Shrike +1 1,000 Pts

ONDIG

This list is ideally the other half of a 2000pt list featuring most likely DeathWatch brigade

Shrike

corvydae(Lt.Jumpack,T.Hammer,SB)

Sternguard ×2 5man squads

Vanguard Babyshrike(Sgt.×2Lclaws, 4 vets dual wielding Plasma pistols

Landspeederstorm(AC or MM?)

Scouts (sgt.combiplaz,4 shotguns

Scouts(sgt.SB,Hbltr,8bltr,CLOAKS)

SCOUTBIKES(Sgt.SB,3otherBikes)

This comes out 2 950pts.So my questions of the warsage is twofold

1.tweak list towards Battlion or vanguard?

Break scouts into MSU lose cloaks and add a HvyBltr

2.Drop the scouts(Blasphemy)

and add some Hvy support

(Deredo or Scorpious )

Thanx in advance 4 your consideration on this matter.

1) You're already at the Batt, so I'd go that route.

2) Keep the scouts, drop the cloaks, pick up at least one HB to give you access to Hellfire shells

3) Try to get 1-2 Storm Shield + Plasma boys in the VV

4) Keep the Sternguarr in one unit of 10. Cheaper and more efficient for SFTS and the SIA strat. You can always Combat squad then pre-game if necessary.

1) You're already at the Batt, so I'd go that route.

2) Keep the scouts, drop the cloaks, pick up at least one HB to give you access to Hellfire shells

3) Try to get 1-2 Storm Shield + Plasma boys in the VV

4) Keep the Sternguarr in one unit of 10. Cheaper and more efficient for SFTS and the SIA strat. You can always Combat squad then pre-game if necessary.

Can i combat squad the Bltrscouts pregame to fullfill the Tax 4 a Battalion or do in need another seperate squad?

I think i will dump the cloaks and use those points to add 1-2 additional VV Shieldbearers .I dont think ill have the points for Plazpistols 4 them tho ...

Such is the lot of the Meatshield!

A Battalion needs 3 legal (=composed as dictated by the rules) Troop choices.

A Scout unit is at least 4 Scouts + 1 Scout Sergeant.

Combat Squadding a 10 man squad would net you a Scout unit with a Sergeant and one of five Scouts - just without a Sergeant. That Squad thus can't count towards any Detachment.

So no, you can't CS them for a Battalion just like you can't have a unit with two Sergeants.

Why have Captain Corvydae be a Lt? Why not have him be a Captain to tag along with any Plasma Squad? He alone has more trouble to hit with his Hammer than to wound with it anyway, so I'd promote him - again :wink:

If you have a Shotgun Scout Squad riding into the enemy's face in the LSS with two ranged squads taking objectives, that would make the Melta the better choice.

-> this would take you to 944pts now. Enough to hand out shields to every VV who needs one.

Thing is, you have a lot of units that perform one task but are the only ones doing it.

I'd drop the Bikes and add another VV Squad or vice versa just to have some redundancy in there.

So Corvydae restored to Cpt.,scouts squad x2 w/HvyBLTR and an additional 2vv in the plazmaSquad according 2 BS puts this mess at 999pts.

I wonder if as you recommended may drop the Sternguard for redundant squad of Vanguard vets?

The order of battle in my mind is Scouts covered by a unit of Sternguard plop down w/in Hvybltr range of the unit/s that CPT.Hammer and plzmaSquad are attempting to bring down.

LSS(MultiMelta) and Scoutbikes move in from the flanks to screen Shrike and Company while they fall back

Now I like Sternguard with RG Tactics. Advising to drop them hurts my sense of using Chapter Tactics something awful.

But I'd do it.

Even at Rapid Fire range, a SIB does merely 2/3 of the damage two Plasma shots do to T4 Sv3+. The SIB Stratagem doesn't really boost that all that much while Jump Packs would give your VVs mobility unparalleled by their ranged buddies.

For damage dealt per point, the SIB wins of course. But is that really a factor here?

Now with their range, the Sternguard, split into two MSU squads, would certainly deny any DS while still having acceptable range. And I don't see anything else filling that role - except if you mean to keep the Hellfire Scouts 9" from the table edge at all times.

But might I suggest to have VVs deal more damage in the front while keeping stuff in the back that doesn't have any potential wounds lost to being out of range?

If you were to drop the SG, the headstock would most likely break (sorry, guitar joke).

If you were to drop the SG, your list might be:

Shrike

Corvydae

5 Scouts (Shotguns)

5 Scouts (HB)

5 Scouts (HB)

5 VV (2x LC, 8x PP)

4 Scout Bikes

Land Speeder Storm

That's 772 points. Note I haven't included any fancy guns on the Scouts since I don't exactly know how you might want to arm them.

Adding another of those VV squads and adding 2 Storm Shields to each makes that 897.

Now instead of using those points for Plasma Guns, consider this:

Into those remaining points would almost fit 2 more barebones Scout Squads to watch the back - that's 1007.

If anything, I'd drop one Biker now and spend the difference on more Deathwatch.

Sternguard are still pretty boss this edition,even if Deathwatch did take their ammo!

Honestly the Deathwatch will be filling the SG role anyways.

The quick 100pt DW list is

WatchMaster

4 units of Veterans

Corvus

The idea i think DW Do ZOOMY groundcontrol and RG Plazma Shrike /Cpt.SF Take down Hvysupport or smallElite units

If i am understanding you drop SG and get a 2nd VV like the first and add a sixth vet w/ Sshield to each?

Can the Sgt.still take dualclaws and a COMBATSHIELD?

I wonder if i just took a whole squad SS/Chainswerd?

Shrike drops near both squads

Plzma lights up target

If target survives and is soft Shrike charges to clean up (Negate overwatch)

Shields then follow the Boss or attempt to tie up another unit basicly sacrifice they bodies to help preserve shrike or the plzma squad.

Next round ALL JUMP units fallback towards Scouts and LSS and Bikes rush into the Breach!

Nope, double claws is all he can take.

For a dedicated bodyguard unit, JP VVs are a bit pricey, but sure, it might work.

Keep in mind that people can always shoot though the shield unit at the plasma guys and as soon as Shrike in in close combat, nobody can use their shields to keep him from getting hit back.

This looks like a fun list to play (Jump packs and scouts are my thing!) but my big concern is how are you handling armour?

A few Guard tanks behind the usual wall of cheap infantry is going to give you a bad day for instance.

Close combat anti tank is also very unreliable - the charges will fail even with rerolls more often than not!

Sadly I have no list building solutions as I haven't played enough games of 8th and haven't read the deathwatch codex, just something to think about.

This looks like a fun list to play (Jump packs and scouts are my thing!) but my big concern is how are you handling armour?

The same way i always do ,RUN!

But srsly that is the primary goal of this detachment Deepstrike w/in 12 of a Hardcase and light it up w Plzpistols. 2squads dualwielding plz thats 16 STR8 SHOTS..(OVERCHARGE CUZ SHRIKE)

Should be sufficient to take out most lght/Med vehicles. failing that Corvydae can finish target w the smashhammer!

I the event that target was correctly screened attempt the charge(NO!)SHRIKE in the lead 2 negate overwatch .3 sets of Claws and a Smash hammer should go a long way towards clearing guardsmen(I mean xenos!)

This is still a risky endeavor and as it oft times happens Jumptroops will end upFEELIN THE WRATH! On your opponents next turn.

This is where the Scoutbikes and LSS come into play Bikes engage infantry and LSS assists while shrike and company fall back .

Archived