All the Codexes are out. Who won?

kombatwombat

Tbh I’d change the brother captain to doubling mortal wounds from smite instead of doubling range to fix that issue in part*.

*I’d also give GK Characters actual smite.

I definitely agree with the other sisters players on here that the beta Sisters codex is the second worst codex and is actually a little worse than the Index list if you use the codex point changes. There are some things that are better about the beta dex (exorcists, bloody rose repentia, the 4++ castle and blessed bolts.) That said, the nerf to Celestine and the complete trashing of the act of faith system makes the index overall slightly superior. Losing double shooting makes the Heavy Bolter Retributors half as effective as they were and losing double moving has made seraphim far, far worse. Storm bolter dominions with blessed bolts are amazing, but that means you are missing out on melta dominions, which are some of your only much needed anti-tank units. Overall, its a bit of a toss up which book is actually better but id give the edge to the index. Which, in a meta with Ynarri, Castellans and Taunars, puts them slightly above Grey Knights.

I have fought the 4++ castle and it is nasty!! but that is one playstyle, which would suffer massively from chaining hits. 

The tier list is obvious, and we are discussing where the armies fall. If you have a problem with that, ignore my posts using the ignore function.

But as a sisters player, I have no choice but to use the current beta codex since it invalidated the index, therefore it's position in the tier list is important, especially since I have seen a lot of people, who usually don't play sisters, rate it much higher than I would, which is arguably slightly above grey knights
So if we are talking about "who won" we can conclusively say that not only did we lose, but we lost harder than any other index force.

Without Allies:
Dark Everything
Eldar
Knights
Ad Mech
Guard
Everything Else
Sisters of Battle (with ministorum)
Sisters of Battle (no ministorum)
Grey Knights

Archived