New Centurions info? (Weekender)

depthcharge12

Arguably, MC is better on Heavy Bolters (at least acid ones) and Volkite Culverins than on Lascannons since it's more likely you'll use it (each model has a 19/27 or 65/81 chance of missing a shot instead of a 1/3 chance of missing a shot). Though, obviously, each reroll is less valuable since each shot is worse than a lascannon's.

For units with high volume of fire I'd still rather take divination Librarian - I know he can fail his casting rolls or even blow his own head off, but rerolling all hits in both phases is great. We don't know what this dude exactly does, but the more I think about rumoured "MC heavy wepons" the less I like it. I don't really use heavy support squads for numerous reasons (durability, mobility, cost, RoWs I'm using, opponents) and even master crafted weapons do not sound very tempting. Also some questions:

- what would be his equipment list

- is MCing unit weapons declared at the start of the game or does he have to join the unit

- how much for an upgrade

- is it infantry only

@skimask

Sorry I haven’t responded in a while but I wasn’t directing the “call you on it” as derogatory - I meant it as has anyone actually brought it up in a match?

RAW totally makes sense, but I personally see it as one of those obscure rules that would blindside people.

Back to the centurions - that warmonger sounds like fun, I’ll wait to see what the fine print says as dropping a 20 man unit on someone’s doorstep without having to pay a Kharybidis/Spartan tax is funny.

Armorer sounds interesting, but sounds like he dips into the MoS’s abilities.

Gorgoff I'm going to answer you once and for all.

Heres the wound allocation process

"The Wound Pool

Finally, total up the number of wounds you have caused during that Initiative step. Keep the dice that have scored wounds and create a ‘pool’, where each dice represents a wound. If there are wounds with different Strengths, AP values or special rules that affect saving throws or the effect of any wounds they inflict..."

They call out special rules that affect saving throws or effects of wounds. The grenades keep their stuff through the entire attack sequence. Unequivocally.

"They call out special rules that affect saving throws or effects of wounds. The grenades keep their stuff through the entire attack sequence. Unequivocally."

And that's the part where I have a different opinion. For me the "has to be used against MC/ walkers etc." is not was is meant by this:

"If there are wounds with different Strengths, AP values or special rules that affect saving throws or the effect of any wounds they inflict."

And you think it is.

For me they talk about ID, Murderous Strike and stuff like that.

So we agree to disagree.

I gonna put that question into my mail to FW and we'll see.

"- what would be his equipment list

- is MCing unit weapons declared at the start of the game or does he have to join the unit

- how much for an upgrade

- is it infantry only"

Yupp, all very important informations.

The main thing is how expansive he is.

"Back to the centurions - that warmonger sounds like fun, I’ll wait to see what the fine print says as dropping a 20 man unit on someone’s doorstep without having to pay a Kharybidis/Spartan tax is funny."

I wonder if you can attach other HQ to that unit.

Could be potentialy be pretty nasty.

I agree with the sentiment that the armourer (artificer?) seems to be a bit lackluster, hopefully he gets some other buffs that don't cross over with the siege breaker or master of signal too much. If the dread consul is sort of like a praevian hopefully he'll give special rules to boost their potential (the castraferrum doesn't really have a place now with the contemptor courtus). The speartip guy sounds fun, one deepstriking unit opens up a lot of possibilities (especially if he can have terminator armour). 

Guest Metaliptica

Was thinking about this MC Heavy Weapon centurion. Does anyone know if he is abble to take a jetbike ? That would get my ravenwing hyped !

Archived