Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 PT Death Guard Plague Marine Spam with AEGIS :O

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DemetriiTZ

DemetriiTZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 526 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

BATTALION: DEATH GUARD (+5 CP)

HQ:

Daemon Prince: 156 (Miasma)

*Talons x 2

*Warlord: Arch Contaminator

*Relic: Suppurating Plate

Necrosius: 135 (Blades, Vitality, Curse of the Leper/Plaguewind/Gift, depending on matchup)

TROOPS:

Plague Marine x 7: 134

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

BATTALION: Death Guard (+5 CP)

HQ:

Lord of Contagion: 112

*Manreaper

Lord of Contagion: 112

*Manreaper

TROOPS:

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

*Blight Launcher x 2

*Combibolter

FORTIFICATION DETACHMENT: +0 CP

1 x Aegis Defense Line: 75

1930 PT, 70 floated in order to have a character summon in a Poxbringer on Turn 1-2, depending on board position and need. 14 drops (reduceable to 12 by way of deepstriking Lords of Contagion, either into enemy backfield, midfield to support infantry advance beyond the Aegis, or onto backfield objectives in order to function as very durable scoring/protection from emergent threats like Genestealer Cult ambushes. Lords of Contagion love to heroically intervene, believe me.)

13 command points, in total. Army parks on the line behind their Aegis and opens up with bolters until they have to move forward – 160 shots + Smite + Lords of Contagion used as disposable backfield invaders is the general game plan, supported by the threat of DP + Necro + 2 x Lords of C counterassault if enemies attempt to charge into the lines.

Speaking of lines – this one is held by 10 (10) squads of Plague Marines, amounting to 70 bodies with a 2+ save and Disgustingly Resilient, Arch Contaminator, reroll 1’s auras, and a pile of 13 command points when the army has literally no gimmick to spend them on.

Summoning the Poxbringer allows you to do two things – 1, he happily buffs the Daemon Prince with +1 Strength, which bumps Talons to S8: this is a significant break point, and the Prince footslogs with the rest of the army as an anchor, so a constantly-advancing Poxbringer can generally keep up with him. More importantly, however, the Poxbringer acts like the Aeldari Farseer, in that he provides us with one of the closest things Chaos can get to Doom: he can reliably drop enemy unit toughness by -1 at 18’’ away, for Warp Charge 6. This means Bolters wound Knights on 5’s instead of 6’s, by the way, and this army has quite a few Bolters. Stuff like Riptides are reduced to T6, and Blight Launchers with Arch-Contaminator will absolutely MULCH them, combined with Bolters, with 0 issue (or effort).

The Lords of Contagion are new additions, replacing a pair of Malig-Plaguecasters. The army already has 4 powers from Contagion between the DP and Necro, though, and I feel like Lords are both absolutely unheard-of and totally under the meta radar, but serve a role that is more flexible than just having additional psykers. After all, I still have 4 Denies, and 4 Denies isn’t too shabby – meanwhile, I suddenly turned 8 T5 3+ saves into 12 T5 2+/4++ saves which can Deepstrike, and are expendable.

Cool thing a lot of folks don't know about the Aegis Defense Line: it can be broken up into 2-piece segments x 4, instead of one continuous unbroken line, allowing you to "reinforce" your home terrain pieces and objectives, or project a huge wall of cover in order to seize midfield immediately with long-range bolter fire.

I’m looking for lots of feedback – it’s a weird army composition, for sure, and I’ve never seen anyone running anything like it before, but I have a lot of Plague Marines, so why not? rolleyesclean.gif

Edited by DemetriiTZ, 21 February 2019 - 04:06 AM.

• Dallas Drake likes this

Zombs

Zombs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
I honestly don't know what to say ahahah

Praetoria

Praetoria

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

I like the look of the list. I wrote something up similar a while ago and have written up another list using massive blocks of infantry.

I think this list would benefit from a Biologus Putrifier and Foul Blightspawns.

Dallas Drake

Dallas Drake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,007 posts

It's a legit build and I'm not surprised it does well, it would certainly catch people off guard. I've done something smiliar but on a much smaller scale (6x5 PMs in a Battalion) and mass blight launchers with arch contaminator is pretty amazing, re-roll 1s is just gravy as most hit and with re-rolls to wound you'll get plenty through.

I think you might struggle against armies that can DS and charge, GSC spring to mind. Without a screen they're straight into melee with your PMs and clever players will consolidate into multiple squads and really mess up your shooting fast. I don't want to advise you to change it but in my build I personally bring either nurglings or plaguebearers, that way I get my poxbringer and/or a spoilpox or secondary poxbringer. Nurglings and plaguebearers are the best screen Nurgle can get.

Blightspawn are amazing but you have to be careful adding in buffing characters, they can soon add up and I wouldn't say there is one I always include. A few FBS can really cause the enemy issues but less so if you're sitting behind an aegis. I tend to move my PMs up so find them useful, using MBH or the 1st turn strat to improve my 3+ to a 2+.

I assume you use the Lords of Contagion like Blightlords? Drop them in behind the enemy/wherever they're needed and threaten their backlines?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users