21 February 2019 - 03:04 PM.

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

I think the first list would help you more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users