Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer Conquest - Silver Templars

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,086 posts

Technically a Conquest release, but given it's an entire mini-book dedicated to a new chapter I thought it'd make sense to drop it here too.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Taliesin and clumsy_explorer like this

mkbKIlr.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,818 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
This is sweet. Love this kind of stuff.
  • Cyrox and Shinespider like this

-~Ishagu~-

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts

Interesting!

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,443 posts

#NotMyTemplar

Just beating Sete to the punch tongue.png

(Seriously though, this looks interesting. So if you get issues 39-42 you get this sepperate book? Guessing you just can't start conquest now to get this...)

Edited by Reinhard, 21 February 2019 - 10:30 AM.

• PeteySödes, Sete and Subtleknife like this

Frostglaive

Frostglaive

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 352 posts

Is this book supposed to be extra rules for a new Chapter? Or just a fluff piece?

I haven't really heard about Conquest before so I don't know anything about it.

When life tries to knock you down, fight back and fight dirty. Aim for the throat and kick it while it's down.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,305 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Is this book supposed to be extra rules for a new Chapter? Or just a fluff piece?

I haven't really heard about Conquest before so I don't know anything about it.

I would expect it will be background only.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts

If you were building to a primaris-centric SM codex - as the increased range with Shadowspear could be taken to suggest - introducing a new prominent all-primaris chapter through a series of magazines that have helped fresh hobbyists build up a small collection might not be a bad idea. Not a new poster boy chapter as such, that's obviously still the UM, but something like the Crimson Slaughter were to 6th ed. CSM.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts

I've thought the same, but I think the time for that has passed. They've settled pretty solidly on continuing to use UM for everything. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,851 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

What fresh abomination is this

• Master Commander Ajax, RedFox, StruManChu and 1 other like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,818 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

What fresh abomination is this

It's the future

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,851 posts

The future of what?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,213 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Looks like a new marine chapter being fleshed out to me. I don't see any abomination. Just a spot of new art.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,851 posts

They stole the Templar art from the old codex for these yokels.

• Sete likes this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,661 posts

How did they "steal" anything? The art is from GW, they can do whatever they want with it. And in this case, they've used some old assets and combined them with new art. Big deal.

Back on-topic: it'd be nice to see some other Chapters with next-to-no info fleshed out further but I'm curious to see how this turns out. I'm assuming the Silver Templars are a never-heard-of-before kind of Chapter that GW have created for their Conquest endeavour?

• Son of Carnelian, Shinespider and Joe like this

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

How did they "steal" anything? The art is from GW, they can do whatever they want with it. And in this case, they've used some old assets and combined them with new art. Big deal.

Back on-topic: it'd be nice to see some other Chapters with next-to-no info fleshed out further but I'm curious to see how this turns out. I'm assuming the Silver Templars are a never-heard-of-before kind of Chapter that GW have created for their Conquest endeavour?

Yes they are, not too much on them so far, it has had more of an Ultramarines feel with a couple of pages on the Templar.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,443 posts

They could've made it so much more interesting if it was a new created Primaris Templar successor chapter... missed opportunity.

But I'm not here to rag on this. I just know seeing the word Templar used with 'other' marines was gonna rub some of brothers the wrong way...

• RedFox and balordazul like this

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,263 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

Also, what Templar art is being "stolen" when it's obvious primaris only in the art? Or do you think that only Black Templars can have the word Templar in the name, which is really another level of rudeness all together.

• RikuEru likes this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

Given I have painted up all my Conquest Primaris as Silver Templars this make me happy to get their lore fleshed out a bit!

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,851 posts

The picture of the naked marine is super-imposed over an old marine Black Templar in Mark 7, Cryptix.

Oh :cuss, I'm wrong. I zoomed in on the pic and it looks like the updated the Black Templar in Mark 7 to be a Primaris. The Boltgun has rails and the helmet has the new grille.

Carry on, then.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 21 February 2019 - 02:13 PM.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,635 posts
This is really cool. When 8th came out some people were certain GW was trying to put an end to DIYs and successor chapters through the use of the keywords. I think any focus on minor chapters is good for the hobby. The more subfactions that get any kind of spotlight, the broader the appeal ends up being.
  • Dosjetka and Joe like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts
Sweet. Always nice to get a new Chapter with some fluff.
  • Joe likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,344 posts

Could be interesting if it provides further info on how an Ultima Chapter is organised.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,683 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

I'm assuming the Silver Templars are a never-heard-of-before kind of Chapter that GW have created for their Conquest endeavour?

The Silver Templars have been mentioned in 8th edition lore as an Ultima Founding Successor of the Ultramarines Chapter.

The thing that bugs me about this is that it's only available (I think) to Conquest subscribers, and Conquest isn't available to those of us in the Colonies. It's bad enough that I can't get the other stuff that is only available via Conquest, but it really bugs me when I can't get Adeptus Astartes lore. dry.png

I want this book!sad.png

• Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,108 posts

I'm assuming the Silver Templars are a never-heard-of-before kind of Chapter that GW have created for their Conquest endeavour?

The Silver Templars have been mentioned in 8th edition lore as an Ultima Founding Successor of the Ultramarines Chapter.

The thing that bugs me about this is that it's only available (I think) to Conquest subscribers, and Conquest isn't available to those of us in the Colonies. It's bad enough that I can't get the other stuff that is only available via Conquest, but it really bugs me when I can't get Adeptus Astartes lore. dry.png

I want this book!sad.png

I wouldn't be too surprised if they pop up in a white dwarf index

banana

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,941 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Let's focus on the book for Conquest subscribers, folks.
  • Race Bannon likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users