For the last few days I have mostly been finishing up the building and modelling of my Foetid Bloat Drones.
Here they are all together. They are just about there, with just a little bit more work with liquid green stuff. They are built from 4 of the Dark Imperium drones and 2 of the multi-part kits. The multi-part kit gives a range of face plates and the full range of weapons from the codex. I took sometime to make sure that they are as diverse as possible given the parts I have. Where I have used the same face plate I've tried to alter them a bit so they don't look too similar.
These two have the DI face. I've tried to fill the splits on the face of the right one to differentiate them. They will also have different weapons - Plaguespitters for the left one and the heavy blight launcher as pictured for the right one. Once they are undercoated I will add some Agrellan Earth on the armour panels to give some added texture.
These two have the slit-eye face plate from the multi-part kit. Here I've done quite a lot to the Nurgle symbol on the right hand one. I used different sizes of beads that I got years ago from a haberdashery store. I also used the tiny balls from inside a Brita water filter. I think it looks pretty good. Again they will have different weapons, the heavy launcher and a fleshmower.
These two complete the group. These are my two least favourite face plates so I've only used them once. I haven't done that much to these to customise them but I have done a bit of scoring and drilling as with the others. These will have spitters and a mower to give me two of each weapon.
I really need to get on with my test painting for the Death Guard. As I think I've said I would like to try to do most of the painting with Contrast paints and I have a general idea that I want a pale yellow-green colour for the armour plates and large flat areas and use a dark brown for trim and 'metal' bits. Fleshy bits I'll try to use something similar to my Poxwalkers, although I didn't use Contrast on them. I'm not sure about other bits like cloth but I'll probably go with dirty white and red, similar to the Poxwalkers. Bases will be done in my standard brown-grey scheme which is quite dark.
Thanks for looking.