Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the Fire Watch

space marine homebrew WiP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Rahmnus

Rahmnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines

Hello, I'd like to introduce to you my Chapter

banner-01-src.jpg

Here's a link to my chapter's page.

spacemarine.jpg Regular marine

spacemarine-sgt.jpg Sergent

spacemarine-vet.jpg Veteran

spacemarine-sgt-vet.jpg Sergent veteran

tsm.jpg Terminator

scout.jpg Scout

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,258 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Salamander's?

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,171 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

Salamander's?

The linked page says Raptors, so derived from the Raven Guard Legion.

It's always interesting to see someone not do the obvious. In this case, we have the double twist - a Chapter with heavy use of the flame motif (and additional use of a reptile image) that isn't derived from the Salamanders Legion; and a Chapter derived from the Raven Guard Legion that doesn't appear to use the standard assault/reconnaissance concept.

The only "discrepancy" I see is the dark skin. The gene-seed of the Raven Guard Legion Successors is known to have a mutation/failure that typically results in pale skin. The lack of pale skin in the Fire Watch might be explained as revitalized gene-seed (perhaps they received an induction of gene-seed that didn't have the mutation/failure from stores, or perhaps some experimentation or mixture with other gene-seed "fixed" the problem - whatever rationale is used, if any, should probably be minimal to avoid over-rationalization).

Someone has put the Space Marine Painter to good use. thumbsup.gif

My only concern is that the color scheme looks very busy. I can imagine it becoming a chore to paint on actual miniatures. Since I'm not painting them, though, that's not my problem; and if the OP enjoys painting them up, more power to him.

Please submit this Chapter to the Tabula Astartes and the 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project.

• Machine God likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space marine, homebrew, WiP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users