the Fire Watch

Rahmnus

Salamander's?

The linked page says Raptors, so derived from the Raven Guard Legion.

It's always interesting to see someone not do the obvious. In this case, we have the double twist - a Chapter with heavy use of the flame motif (and additional use of a reptile image) that isn't derived from the Salamanders Legion; and a Chapter derived from the Raven Guard Legion that doesn't appear to use the standard assault/reconnaissance concept.

The only "discrepancy" I see is the dark skin. The gene-seed of the Raven Guard Legion Successors is known to have a mutation/failure that typically results in pale skin. The lack of pale skin in the Fire Watch might be explained as revitalized gene-seed (perhaps they received an induction of gene-seed that didn't have the mutation/failure from stores, or perhaps some experimentation or mixture with other gene-seed "fixed" the problem - whatever rationale is used, if any, should probably be minimal to avoid over-rationalization).

Someone has put the Space Marine Painter to good use. :thumbsup:

My only concern is that the color scheme looks very busy. I can imagine it becoming a chore to paint on actual miniatures. Since I'm not painting them, though, that's not my problem; and if the OP enjoys painting them up, more power to him.

Please submit this Chapter to the Tabula Astartes and the 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project.

Archived