Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemon Rumour Engine - February 21st, 2019

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
I feel like the Fabius novels point to him being inevitable as well. They do kind of point to him being in an Emperors Children release in my opinion.

Edited by El_Dicko, 21 February 2019 - 09:01 PM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Fabius is too big of a name to completely ignore him. The 'problem' is just that he's usually off doing his own thing without getting involved with legion business so you'll rarely see him having a big role in campaigns like Vigilus.

As for the Emperor's Children involvement ... in his latest novel he just sold a whole lot of them to Trazyn together with the perfect Fulgrim clone and in return got untainted EC geneseed (mostly so he can try to cure his own cancer, not to help the legion. He doesn't consider himself part of any legion anymore).

Edited by sfPanzer, 21 February 2019 - 08:39 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

Well that's the thing, of all the expected Chaos releases (aka this one, Emperor's Children and World Eaters) this incoming release would be the most appropriate to introduce a new Bile, unless they've got some secret grand plan reserved for him later down the line, like a Blackstone Fortress type of deal featuring him and a bunch of his "New Men" and other experiments.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Not really. This one is all about Black Legion. While generic Chaos units fit here Bile doesn't as he has nothing to do with the Black Legion. A Blackstone fortress release for him and his New Men sounds pretty awesome actually!

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts

Not really. This one is all about Black Legion. While generic Chaos units fit here Bile doesn't as he has nothing to do with the Black Legion. A Blackstone fortress release for him and his New Men sounds pretty awesome actually!

Yeah, just an expansion where he comes to collect something/someone that has value to his experiments. Bile plus reworked models for 4 or 5 of his Enhanced Warriors would be the perfect size for something like that.

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

An Emperor's Children release wouldn't be complete without Fabulous Bill regardless of his current allegiance.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

Yeah I know he doesn't quite fit either, but out of the three expected releases, I think this one would be the easiest to justify his presence by saying that he made a pact with Abaddon to get more Primaris "subjects" or something like that. At least I think it'd be easier than saying that he's cool with the EC again, because of his whole "Chaos is a means to an end" thing (even if Abaddon isn't happy with him either for cloning Horus and all that).

But I do agree that he really doesn't fit with any of the major Legions anymore. Him doing his own thing in a small scale box would be a nice little detail from GW.

It'd be absolutely hilarious if Bile got released along with a Dark Eldar update though. That'd be amazing on so many levels.

Edited by DeadFingers, 21 February 2019 - 09:24 PM.

Khalan

Khalan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Triumvirate had Bobby G, A grey Knight and a Inq. No reason we couldn't get a chaos version or something similar.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,965 posts

Triumvirate had Bobby G, A grey Knight and a Inq. No reason we couldn't get a chaos version or something similar.

Chyper, not the Inq.
I'm expecting generic heroes for the undivided legions.
Would love to see Kranon re released aswell. Might go on an eBay search when possible.

Edited by Sete, 21 February 2019 - 09:29 PM.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

An Emperor's Children release wouldn't be complete without Fabulous Bill regardless of his current allegiance.

If they stick to the BL books I don't see him coming out with EC.  He has done a fairly good job separating himself from most of his old brothers.  When they redo him it will likely be a subsection about him creating his new men or some major thing dealing with a "improved version" of primaris.  

Yes, I would say he could improve on the primaris over time but he is not afraid to fail and do a new experiment.  He failed with a Horus clone but ended up making a perfect clone of his own primarch that he ended up traded to a Necron.

The clone lord will likely show up within the next 5 years if GW keeps with Chaos being a major bad guy.  

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,284 posts
Fabius Bile could be given the EC keyword, but have some special rule allowing him to be taken by other CSM armies as well.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Let's write less about models released 20 years ago and more about the models to be released in the near future... ;)

• Triszin likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Fabius Bile could be given the EC keyword, but have some special rule allowing him to be taken by other CSM armies as well.

Kinda like cypher can be loyalist and traitor? Would be a neat concept, a hq that can move between CSM and EC. However I feel as we see how the daemon Primarch are gathering their armies that Fulgrim will snatch up Fabius, either by threat or by hanging a carrot in front of him.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

Kinda like cypher can be loyalist and traitor? Would be a neat concept, a hq that can move between CSM and EC. However I feel as we see how the daemon Primarch are gathering their armies that Fulgrim will snatch up Fabius, either by threat or by hanging a carrot in front of him.

The other legions, and Abbaddon, wouldn't look kindly on that. Bile is specifically non-aligned, he can't not be. If he was snatched up by one legion the power-balance would shift in the eye and all the legions know that. They don't want to be the target of the other legions' ire.

But aaaaaanyway, as far as I remember, Fabious Bile doesn't have a flaming book... ;)

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,284 posts
True he doesn't have a flaming book, I hope it belongs to an Apostle, Sorcerer would be cool too, but fluff and model wise I've always preferred Chaplains over Librarians and that goes for their Chaotic counterparts too.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts

Really not convinced it's Lorgar at all.

If they were going to do any Primarch to drum up sales, let's face it, it ain't him! It's Angron or Fulgrim.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

If they were going to do any Primarch to drum up sales, let's face it, it ain't him! It's Angron or Fulgrim.

I think it's only valrak that thinks it's a primarch. :P

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,105 posts

I think it's only valrak that thinks it's a primarch. tongue.png

I said it as a goof.

Its probably a chaos sorceror, then we have a master of possession, I doubt they are the same kit

banana

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,395 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
It could be one kit with a few options perhaps?!... put this on for this character or put this flaming book on for that character ... ?!..

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users