Chaos by Givemead - Death Guard, Poxwalkers

Givemead

Very cool thread . Have to say love the cultists the most.

Thanks very much deathspectersgt7, I always think you can never have enough cultists!

I've been fiddling about with some bits.

gJy9mHg.jpg?1

mgly585.jpg?1

This lord of virulence is just tacked together (rather precariously) for now - I'm not sure about the head, which is on the 'inside' so I'm holding off with the glue for now.  The only bit I have glued so far is his index finger on the plague claw, which is a Cataphractii armour lightening claw thumb.  I wanted a more open hand than the stock plague marine power glove.  Most of the bits are Deathshroud with a Blightlord's plague spewer.  Obviously still a way to go before he really comes together, but I like the results so far.

I'm just about there with the surgeon acolyte for Fabius, but I thought I'd show you the recent Ultramarine casualty before I fix the acolyte to the base.

WDAlQyB.jpg?1

NFVHN4w.jpg

YPmxDHj.jpg

Not the clearest photos in all honesty but I'm pleased with the result.  Once I glue the acolyte down I'll add a little bit of my usual goop around his left foot to finish him off.

Painting on the man himself is coming along slowly.  I was a bit stuck on the skin coat, but I think I'm happy with what I'm doing for that now.  Hopefully pictures very soon.

Edited by Givemead

Really like the subtle and realistic highlights on the acolytes white cloth and skin, the ultra has seen better days but pristine armour!

The lord of virulence looks like an opera singer, sorry, thats what i see... could well fit for Nurgle: Pavorotting Gorgonzolar, belting out some virulent ear-worms that really stick in your head....

Edited by Syrakul

Ah yes, bleeding in the dirt, exactly where and Ultramarine should be. :biggrin.:

Lovely work on the acolyte, my friend.

Thanks very much Noctus Cornix, it's the only place you'll find an Ultra in my collection.

Really like the subtle and realistic highlights on the acolytes white cloth and skin, the ultra has seen better days but pristine armour!

The lord of virulence looks like an opera singer, sorry, thats what i see... could well fit for Nurgle: Pavorotting Gorgonzolar, belting out some virulent ear-worms that really stick in your head....

Thank you Syrakul, I genuinely laughed out loud when I read that.  Maybe I should give him a head with an open mouth!

Still not there yet with Fabius but he's coming along nicely.

nsy55BF.jpg?1

Cl1XbWO.jpg?1

SwpReDy.jpg?1

I saw worrying about the skin coat but I'm pleased with how it is turning out.  Needs a little more work but it's nearly there.  All I have left are easy :ermm:things like his face!

Edited by Givemead

Bile is finished.

1IHYauV.jpg?1

1OzqIS6.jpg?1

vMlbFEF.jpg?1

NsXSacy.jpg?1

Bb8PF0b.jpg?1

Overall very pleased with how he has turned out.  The armour colour, his skin/head, the skin coat all turned out really well.  I'm also pleased with the acolyte and the Ultramarine, despite the fact that you can't see most of him.  I'm quite pleased with his base, although I should have maybe gone for a lighter colour for the wall section he is walking along.

I don't know what will be next up, probably try to finish the daemon prince and maybe get the rest of the acro-cultists built.

great work, really liking the red of the armour! details a really well painted, great job all round 

Thanks very much Sagentus.

I have been messing about with bases!  First up is the base for the daemon prince.

pgdbIKG.jpg?1

7WKiJg1.jpg?1

I think I'm pretty much finished with this base.  A lighter drybrush on that skull and maybe some more water FX on the sludge around it and we are done.  The daemon prince himself is still WIP right now so you only get to see his feet :wink:

Next is a base for my Warpsmith.

8xWtBIb.jpg?1

The right side looks a bit strange with just the base but when the model is placed on top it looks fine.

epxNDji.jpg?1

x9NOarY.jpg?1

Ever since I painted him back at Christmas time I have wanted to do a decent base for him as I only got time for a basecoated base.  I also felt that he needed something bigger than the 25mm one he has in the box.  The main problem however, is that the model's trailing pipes, mechatendrils etc are designed to hang over the edge of the standard 25mm base.  I decided to use a Sector Mechanicus 25mm base cut up as a starting point.  I have cut it up and popped it on a 40mm base, added some other debris and called it a day.  Not sure if it's finished but its way better than the old one he had.

Love the bases! Especially the painting looks good! What greys did you use?

The fabius model looks great too all complete! You have a way of making the face blend naturally into the model, at least from the photos.

Thanks Syrakul.  I'm a little surprised how well the bases came out to be honest, as they were a bit of an experiment.  My standard basing recipe is Mechanicus Standard Grey (spray), Stormvermin Fur (2 thin coats), drybrush Steel Legion Drab, drybrush Karak Stone (ding).  After that on these 2 I did the 'metal' bits with Basilicanum Grey and some fine highlights with Leadbelcher.  The checkerboard was done with Apothecary White and Black Templar.  I was super careful with these and did 2 coats of the white.  At this point I thought it needed something else so I did a very watered down wash with Karak Stone, probably at least 10:1 water to paint.  The slug is Nurgles Rot with a small bit of Typhus Corrosion followed by a couple of coats of water effects (I have an old bottle of this from GW, which they stopped doing years ago).  The dark oil bits in the grate of the Warpsmith's base is just the same but with Black Templar instead of the Nurgles Rot mix.  I'll do another highlight on the skull but otherwise I think these are finished.

Great Job on Bike. The acolyte is brilliant.

Thanks very much deathspectersgt7, glad you like them.  Not bad for my first ever Ultramarine, even if I do say so myself.

I like the way that Lord of Virulence is shaping up. He looks a hell of a lot bigger than the normal one.

I'm also curious how you did those bases, they've got a great dusty rubble look to them.

Thanks Urauloth.  The Lord of Virulence is certainly a chunky lad.  I don't now how he sizes up to the GW model as I don't have it but I think they are comparable.  I want to add to my guy with some pipes or something from the back/top of his armour and obviously I need to give him an extra nozzle on the plague spewer.  As I said above I'm a bit surprised how well the bases came out.  I have been going a bit heavier with the Karak Stone lately which I think adds to the dusty look.

Well I managed to pre-order Cursed City last weekend so things might go a little quiet here with I mess about with the models in that.  I can really see myself getting sucked into doing a load of vampire and undead stuff.

Finally I think I'm getting somewhere with the flamer dude conversion for my arco-cultists.

YOV2Isp.jpg

The way I see it is he might have had a left hand when he started out with the flamer, but he's seen a bit of action and he hasn't been as careful as he really should have been.

The left side of the tanks and the top of the flamer are a little rough so I may see if I can do something about that, otherwise I think he's done.

Edited by Givemead

• 1 month later...